Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You're responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it--details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums' policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it's understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users' profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses -- Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it's related to a horse for sale, regardless of who's selling it, it doesn't belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions -- Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services -- Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products -- While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements -- Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be "bumped" excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues -- Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators' discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you'd rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user's membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Am I totally out of line? Client's planned exit - warning, really long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I totally out of line? Client's planned exit - warning, really long.

Just had a spat with a client's husband this evening, so I'm wondering if I'm out of line.

Background: I'm a small training and lesson facility. I'm not an open boarding facility; I'm just not set up for that. I have a client who has had a horse in training off and on for two years now. At Christmas, she told me that she's decided she needs a different contract. Horse no longer needs additional training, as she isn't planning to show this year, so she wants to have more access to freely come and go to ride horse on her own.

I don't do that. I told her before she initially put the horse in training that I'm not set up to be "open." I have one arena and a whopping two sets of cross-ties in my barn, small tack room, very minimal parking area... If people are coming and going to ride their horses at will, it interferes with training and lessons. Training includes one lesson per week. Additional lessons and/or practice rides can be scheduled ahead of time for an additional charge. Practice fee charge is minimal to cover wear and tear on my facility and equipment, since my training fees are really quite low, and it ensures I know when people will be around.

She and her daughters have taken the horse to boarding facilities before when they want time to just mess with him. No big deal. It's never gone all that well for them, though, so I imagine that's why she'd prefer to keep him at my place - facility is small but nice, care is reliable, and help (not to mention additional horses, equipment, etc.) is readily available. I tell her I'm sorry, I can't do it, but I certainly think they'd be happier with the freedom of a boarding facility if they aren't planning to show this year. Horse has been placing well even at the national championships; he doesn't really need intensive training for pleasure riding.

They agree with me and decide to move to a boarding facility. They give 30 days notice, which runs through this Friday. We discuss at the time whether horse will leave Friday, or on the following Wednesday (the 31st) after the farrier comes so they'll have one less thing to worry about. She isn't sure - at that point, hadn't even found a place. I tell her to let me know as soon as she decides so we can schedule a time for her to take the horse and handle closing the account - there's paperwork to trade, final bill to be paid, need to gather her stuff, etc.

I hear nothing. Ask questions every week when she comes out, get vague answers. I finally get an e-mail two days ago that she's "still planning to take him this Saturday." I was still wondering about Friday vs. Wednesday - Saturday had never come up. I figure, no problem. Tell her via e-mail that I have several lessons that morning and one in the afternoon, but I can set up a time to close things up with her anytime after 2:30 this Saturday. No response.

Tonight the husband brings the girls out for their lesson. Lets me know they'll be picking up the horse up at 11:30 on Saturday morning. I remind him that this won't work - I have lessons, so I won't be able to close out everything and help them get the horse. He tells me they can't do any later than that, they have other plans, and they don't need me anyway.

Thanks for the notice...

I've tried to explain that I have to be available when they leave. They can't get the horse out of the pasture themselves because they can't handle the other horses in the pasture, some of which aren't even mine, so I'd rather they not be loose (they pay for pasture board - I don't even have a stall I can put this horse in, as the barn horses will be in their stalls if the weather is the way they predict). They have difficulty loading the horse, because they're inexperienced with trailering and their trailer is too small for their horse - and frankly, since my lessons are all beginners that day, I'd rather they not be subjected to or distracted by all the ruckus. They don't know where all their supplements/blankets/medications/etc. are, and I'd rather they not dig through my tack room looking - last time they did that, the kids broke something of mine. I have various paperwork of theirs - feed information, vet and farrier schedules, and their Coggins. And there's still a bill to pay before this horse leaves. I can't even handle the property/bill aspect of this ahead of time, because the owner "has been sick" and "has a lot going on between now and Saturday," so she can't get out before then.

