Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You're responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it--details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums' policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it's understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users' profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses -- Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it's related to a horse for sale, regardless of who's selling it, it doesn't belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions -- Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services -- Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products -- While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements -- Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be "bumped" excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues -- Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators' discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you'd rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user's membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a rider or trainer? Houston, Texas

I've been riding for years and only started training about 2 years ago. I train mostly western and on the ground kind of things, but know some english (from years ago!). I would do the work free, just to get my self the expierence and feedback from someone. I work on a ranch every summer training and selling horses but with college and my own OTTB in training, I cant make the drive out there anymore.

If anyone is interested in me working with or just exercising their horse, please PM me. I am taller, 5 7', so a larger horse might be best riding wise.

Comment

Still horseless on Boston's north shore

I'm a sane, largely-normal, edjumikated young professional living in Medford, MA and working about 20 miles up 93. I've been out of the saddle since September, but have 15 years of good huntseat lessons behind me. I have leased 2 work-in-progress TB mares and have more experience with the un-made than the made. I have also done some eventing and dressage, and I know how to tie a cinch. I'm not fussy, I'm just looking for a mutually-beneficial (*cough*inexpensive*cough*) arrangement. I'd be happy to groom and hand-walk a rehab, or do whatever. I am thoroughly out of shape. Just miss the smell of their fur and hay-breath. I can provide references, and will take recommendations on who I should be talking to.
      Disclaimer: My mom told me that people might look at my name and think I had an addiction other than horses. I don't; his name was Bravado.

Comment

Semi-riderless WB in Lexington, KY

I am posting this for a friend but can answer any questions!

7 year old WB mare used for H/J and low level eventing is looking for someone to free lease her. She is well trained, calm, and easy to ride. Very honest jumper, uncomplicated on the flat and hacks alone or in company. She must stay at current barn, however there is the potential to show her either H/J or eventing.

PM with questions or for contact info for owner. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Middle-aged achy rider in AL would love a nice quiet preferably gaited horse to ride occasionally. Need bombproof ride. Glad to help clean tack, throw hay (flakes), etc., in exchange.

Really just riding for unofficial therapy these days.
          Rack on!

Comment

Horseless Rider in DC

Hi there! I am a college student living in DC for the summer looking for a summer/fall ride. In high school I was a C2 in Pony Club and competed novice level eventing/dressage. Since college, I have worked with OTTB training them for eventing/dressage. Please contact me if interested and if less than an hour from DC. Thanks!

Comment

Have Riderless Horse & Need Riding Buddy in Ashburn VA

I live near Ashburn, VA and am looking for someone who has time to come out on a regular basis during the week (not looking for a weekend rider please) and hack out with me and/or work in the ring. I have a super quiet and sensible horse for the right person and we have stellar trails. Looking for someone who is a seasoned horse person and responsible. When the hot weather hits we will be hacking out in the early am. There are opportunities to compete, trailer to lessons, schooling, etc., for the right person and if there is interest. Send me a PM if you are interested and are sincere about having the time.
              Last edited by ytr45; May. 3, 2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

OTTBs in Lexington, KY

I have 4 OTTBs near Hamburg and would like to find someone available to help me ride them on a regular basis. They are all very good to ride; no vices, but they are green. They need to work on basics like leads and bending. Therefore, I do need someone experienced with green horses. Adults only please. Farm has a grass riding ring and many fields to hack in. Opportunity to trailer to Masterson on weekends. PM me if interested.

Comment

Saratoga County, NY *Free Lease* Nice horse! (Dressage/Pleasure)

Please e-mail karbocus@gmail.com if interested.

I have a 16+ hand bay SOLID TB gelding who needs a job! Leassee would be responsible for board/shoes. I have had this horse for 10 years- he is 14 years old. Sound, no vices whatsoever. Intermediate ride. This would be a great opportunity for someone!

Comment

Horseless Rider, Ft. Meade area

Hi everyone!
                    I'm in the Ft. Meade area for a few months and I'm looking to catch some rides. I'm pretty versatile h/j rider, with a light seat and hands. I'm comfortable schooling around 3'3 and showing at 3', but I'm happy to just hack.

I'm 5'6 and 110 so I wouldn't be adverse to a large pony.

I'd love to hear from you if you have a horse for part-lease or just need an exercise rider on weekdays. I'm also up for helping out at shows, cleaning tack and whatnot.

Cheers!

Comment

Medium and small ponies, Northern VA

I have 2 ponies that would love riders. I am in Lovettsville and have a nice private farm with a large outdoor & some jumps. The medium can carry a petite adult, the small needs a kid. I have a new baby, a toddler and about a million other things going on and could use an extra hand keeping these guys going. Totally free situation for the right riders. Would also consider letting them go off the farm, but it would have to be a very specific approved situation.

Pony 1: Top of the line 8 y/o medium who has dressage training and is now doing hunter stuff with a pony pro kid. Green o/f, made on the flat, super cute and willing with an auto change.

Pony 2: 11.2 hand adorable paint. Cute mover, jumps but is green and will give pony rides. Just needs some attention and work as she is fat!

E-mail secondfiddlefarm@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks!
                      Second Fiddle Farm

Comment

Malvern, PA---Show Rider

Hi, I am looking to compete horses in local or rated shows. I can ride in the hunters, jumpers, or equitation in the 3 ft+, but will be happy to ride at smaller heights too.I am a junior, please pm me for more information!

thanks!
                        Located near Malvern, PA, but can travel
                        Last edited by JumperOlivia; May. 5, 2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ApplesToApples View Post
                          Hi everyone!
                          I'm in the Ft. Meade area for a few months and I'm looking to catch some rides. I'm pretty versatile h/j rider, with a light seat and hands. I'm comfortable schooling around 3'3 and showing at 3', but I'm happy to just hack.

