Stallion Spotlight

C-Quito1

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_1001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

THIS IT BE RIGHT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IT BE RIGHT

Really and truly. And even without knowing, you know all your fellow horsewomen agree with me. Blessings to you for your gracious gift.

I agree. This It Be Right.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Comment

What be right?
      2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Comment

I be confused...are we missing a link or something?

BN

Comment

certainly can't disagree with that.
          http://www.eponashoe.com/
          TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

Comment

• Original Poster

Reassurance for those who are faced with a choice.

Comment

so timely...

friend just made a decision to put her beautiful mare down this fall.
              mare has not been well for a while and the most recent battery of treatments didn't help. she just looks uncomfortable almost all the time (although still grazing madly ).

friend is still unable to talk about the decision she has made. i fully support her but i feel so powerless. words just aren't enough. i do hope we get to take our mares for one more walk this fall when the weather cools off and that will be our farewell...
              http://www.eponashoe.com/
              TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

Comment

Originally posted by Coreene View Post
                Reassurance for those who are faced with a choice.
                Certainly is. My parents are divorcing, and that means I have to give up leasing Paris. It's upsetting, but I know it's the right thing to do.
                Horsey Stick Art clique
                Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
                PPP Grand-Poobah

Comment

If you're looking for "right" - read KellyS's thread about the wrong she "righted"...

Comment

• Original Poster

Kelly is a poster child for it, she did such a kind and selfless thing. As did Risk-Averse Rider, who this thread was originally for. "Better a week to soon than a minute too late" is such a hard thought to live by, but is another "This it be right" thing to do. Wise words from Willem. Who was always, always right.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Pony Person View Post
                      Certainly is. My parents are divorcing, and that means I have to give up leasing Paris. It's upsetting, but I know it's the right thing to do.
                      So sorry you are going through this, but how fabulous for your parents to have such an understanding daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Coreene View Post
                        Kelly is a poster child for it, she did such a kind and selfless thing. As did Risk-Averse Rider, who this thread was originally for. "Better a week to soon than a minute too late" is such a hard thought to live by, but is another "This it be right" thing to do. Wise words from Willem. Who was always, always right.
                        Coreene those are the only words that give me comfort and make me feel humble in the presence of the unsung heroes that give animals the dignity of passing peacefully. Willem is always right.

Comment

For you all who have been there or will be....

Better a week too soon than a moment too late, they say.
                          Better while the eyes still sparkle than wait til they dull.
                          Better while the good days outnumber the bad.
                          Better when it's hard for us than hard for them.

It will never be easy for us.

As stewards of these great creatures,
                          We have the opportunity to give one final gift.
                          Peace.
                          We grant them peace in lieu of our own.

But granting peace, the end, when we wish for more time?
                          Eventually becomes a gift to ourselves.
                          Knowing that we gave a final gift to one we cherished.
                          Knowing it will leave an empty spot in our hearts.

Doing it anyway. Because we DO love. And "this it be right"?

That is what makes us human.

For the love of my horse, I know who I am.
                          And I know love.

This it be right.
                          A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Comment

• Original Poster

Wanderluster and BuddyRoo, big hugs to both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyRoo View Post

Peace.

And I know love.

This it be right.

This is beautiful.
                              Approved helmet: Every time; every ride.
                              "When a sport gets to be predictable it ceases to be fun." - RAR's wise brother

Comment

Rudys been gone 11 months and 28 days. It feels just like yesterday.

I don't think I was prepared for how long the hurt or anger sticks around. Or how, even to this day I would question the decision I made for him.
                                Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
                                Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
                                Green Alligator "Captain"

Comment

Oh, you sweet, compassionate bastards...I'm sitting at my desk weeping.

Thank god for the old contact lens dodge...

Comment

this it be right. thanks for this thread. im in the process of going through a very tough and mentally challenging time. We have a vet appointment at 4pm. a vet appointment for my 40+ year old pony mare. the pony that i learned to ride on some 15-16 years ago. We bought her for $1.00 from the originally owner who saved her from an untimely fate. Thsi mare taught countless numbers of children to ride at the farm i grew up at. She was the perfect all around pony. she was cautious with young kids, but challenging for those who needed it. She was there for my first trot steps, my first jumps, my first show...and now 15-16 years later here we are.

She is a fantastic little pony mare who looks absolutely fabulous for her age. She only has 1 top molar left and just these last few weeks has started to have some issues eating and her weight is beginning to deminish as she can't eat. I think there may be a loose/infected tooth somewheres as she has had no issue whatsoever eating dinge hay, beet pulp, soaked senior pellets and alfalfa pellets up until this week but we will have to wait and see what the vet says at 4pm today.

Preparing myself for the hardest decision i have ever had to make in my life and preparing myself for the possible separation with a a lifelong friend, and a pony who started it all for me but im not giving up on her yet. we shall wait to see what the vet says. thanks for this thread. i needed it

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyRoo View Post

Peace.

And I know love.

This it be right.
                                      Perfect.
                                      <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Comment

Originally posted by relocatedTXjumpr View Post
                                        Rudys been gone 11 months and 28 days. It feels just like yesterday.

I don't think I was prepared for how long the hurt or anger sticks around. Or how, even to this day I would question the decision I made for him.
                                        Conny's been gone since July 21, 2007, and some days it still feels like I just lost him.

The one thing I have, that some of you don't seem to, is that I never once questioned the decision to let him go. To this day, I am convinced that I did the right thing. That gives me great comfort.

Buddyroo, that was beautiful. Thank you.

My little bay demon in horse form was too precious to me to let him suffer needlessly. He wasn't going to get better and I knew it. It was still the hardest decision I've ever had to make, no matter how right I knew it was.

The lines of this poem always get to me:

'And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
                                        I'll gallop across to greet you, and we'll stand there side by side.'

'I have so many things to show you, there's so much for you to see.
                                        Be patient, live your journey out......then come home to be with me.'

Wait for me, my treasure. I'll be home as soon as I can.
                                        Homeopathy claims water can cure you since it once held medicine. That's like saying you can get sustenance from an empty plate because it once held food.

Comment

Working...
                                        X