So, I told them it was either really, really early in the morning - before lessons and chores - or sometime after 2:30. And now they're mad they can't get "their horse" with "their trailer" when they need to.

Am I really that unreasonable? Do I box up their stuff, leave a bill for them (and hope they leave a check for me), and then hope they don't let all the horses out of the pasture and/or cause major commotion loading their horse while I have beginners in lessons? Or should they expect to make an appointment with the times I have still available since I told them from the start they'd have to set one up?

Honestly, yeah I think you're being a bit unreasonable. They own the horse and have the right to take him whenever they want to, even if it isn't the best time for you. While it would have been nice if they had communicated better, they're under no obligation to work by your schedule.

Comment

They should respect your rules. You have tried to keep in touch with them. They may think that when they want to do something, you should stop your schedule, but that is not fair to you. It is your program, not theirs. Explain to them that you have done all you can to work this out with them and they need to respect your schedule. Maybe get all their stuff together and let them pick it up early and have them pay all their bills. Then maybe they can pick up their horse on their own time.

Comment

My 2 cents

Now, I am just a "backyard horsewoman"
        I am all for boxing up their stuff, and leaving it for them, as far as hoping they leave a check, I don't know if I would trust them to,judging from their actions lately.
        do you have someone you trust to help them get the horse and make sure they get the paperwork, and hopefully get a check?

Comment

I'm normally on the "it's my horse and I'll do as I want" side of things, but that doesn't cover blatant disregard for someone else's time and property. They are the ones who agreed to keep their horse in a situation where they cannot reliably safely get it out of the paddock and where they do not know where (or what) all their stuff is. When they signed on for that, they signed on for having to schedule a time to come remove said horse and stuff.

Not to mention that it is VERY impolite (and potentially a violation of the contract) to remove one's horse before paying one's bill.
          Proud member of the EDRF

Comment

Ditto the prior post to mine, you totally have the right to determine what happens at your facility and at what time. Their attitude is precisiely why they have not had good experiences at other locations. Stick to your schedule and they can work around it. Good luck.

Comment

Yes and No. you could do the bill paying and there stuff before saturday and then bring the horse in and put it in a small pen or tie him so that they can get him on there own.

Sorry but as a BO/trainer you should have a place to put a horse for a few hours if something happens.

I know how you feel as a BO/trainer myself I like to be there when someone comes to pick up there horse and help if need be. But I all so have to say as a trainer you should have been teaching the owners how to deal with there horse that is want trainers do. Not being rude just pointing out a fact.
              My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed

Comment

At least your being honest with them. I can understand your concerns, but the horse isn't yours and they do have the right to take it when ever they want. If they have trouble loading him it's not your trouble.

Maybe set his things out in the open in apparent places, so they know that it is theirs and then tell them not to let the door hit them on the way out.

Do you have reason to think they wouldn't pay you? Maybe have them meet you in between lessons to get the final statement and hand you a check would work. What about holding an item to be handed over for the check?

Good luck!

Comment

Well, it does appear that your rules are not news to them, so they should be respectful of them.

The most obvious problem is the whole getting the horse in part. I would rather firmly make it apparent that you don't want them in the paddock if you really think they can't cope.

I hate to be a downer, but my radar is up on the board bill part. The silliness and crap communication makes me think they'd like to pull a fast one. But I am paranoid.

I would NOT EVER let a horse leave the property oweing me a dollar. Without the check the horse should stay just where he is.

Comment

There's an amazing thing called the US Post Office. Also FedEx. There is NO excuse for them to not have the check delivered to you BEFORE Saturday. It's not unreasonable at all to insist that the account is paid in full before the horse leaves the property. That takes care of the most pressing concern before the day of departure.

Other than that, if they insist on coming in the morning, I would take a few minutes before Saturday to box up all their stuff, including an envelope with all the paperwork, and I would find a stall for the horse for the necessary hour or so on Saturday. That's less inconvenient than having all the horses in that field get loose.

If they can't work with your schedule, and have trouble loading, they can wait for the time when you're available to help them- whenever that may be.

Comment

I am thinking good riddance to bad baggage - yes, it is their horse, but no, it is not their business to run as they wish. They are being a bit churlish about their departure. Oh well, it happens.

Are they way behind on payments? Do you think they will stiff you at all? If so, then how comfortable are you with being aggressive to make certain you are paid before they take either the horse or their equipment? A baby step in this regard is to just tell them to bring cash. I have cash. They can get cash. They are adults, they know how and know roughly what may be owed. Tell them it will be around "X" dollars, so bring at least that much in cash (at least it will get you mostly what you are owed in a form that won't bounce

If they don't owe much or they are good for it, then just to get them out of my hair, I'd rearrange what I had planned for Saturday, and get 'em gone. You have all of this week to pack their stuff up in a box. They show up Saturday, you get the horse for them, hand them their "stuff" (you should already have an itemized list so they can sign off) and they hand you the check. Really, that ought to take, what, 30 minutes? I wouldn't take that long, actually.

As for the "records", do it whenever you have some spare time coming up, and mail it. I took a horse home for the winter - I had that kind of stuff mailed to me.

Comment

Original Poster

I did suggest to them that we handle the majority of the "closing up" details ahead of time - the remaining bill, giving them their paperwork and the majority of their things, etc. - ahead of time. Then I could put the last few necessities in a box for them and move the horse to a private paddock that morning. He's a die-hard cribber, so I'd hate to have him there any longer than necessary, but with a few flakes of hay he'd be fine for a few hours. They could then go through the loading process down the driveway a bit so as not to be up next to the arena.

No such luck. They "just don't have time" to get back to the barn before Saturday.

Also tried to get my working student to handle the affair while I handled the lessons. Unfortunately, Saturday's not a day she usually works for me, and when I called her tonight she already had other plans. Trying to think of someone else who might be able to fill in there.

I'm just not positive if they'd pay the bill if I just left it for them. They've gotten flustered with the loading process before and, in the stress, "forgotten" to leave a check. My other concern is that they "borrow" things to help with the loading process or because they forgot to bring something, and those things end up broken or driving off with them. Once the horse is gone, I'd hate to be trying to track down money or items.

Just an icky situation. Would it have been so hard to let me know while there was time to make adjustments?

Comment

If they've already got a history of "forgetting" to leave the check?

Cashier's check. FedEx. By Thursday.

Period.

Comment

Are you by chance located in Northern California? If so, I'd be happy to lend a hand...

I think you ae 100% in the right. Good luck.
                            Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"

Comment

I don't understand why they can't get you a check before Saturday. I agree, get the check and pack up their stuff (it sucks because it is not your responsibility to pack for them, but since you are particular about your things and apparently theirs is all over the place, that seems like the best bet). I would put the horse in a pen or stall so as to avoid the pasture issue. Regarding pick-up time, rather than admonish them for not coming at a convenient time for you, have you instead tried telling them that if they wait until 2:30, you can help load and help them with their things so they will save time (and aggravation)? I understand that it is your barn, and you have the right to make any rules you want (and they apparently agreed to them) but part of the problem here is that the rules seem to be a little more draconian than most (I have never heard of a barn that charges people to hack their own horses) and they may be overreacting to them at this point. From their POV, they may resent the extent to which you exercise control over their horse. As I said, your barn, your rules, but if you can see their point of view, you are more likely to be able to come up with a solution that suits both sides. For example, is the new barn nearby? Is it possible for you to haul the horse over there? Maybe save them the hassle of moving the horse themselves and offer to haul the horse after your lessons are done? They can drop the check off with you beforehand (Saturday a.m. or whatever) and then have the rest of the afternoon free. In addition, I have no idea what this family's situation is, but assuming that the parents work it is not surprising that Saturday (or Sunday) would be the only day they could move the horse.

