• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Any horsey or equestrain games for a Wii??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any horsey or equestrain games for a Wii??

Oh c'mon. . I've got to make the big Christmas gift fun for me too!!
    Willow Run Connemaras
    Home of: "Willow Boy" (*Chiltern Colm ex *Sillbridge Miranda by Thunderbolt)
    ~Irish Connemara Ponies for Sport and Pleasure~
    www.willowrunconnemaras.com

Yes, there is an annoying, frustrating one called My Horse and Me.
    Looking for horse activity in the Twin Tiers? Follow my blog at http://thetwintiershorse.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Original Poster

annoying?? Well, I certainly don't want that!! Anything fun. . like STADIUM SHOW JUMPING???
      Willow Run Connemaras
      Home of: "Willow Boy" (*Chiltern Colm ex *Sillbridge Miranda by Thunderbolt)
      ~Irish Connemara Ponies for Sport and Pleasure~
      www.willowrunconnemaras.com

Comment

Horse Club

Just saw one called Horse Club (I think that's what it was). My niece said it was new.

Comment

I have heard there is a horse racing one, but it's currently only available in Europe and Australia.
          It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Comment

Originally posted by GilbertsCreeksideAcres View Post
            Yes, there is an annoying, frustrating one called My Horse and Me.
            My mom has that one, haven't tried playing it yet though. Have played Horsez 2 though...talk about lame...

Comment

Petz Horses2 is the only one i know of
              Crayola Posse: RedViolet

"Horses - If God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself"

Comment

It's not really HR, but the yoga and balance stuff is really good for your riding. Or at least the reverse is true--I'm the only rider in my family and although I am definitely *not* in the best physical shape of anyone in the family, I kick their butts at the yoga and balance stuff.
                Head Geek at The Saddle Geek Blog http://www.thesaddlegeek.com/

Comment

My niece got some Barbie Horse Adventure game. Probably not what you're looking for...

Comment

We bought a Wii for Christmas and got some games to keep the grandchildren entertained and including one called "Imagine - Champion Rider"

Basically its a nauseating American slapper who gets to compete in an endurance race, make friends with wild mustangs, carry out herbal treatments for ill horses and become something akin to the horse whisperer but with boobs like Barbie!

My 5 year old grand daughter pronounced it "total rubbish" after about 20 minutes.

So I took a good look and had a play with it and I've got to say I absolutely agree with her! I just got really frustrated at being unable to steer the damn thing!!! (how the heck do I drive teams of horses! I couldn't even manage to make the woman walk towards this thing and then when I did get her on board I couldn't steer the stupid horse and it kept rearing!)

It starts with an hilarious warning that you really shouldn't consider yourself able to look after a horse, carry out veterinary treatment or ride in the light of being able to play the game!

I guess you can add that on to your list of "don't waste your money"
                    Last edited by Thomas_1; Dec. 30, 2008, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Out now:
                      Gallop and Ride
                      http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=72717
                      (graphics don't look as puke-worthy as other horse games I've seen)

Petz: Horsez Club
                      http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=72193
                      (and I wonderz whyz girl gamers aren't taken seriously)

Pet: Horsez 2
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/strategy/horsez2/index.html
                      (PASS.)

My Horse & Me
                      http://www.amazon.com/My-Horse-Me-Ni...ef=pd_sim_vg_1
                      (Baaaad 3-D horses. Bad.)

Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp
                      http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=71857
                      (looks very....pink)

Not horses but might be interesting:
                      Pro Bull Riders: Out of the Chute
                      http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=72599

Not out yet/not out yet in US:

My Horse & Me 2
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/m...me2/index.html
                      (Icky bad 3-D horses. Can't seem to find the wii version on any US retailer sites. Not a big loss.)

Winning Post 7 Maximum 2008
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/w...008/index.html
                      (Horse racing, should be a good one. Only in Japan so far)

G1 Jockey Wii 2008
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/g...008/index.html
                      (Racing, Japan only so far)

Family Jockey
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/f...key/index.html
                      (Horse Racing, looks, eh. Japan only)

G1 Jockey Wii
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/g1jockey4/index.html
                      (racing, came out in Japan last year. Graphics look sucky next to the 2008 version.)

Imagine Champion Rider
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/i...der/index.html
                      (looks like an EU release so far. )

Ellen Whitaker's Horse Life
                      http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/e...ife/index.html
                      (looks like EU only so far, not a big loss, graphics on the trailer were pretty sucky.)

Comment

I like the cow riding one that comes with the Wii Sport You ride a cow and race to knock over scarecrows It's fun!!! Hee heee. I think it's just the tutorial more than anything, but so far that's all I've had time to play

Waiting for the yoga and pilates to come in so I can start that

Comment

the best one i have seen is pippa funnel show jumping game

Comment

I got a Wii for Christmas. I was all excited to get My Horse & Me. (and yes, I am an adult!) Then I wanted to stick pencils in my eyes. Family is all happy I have a horse game and I can't steer the stupid thing for beans and am ready to throw Wii remote through TV. Yup, stick with the Cow racing game on Wii Play!!

Comment

Another thumbs down for My Horse and Me! Got it for my daughter's birthday in May and neither one of us has ever been able to steer the stupid horse past the first level. It's horrible and frustrating! (or we are both idiots )

Comment

Steering in My Horse & Me is a little tricky. Make sure you are tipping the controller/nunchuk back instead of just pulling it back like you might a real horse.

I think that game is pretty cool. But it drives me ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, WHOLLY INSANE that the horse is ALWAYS on the wrong lead!! GAHHH! And if you canter across the diagonal he will swap BACK to the wrong lead again!!! All the research & development they put into that game and they couldn't get that right...
                                Originally posted by barka.lounger
                                u get big old crop and bust that nags ass the next time it even slow down.

we see u in gp ring in no time.

Comment

The only quality horse games I've ever seen for any system are the racing games, and I would be _very_ surprised if G1 Jockey ever makes another appearance in the US. Gallop Racer has historically done a bit better & has gone through several iterations on the PS1 & PS2 that have seen US releases in addition to Japanese & Euro releases.

They don't put lots of 'research & development' into titles like 'My Horse and Me' or 'Barbie's Pony Adventures' (I mean, really) - they're small potatoes compared to games that actually make a big impact on the bottom line. Atari is a bit of a disaster anyways, and certainly not a company with any sort of history with equine titles. