• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

We need a happy thread, give me good news!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My horse is finally growing up! (At age 13 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ) We made our 3 foot debut in the Children's Hunters on Sunday, and he was awesome! And we only had two refusals schooling, and none showing - we are making progress! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have a horse, I get to ride, I'm out of school for the summer... I'd say those are pretty happy thoughts! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My mom flew in today to see me, and she took some super-cute pics of me riding tonight. ANNNND I wore my breeches and boots and didn't fall off! YAY! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Because she's got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal."

Comment

Today it was lightly raining. I took my most faithful OTTb out for a gallop in the fields and it was so relaxing and nice. When we got back to the yard, I gave him a pat and thanked him for the great ride. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm... Here is my good thought... Thank God it's the weekend. Here is what I'll be doing for the next two days...

(The REAL Kinsella (the princess!) is at the left end of the sofa, Milli (the pea) is on top)

I hate it when hockey season is over!! Oh well, at least there is baseball. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

And my other good news for the week....

I hate it when hockey season is over!! Oh well, at least there is baseball. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
            Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I have a dr. appt. on Monday and I think they might be able to cure my mystery disease!
              And I get to fill out entry forms for horse shows! I looovveee doing entries!

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Comment

My horse has fully recovered from colic! We can go back to our previous schedule now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to see my bb and personal friend Wtywmn again, at a horse show near where I live, tomorrow morning...

It will be fun both to watch some hunter/jumper/eq classes and to visit with her!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                  In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
                  ~~~~~
                  \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
                  *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Comment

I also have taken delivery of a brand new Sundowner trailler. I am soo happy, it is sooooo beautiful. It is also sooo big. I didn't realize how big it was until I got it away from all the other traillers. Oops, hope I can drive it!

Member and co-founder Thread Killers Anonymous. Self proclaimed fashion police.
                    Poindexter, may he rest in peace.

Comment

I've been having some awesome lessons recently. I'm getting very comfortable (again) jumping above 3', since it has been a very long time since I've jumped this high consistently.

I did have an unauthorised dismount the other week, (upon landing from the LOWEST jump on the course) but I landed on my feet, literally. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~<>~ Daedalus built the Labyrinthe, so winding and complicated a structure that no man or beast, once shut inside, could ever find the exit~<>~

Comment

My daughter's grey pony was diagnosed with melanomas under her tail (Lots of them). When I checked on them the other day, nearly all of them were gone. From a near-surgical situation to hardly anything, it makes a VERY good pony week!

Comment

Has arrived. He is sweet, affectionate, and beautiful. He is rather calm and very sensible. He is not danger to himself or other horses. He took crossties in a stride, even though he's never been crosstied before. He is ok with living in a stall, even though he has always been out in the pasture. The only thing i DON'T know about him, is how does he behave under saddle, BUT

I get to ride him today for the first time after his big trip. I have three different saddles on trial, i have bought a black sheepskin saddle pad to match his black self, a new bridle, two new KK bits ... It's going to be weeks of experimentation - YAAAYYY!

I hope he is good to me and does not buck my sorry butt off. I hope he does not rear, or crowhop or bolt. I hope he does not attack other horses in the arena. He shouldn't - i rode him before i bought him and he was a doll in his old place. I know the seller, so i think he will be good. If he is good, i get keep him and to give him lots of little kisses (per Willem's advice).

-snork

Comment

Well, I went out to the barn to watch my trainer ride three of my horses yesterday.

Obi my Dutch mare, is beginning to train third level. Flying changes are super. She is just the coolest mare! She gives 150% all the time and has a super personality. All mares should be like her.

Nikki, my 4 year old mare, who looks like a Breyer model, is WTC, some good lateral work, and jumping combinations. Just lovely to watch!

Natalie is my 4 year old 17.2 hand peabrain mare. She is like a gangly teenager. Her lower lip hangs down and she is a little mentally slow on the uptake, but is magnificent to watch in her movement. She will get it all together in a few more years...lol

The sun was shining and there was a cool breeze. My trainer and I went out to lunch and enjoyed some great conversation and laughs. What a lovely day!
                            Oakleigh Sporthorses Sale Horses

Comment

Tommorow so he can tack on a shoe that Dream pulled a week ago. I will be able to ride! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**~~Andrea,and In Your Dreams~~**
                              Follow Your Dreams...
                              Except the one where your in school in your underwear.

"Horse Sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C Feilds

"Why does it take a lifetime to learn to live a lifetime?"

Opinions are like buttholes, we all have one and they all stink.

Proud Member Of The Abercrombie and Fitch Clique, aka the IGETCRABBY and B*tch Clique.

Also A Follower Of:
                              The Baby Greenie Support Group!
                              Drea

Comment

I might be getting a horse! I've been looking for a really long time and I'm really excited [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*Alexa*

Comment

I rode for the first time in weeks on Thursday. Gramento's booboo is looking great. He was sound and fresh, albeit a bit strong. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                                  \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Comment

The Barbie Cow trotted in and cantered out of lines today in her lesson! And got flying lead changes to boot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and think to myself, "Yeah, right. That just ain't gonna happen."

Comment

In our dressage lesson last week, I asked Red for a flying lead change for the first time - and he did it perfectly the first time asked. We changed direction and I asked him for a lead change again - and again he did it perfectly the first time asked in the new direction! Smart boy!

Comment

She's just 3 and barely broke, but extremely jealous of her "little" brother because he gets posted about far more than she. Here was my ride...

She made sure that I HAD to post about her today. I think it's the eighth time I've been on her back (with a saddle). We did our normal re-introduction to the aids at the walk, then trot, and circles.....

Then we decided THAT was getting "old", and trotted over a pile of poles and cantered nicely away. Hmmm, that was too easy, lets continue the canter thing. All is going WAY too well, lets cut across the diagonal...

Dead center, PERFECT flying change!!! Canter once around that way (mind you, we'd never cantered before, and I didn't ask for the change--well I balanced her...), break down to the trot, jump an X (straight and forward even). OK, we're done for today.

She's so much like April it's scarey. She's even better, because she has the natural lead change to boot!!!

What's next???

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

Comment

After our first show where we were not only excused from the o/f for stops by also from the hack for dangerous behavior, Sara Pony and I redeemed ourselves today. She didn't throw a single temper tantrum,we only had 2 stops in our warm up class (apparently brush is much scarier than 50 revving Harley's) and she stepped out nicely. Not only that but we actually got a 2nd & 4th over fences and a 3rd in the hack. What a good pony.

Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute

Comment

Working...
                                          X