None of this excuses their failure to communicate or apparent inability to pay you before Saturday, but if you want their departure on your terms one way to do that is to really take control of the situation.
                              Roseknoll Sporthorses
                              www.roseknoll.net

Comment

I see in your post that you "suggested" that the payment be taken care of before the horse leaves. I think you need to move to "requiring" that all accounts be $0 at that time. That's the way it's worked at every barn I've been in. There is also the horseman's lien if your state has it. It sounds like you want to keep this pleasant if possible, but you still have the right to stand up for your interests.

Good Luck!

Comment

I can see both sides of it.
                                  As someone else has pointed out, why are they unable to handle their own horse. I agree as a trainer you should have been working with them on these issues over the 2 years they have been with you.
                                  As to them disrupting your lesson, what would have happened if over the 2 years they boarded there, they had wanted to get their horse and trailered it to a clinic, to ride with a friend, etc. Would they have had to check with you to make sure they weren't disrupting you. It is their horse, they should be able to take it if they want to, when they want to.........even if just to a clinic or somewhere.
                                  I would call them, yet again, and tell them that their stuff will boxed up, final paperwork ready, etc and they need to have a check in hand and ready in the amount of $XXX.XX, as you are not going to have time to help them load their horse or belongings.

Comment

I absolutely would not allow the horse to leave the property until they have pais what they owe.

I would careless if they had problems loading the horse if they didn't want to work around my schedule, but the horse wouldn't go anywhere if they owed me money.

I am presuming you have signed release from them in case anything happens to them or the horse while they are trying to laod it?

Originally posted by Incredible Job-Saving Alter View Post
                                    I did suggest to them that we handle the majority of the "closing up" details ahead of time - the remaining bill, giving them their paperwork and the majority of their things, etc. - ahead of time. Then I could put the last few necessities in a box for them and move the horse to a private paddock that morning. He's a die-hard cribber, so I'd hate to have him there any longer than necessary, but with a few flakes of hay he'd be fine for a few hours. They could then go through the loading process down the driveway a bit so as not to be up next to the arena.

No such luck. They "just don't have time" to get back to the barn before Saturday.

Also tried to get my working student to handle the affair while I handled the lessons. Unfortunately, Saturday's not a day she usually works for me, and when I called her tonight she already had other plans. Trying to think of someone else who might be able to fill in there.

I'm just not positive if they'd pay the bill if I just left it for them. They've gotten flustered with the loading process before and, in the stress, "forgotten" to leave a check. My other concern is that they "borrow" things to help with the loading process or because they forgot to bring something, and those things end up broken or driving off with them. Once the horse is gone, I'd hate to be trying to track down money or items.

Just an icky situation. Would it have been so hard to let me know while there was time to make adjustments?

Comment

Why can't you get the horse before your lesson and put him in a stall? Lay all their junk in a box in front of the stall. And then forget about it and do your lesson.

Can't they drop the check off a day or two early (if your contract requires this before they leave)? They can do that at their leisure, and then when Saturday comes they can arrive most anytime to get the horse.

I think the issue here is that both parties have conflicting schedules and neither is giving in to the other. Who is wrong? I don't know...both probably feel their time is important. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt: most working people only have the weekends to do stuff like this (since it's still dark by the time most of us get from work to the barn). They may not have the afternoon free, I don't know?

Anyway, I'd just get the check early, stall the horse, and don't worry about what they're doing.
                                      Veterinarians for Equine Welfare

Comment

Whoa..

Originally posted by Incredible Job-Saving Alter View Post
                                        Just had a spat with a client's husband this evening, so I'm wondering if I'm out of line.

Background: I'm a small training and lesson facility. I'm not an open boarding facility; I'm just not set up for that. I have a client who has had a horse in training off and on for two years now. At Christmas, she told me that she's decided she needs a different contract. Horse no longer needs additional training, as she isn't planning to show this year, so she wants to have more access to freely come and go to ride horse on her own.

