• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Madonna takes on horses again....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me kinda mad that she claims to take the whole horse thing seriously...I actually think those pics are pretty trashy!!

Comment

Eh, she's reenacting a rearing horse. What an idiot. I can just hear the photographer, "Paw the air Madonna, that's right you're a wild mustang."
      It's really hard to imagine that anyone would look at these photos and not erupt in laughter or sheer disgust.

Two Simple- For me it's not the sexual references of the photos that bother me. They aren't thought out, bad quality and she looks ridiculous. I don't see anything artistic or magical about it, IMO.

Comment

Um, how about the fact that all of the pictures are weird...but number 23, hmmm? If only that horse was trained to Kick pieces of manure stuck in his taill..........he would have kicked her weird british wannabee a$$ to the moon.

I am sorry, but it makes me wonder how an educated person like myself, with a real job, has to scrape sometimes to get by, and this freak of nature (yeah she has talent, but so do lots of other people) who can take photos leaning towards the S&M or beastiality side of things, can make mad loot! I just dont get it.
        "Lose your temper, lose your horse" -someone wise enough to know better than to pick a fight with a 1200 lb animal that could launch you to the moon.

Comment

Gee, Madonna wearing bizarre clothing and being in control of every situation/photo. What is new with that?

Hmmm...a middle aged woman can't be sexy. Boy are y'all brain washed. I am the same age as Madge and don't look half as good as her, yet, my hubby thinks that I am sexy, especially when I ride! What are you younguns going to do when you become MIDDLE AGED?

No, I don't like her music. But I have total respect for Madonna. She has brought womens' rights and music so far since the early 1980s when we were getting no respect. But I am middle aged and can remember from where we came. She is comfortable with her sexuality. Seems like many of you are not.

HR? She is showcasing beautiful animals that we adore...in a non-abusive way. However, I am very fascinated by the way most of the horses chose to ignore her. Very interesting.

Where's the carrot stick?
          )()(

Comment

The cover says, "Madonna rides again" yet in NONE of the pictures is she found riding!! HMMM

And who's idea was the saddle on HER back?!? That silly hat?? And does that crop have chocolate on it?? She can't seem to keep it out of her mouth.

I find those pictures utterly silly to say the least. Tasteless would probably be a better word. I'm shocked that for the perfectionist she claims to be, she allowed herself to be photographed like that.

Comment

Sweetfern....
              Wow! Who ever said anything about a MIDDLE aged woman not being able to express herself and be sexy? Nobody. Andy Mcdowell is middle aged and sexy. She takes pictures with horses....which I am sure men find very sexy...but you define sexy how you want. If wearing bondage couture clothing laying on a horse, smoking a cigarette makes you feel sexy, by all means, do it. I personally could care less. I just dont see any artistic value in what Madonna is doing. Yeah, the photos are beautiful......sure Madonna is great. Does me disliking her photos mean I am not comfortable with my sexuality, Nope. I find the photos kind of perverse. That is all. They are weird to me whereas to someone else they might be cool, and I respect that. It was vaguely my opinion. Never was it an attack on an aging woman who obviously thinks it is artistic, sexy, whatever to lay atop a horse or pretend like she is a barn whore in freaky clothes. Whatever.
              "Lose your temper, lose your horse" -someone wise enough to know better than to pick a fight with a 1200 lb animal that could launch you to the moon.

Comment

Briggsie,
                I was just expressing my opinion, not commenting on your particular post.
                Whatever.
                )()(

Comment

I imagine Madonna always singing that song:

"I know what boys want. I know what guys like!"

Didn't Betty Paige do this photo shoot in the 50's? Is everything old new again?

Comment

and I was speaking on the behalf of others. I would not say WE are brainwashed because the general consensus is that this particular work by Madonna is odd.

Comment

Oh. Come. On.

I've never been a Madonna fan, nor do I find her particularly attractive. However, after the hype passes by, I've always enjoyed what she has done in retrospect. She pushes the envelope. She is a decent singer. She has a great body that she has continued to care for. I respect her.

Her pictures show an attempt to define her relationship with her horses, and her empathy of horses. I remember when my trainer had her clients put bits in their mouths to imagine how it felt from the horse's perspective (thank god I missed that lesson). What does a saddle feel like? To wear a bit and bridle? To lie in the shavings?

I'm a guy, and I don't find the photos at all erotic. There is an obvious sexuality, but that's just the sizzle. It's more about Madonna putting her self in horse shoes.

Comment

insulting

Originally posted by sweetfern
                        Briggsie,
                        I was just expressing my opinion, not commenting on your particular post.
                        Whatever.
                        Actually by saying that some of us are not comfortable with our sexuality was intended as an insult and just because we don't like the photos, Madonna, or something about the photos.

Why did you need to take your comments there? Do you want people to question or challenge your comfort zone, or your sexuality because you comment positively on her photos? Frankly I didn't appreciate that you made that comment. I think that people commented on a public photograph does not qualify you to make judgements on their sexuality comfort zone.

I think you owe anyone you were referring to an apology.

Comment

Really, I see nothing offensive about these pics, but I don't find them erotic or intriguing or beautiful either. They're just plain silly. She looks like a dominatrix who has shown up at the wrong address. It's just another attempt to market herself. Thinking about it, that's the only thing she's ever been good at anyways...(very good, though).

Originally posted by NumberTenOx
                          Her pictures show an attempt to define her relationship with her horses, and her empathy of horses.
                          Haha! Particularly the one where she lies on top of the horse smoking a cigarette. It speaks of great empathy and respect for the horse. Not to mention that it's always a good idea to smoke in the barn

Comment

I wonder where they found a headstall that small??
                            MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
                            http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Comment

Originally posted by spotted mustang
                              Not to mention that it's always a good idea to smoke in the barn
                              Ya got me there!

Comment

Advertising.... Most of it's pretty silly.

Loved the first few of the horses in the water.
                                Wish my back looked like hers!! (#7)
                                Interesting that they switched from an O'Halleran's whip to an "eros boutique" one (Personally I find O'Halloran's catalog more offensive than this! I mean, grown women dressing the same as their horse? It's like America Girl.)

My first thought was what next year's "sexy" (ahem, cough cough) event rider's calendar might look like.

Comment

Bunch of horse dookie

Above describes the pictures. The person who thought those were cool pics needs to be shot.
                                  Draumr Hesta Farm
                                  "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"
                                  Member of the COTH Ignorant Disrepectful F-bombs!*- 2Dogs Farm

Comment

The phrase long in the tooth comes to mind and I don't mean the horses...

Comment

Well commerce works!

WELL ........she got you all talking and looking

Edited to add I work my tail off with weights and cardio, wish I had that back too, though I can't give up pizza!
                                      NO HORSES TO SLAUGHTER CLIQUE
                                      http://www.cafepress.com/maneshirts

Comment

Oh, my. *Covers Sunny's eyes, and whispers "You don't need to see this..."* Imagine what kind of trauma the horses had to go through.... Half-naked Madonna prancing up and down the aisles wearing jingly bridles and saddles. I think the horses are more sane than she is.

Comment

Now that is funny! She is so strange
                                          God Bless

Comment

Working...
                                          X