Stallion Spotlight

0201171029b-1

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_1001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

StripHair horse grooming system??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StripHair horse grooming system??

Has anyone heard of this? Better yet, has anyone used this?

http://store.striphair.com/index.aspx

There's a video, too.
    http://www.striphair.com/how-to-video/
    The video seems to mostly be horses that have a heavy coat, late in the shedding season. But I'm equally interested in the way it seems to pull dirt up and out, because that would take serious effort and time with a curry, something my horse doesn't really tolerate.

Thoughts? Experiences?

It looks a lot like a variation of the $4 slick and easy block and a cactus cloth to me.

I wouldn't shell out $50 without knowing for certain what the scraper blocks are made of and how long they would last. It could be a great deal if they are some sort of textured permanent tool that works like a grooming stone but will last for years--or a massive ripoff if it really is just two sizes of grooming stone and a cactus cloth.
    She Gets Lost

Comment

Two sizes of shedding blocks, some bullcrap magick mist and a cactus cloth for $50?

I'll pass.

ETA: there was nothing in the video I couldn't go out back and duplicate right now with a $2 shedding block. You can see how tense the wrist is when they're using it - they're pressing HARD, and using horses that are fully into shedding season and probably weren't brushed for a week to make the video more dramatic.

Comment

The comments say it's made for a special type of (recycled) rubber.
        Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Comment

I'd love to see a close-up of the product.

On the Facebook page for the product there are a few more videos. One shows it being used on a clean horse with a short coat, and it really does seem to kick up a good amount of dirt. (Link is to FB video, not sure if link will work)

There's another one of it being used to work in shampoo. (Another FB video, not sure if link will work)

Neat that it apparently also works on saddle pads with hair embedded.

I'm intrigued.. but $50?

Comment

A few friends of mine have gotten this. The "blocks" are indeed rubber... like pieces of a rubber stall or trailer floor mat, with one smooth side and one textured side. The "cactus cloth" is also rubber... like a piece of rubber cabinet/drawer liner.

My friends love the blocks and say they pull a lot of hair off even the horses they've been grooming regularly. Can't comment on how well it cleans up a non-shedding horse.

Personally, I will probably stick to my good ole' rubber curry. I'll try it out if the chance comes up (ie - I take my horse over to ride with someone who has one), but doubt I'll be shelling out money for it.

Comment

• Original Poster

I really wish you could just get one block. I doubt I would use the whole set (especially that spray, what even is it?!) but I'd love to try the smaller block without shelling out $50... plus shipping.

Comment

I actually do own this. It is absolutely amazing. Although aesthetically it may resemble a grooming block and cactus cloth, it is nothing like one. It gets more dirt and dust out of my mare's coat than I even thought was in there! The whole kit is amazing! I'll never go back to conventional grooming after using this product. I highly recommend this to anyone who has an animal that sheds or gets dirty. I have two dogs that come to the barn with me everyday and I use it on them too. I have yet to use them during shedding season, but I have high hopes. I was also very impressed how shiny my horse's and dogs' coats were after just one use!

Comment

Eh. For that kind of money, you're probably paying for the Pepperoni's endorsement.

I'll pass.

Kim
                  I loff my Quarter horse clique

I kill threads dead!

Comment

It is awesome!

It took me about a month to decide to spend 50 dollars on a product that didn't have many reviews. However, I was desperate to find something that worked. actually worked. I ordered it, two days later i received it in the mail. I love this product! It works. I was so impressed! I say if youre going to splurge... this is something worth trying! it brought all kinds of stuff to the surface, and made my mares coat shine!

Comment

Funny that two brand spanking new poster are promoting the product....

Comment

I was interested in trying this until I found out I'd have to shell out $50 to get a bunch of stuff I didn't want or need along with the product I did want. Instead I bought a Sleek EZ. You can buy those individually in three different sizes.

Ironically I did spend $50 because I bought one of each size (large for the horses, medium for the minis, and small for my tiny dogs). Product review for the Sleek EZ.....essentially it is a high priced shedding blade. But, it is definitely more comfortable to use with the wooden hand hold.

Last night I did a test on two of my minis (aka small yaks) - shedding blade first, Sleek EZ second. On mini one the shedding blade got a nice little pile of hair and the SleekEZ got just a little bit more. Was thinking I just wasted my money. However, on mini two I got a small pile with the shedding blade and an OMG pile with the Sleek EZ. And mini two didn't even look like she was shedding much. I'm not sure I'd want to use it when they were fully shed out though because of the metal teeth. That's when I'd prefer something like StripHair product (if they ever sell it by itself and not part of a package).

For now I will just get my cactus cloth out. If the hairy beasts ever finish shedding!
                        Crayola Posse - Pine Green
                        Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)
                        Autumn Caper (April 27, 1989 - May 24, 2015)
                        Murphy (April 28, 1994 - May 5, 2017)

Comment

Well, I'll not only NOT buy this expensive product but I'll be sure EVERY SINGLE ONE of my friends that are interested knows that this company is DISHONEST and came onto this BB pretending to be satisfied customers not once but twice because they apparently can't find enough actual customers to endorse their product.

I'll also put this on my blog just in case people read it and need recommendations of reputable companies, since a company that pretends to be satisfied customers is certainly shady.
                          http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was given one and it is indeed a rubbery block. It does a good job getting the hair off but not amazingly better than other options. It does work really well to get excess hair off the underside of pads, blankets and such without hurting the fabric. I do wish they would sell them separately and as they are packaged I'm not sure I would opt to buy one.

BUT I will say for my thin skinned, sensitive mare its awesome! She hates curry combs, shedders or even anything more that a very soft brush. This block gives me an great option to get her shed out without drama.

Comment

I bought a set at horse expo, because I shop too much and I was on a roll spending $$$$ that day. I was very disappointed. I get more hair off with a 1.99 soft rubber curry and it takes about the same amount of effort.

Comment

It looks like a gimmick to me. Way too much money. I did fall victim to the Sleek EZ, but I got the dog size because it was less expensive. Ok...it works, but the thing is a hacksaw blade glued inside a wooden handle. My husband cracked up when he saw it (he's a woodworker). It's sharp, and you have to be careful with it if your horse is anything other than a hairy yak.

Next time it's going to be a Slick and Easy block.

Comment

I have a horse size Furminator and I love it. The shedding blade and the Furminator!! It is not cheap either but it works!

Comment

OK, forget all the other tools and get this one: Hands On Glove. This is the best thing in the world. My horses LOVE it!

I seriously think this could cure a hard to catch horse. When he understands you're wearing these gloves, he'll be in your face instead of running from you.

These are amazing. I've just ordered an inside pair for my cat!
                                    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Comment

I was looking into getting the strip hair but don't want to dish out $50....does anyone know where I can just get the large one

Comment

I have it, and I like it quite a bit. My Percheron gelding turns into a hairy yak over the winter. This really does get out a lot of hair and dirt. When I first got it, I was skeptical, so I only did one side first, then went over that side with a regular flexible shedding blade - very little came out with the shedding blade. I use the shedding blade first on the other side, then the Strip Hair, and did get a good-sized pile out even though I had used the shedding blade first.

I haven't used the spray or the magic cloth yet - my horse is rarely spotless enough for that . YMMV, but I am not affiliated with StripHair in any way -search my username; I've been posting for years.

It did a really nice job of cleaning the underside of my western saddle pad recently, without catching the fibers like the metal shedding blade.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	9139298
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	9139299
                                        "Let's face it -- Beezie Madden is NOT looking over her shoulder for me anytime
                                        soon . . . or ever, even in her worst nightmares."

Member, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                        X