I don't do that. I told her before she initially put the horse in training that I'm not set up to be "open." I have one arena and a whopping two sets of cross-ties in my barn, small tack room, very minimal parking area... If people are coming and going to ride their horses at will, it interferes with training and lessons. Training includes one lesson per week. Additional lessons and/or practice rides can be scheduled ahead of time for an additional charge. Practice fee charge is minimal to cover wear and tear on my facility and equipment, since my training fees are really quite low, and it ensures I know when people will be around.

She and her daughters have taken the horse to boarding facilities before when they want time to just mess with him. No big deal. It's never gone all that well for them, though, so I imagine that's why she'd prefer to keep him at my place - facility is small but nice, care is reliable, and help (not to mention additional horses, equipment, etc.) is readily available. I tell her I'm sorry, I can't do it, but I certainly think they'd be happier with the freedom of a boarding facility if they aren't planning to show this year. Horse has been placing well even at the national championships; he doesn't really need intensive training for pleasure riding.

They agree with me and decide to move to a boarding facility. They give 30 days notice, which runs through this Friday. We discuss at the time whether horse will leave Friday, or on the following Wednesday (the 31st) after the farrier comes so they'll have one less thing to worry about. She isn't sure - at that point, hadn't even found a place. I tell her to let me know as soon as she decides so we can schedule a time for her to take the horse and handle closing the account - there's paperwork to trade, final bill to be paid, need to gather her stuff, etc.

I hear nothing. Ask questions every week when she comes out, get vague answers. I finally get an e-mail two days ago that she's "still planning to take him this Saturday." I was still wondering about Friday vs. Wednesday - Saturday had never come up. I figure, no problem. Tell her via e-mail that I have several lessons that morning and one in the afternoon, but I can set up a time to close things up with her anytime after 2:30 this Saturday. No response.

Tonight the husband brings the girls out for their lesson. Lets me know they'll be picking up the horse up at 11:30 on Saturday morning. I remind him that this won't work - I have lessons, so I won't be able to close out everything and help them get the horse. He tells me they can't do any later than that, they have other plans, and they don't need me anyway.

Thanks for the notice...

I've tried to explain that I have to be available when they leave. They can't get the horse out of the pasture themselves because they can't handle the other horses in the pasture, some of which aren't even mine, so I'd rather they not be loose (they pay for pasture board - I don't even have a stall I can put this horse in, as the barn horses will be in their stalls if the weather is the way they predict). They have difficulty loading the horse, because they're inexperienced with trailering and their trailer is too small for their horse - and frankly, since my lessons are all beginners that day, I'd rather they not be subjected to or distracted by all the ruckus. They don't know where all their supplements/blankets/medications/etc. are, and I'd rather they not dig through my tack room looking - last time they did that, the kids broke something of mine. I have various paperwork of theirs - feed information, vet and farrier schedules, and their Coggins. And there's still a bill to pay before this horse leaves. I can't even handle the property/bill aspect of this ahead of time, because the owner "has been sick" and "has a lot going on between now and Saturday," so she can't get out before then.

So, I told them it was either really, really early in the morning - before lessons and chores - or sometime after 2:30. And now they're mad they can't get "their horse" with "their trailer" when they need to.

Am I really that unreasonable? Do I box up their stuff, leave a bill for them (and hope they leave a check for me), and then hope they don't let all the horses out of the pasture and/or cause major commotion loading their horse while I have beginners in lessons? Or should they expect to make an appointment with the times I have still available since I told them from the start they'd have to set one up?
                                        Your kidding right?? reexamine how you treat clients, and lay off the rigid approach! You sound like a big time control freak!!

MayS has the right idea. I dont think it has to be a production. Call them tell them to please have their check ready and the horse will be in a stall. I dont see the problem.!

Comment

Working...
                                        X