I'm 5'6 and 110 so I wouldn't be adverse to a large pony.

I'd love to hear from you if you have a horse for part-lease or just need an exercise rider on weekdays. I'm also up for helping out at shows, cleaning tack and whatnot.

Cheers!
                          Apples,

I just sent you a PM. Let me know if you are interested and want more info.

Comment

Where is lovettsville? I have a rider who needs saddle time with other ponies.
                            If you love me let me go....

Comment

Bainbridge Island, Wa

Horseless in Seattle. Adult rider, been out of the saddle for close to 2 years on a regular basis. Recently had a half dozen trail rides, one on a Tennesse Walker, the other on an upper level dressage Han/Conn cross. Used to be a confident 3'6" over fences rider but out of shape. Good seat and hands. Would like to take dressage lessons, but really looking to get back in the saddle on a regular basis and will be happy to accompany rider or do some chores as payment in kind.
                              Last edited by Calamber; May. 7, 2010, 12:43 AM. Reason: spelling error
                              "We, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battle or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit." JFK

Comment

Long Island, New York

Hey! I'm currently a horseless college student this summer in Long Island, NY. I attend school near Lynchburg VA, and am looking for something to ride back home this summer. I have been riding for 10 years; mainly tb's and ponies and I am very confident flatting and jumping up to 2'6. If you need a horse/pony to be ridden, or are looking for a leasee, please contact me! I would be willing to help out around the barn, or with lessons in exchange for riding time as well.

Comment

Belmont, NY looking for an event or dressage rider with good seat and hands who would like a horse they could ride/work with regularly. Great opportunity for the right person/people who would like a nice horse or pony to ride and or compete. I take regular dressage lessons with an FEI rider and do jumping /grid clinics with a local instructor which would be available to you also and their fees are reasonable.

Coco is an awesome Arab x QH who has beautiful gaits and a great mind. He would love someone to hack out on a regular basis. He has gobs of talent and could easy do a combined test this summer with a little effort.

Eclipse is a large Welsh cross pony that has evented BN and has beautiful gaits. Strong natural talent for dressage.

We also have a couple of other Welsh or Welsh cross medium and large ponies needing riders.

Comment

Athens, GA

I need someone to ride my horse in Watkinsville, GA. Half-way between Athens and Madison.

15.1h TB cross currently competing at the prelim level. Do to work comittments I need someone to help me keep him fit. Riding available any morning during the week or any time on Thursday and Friday.

He is not hot or spooky but he is very fit and well schooled so needs a competent educated rider. Could possibly compensate miledge for experinced, reliable and comitted rider. E-mail me k_tracey2000@yahoo.com

Comment

Horseless adult amateur in Chicago's South Burbs

Rode hunters and equitation as a kid, IHSA through college (through Open), and jumpers out of undergrad. After retiring my jumper due to a peristent soft tissue injury several years ago, I left riding to focus on graduate chool and my career. Now that I'm more established and out of the city, I'm hoping to find the right free/low cost lease/shareboard situation to get back into the sport.

I'm a meticulous horsekeeper, and will dote on your horse as if he's my own. Eager to hack in and out of the ring, take lessons, attend clinics, and hopefully get out to some local dressage shows and BN Horse Trials. Please email leadotfortkampatgmaildotcom as I don't post here often. I'm a confident rider with a secure seat and tactful hands, but I'm not looking for a green project. The right match would be something sane enough that we could learn a new discipline together.

Thanks!
                                      Last edited by lmlacross; Jul. 19, 2010, 04:43 PM.
                                      "With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come" (Shakespeare).

Comment

Horseless Rider near Alpharetta, GA

I'm a recently horseless junior who is looking for some extra rides! I've been riding since I was eight, and have been showing in the local hunters and eq up to 3' and jumpers up to 3'6". I have experience riding fresh off the track TBs, working with greenies, and catch riding. I am also comfortable riding western and with all types of horses, and would be happy to ride anything since I had to part with my mare about a month ago due to financial troubles. I'm very friendly and reliable, and would be thrilled to find a horse to ride and have fun with!

I'm easily able to drive to the Alpharetta, Marietta, and Roswell areas. Please PM. I do have references if needed.
                                        Last edited by colorblindpony; Jun. 2, 2010, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Looking for a pony for my Walk/Trot daughter

Hi all - I'm in Loudoun County VA and am ideally hoping to find a pony that my 7.5 yr old daughter can love on and ride (walk trot only at this point). She is in weekly lessons and has been for a year but I'd like her to also experience riding on her own a little bit in a more relaxed setting and she doesn't have that opportunity where she lessons. I will be there to supervise her of course. (I've been riding since 9, upper level hunters and equitation).

This would probably be only 1-2X per week, even just a short period, like for the next month or two would work or longer, whatever works. I understand this may be hard to find, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case someone has a pony out there needing some love and attention.

Ideal area would be anywhere north of Middleburg and the Purcellville, Waterford, Lovettsville, Round Hill, Bluemont areas are ideal. We can do as far west as Berryville and as far east as Leesburg, prefer no farther south than Middleburg proper.

Pony would ideally be a small or medium, very quiet, easy, can be as old as dirt for all we care . She can ride a large if need be for the right pony.

PM me if you have any ponies needing some love from a 7 yr old

Comment

Working...
                                          X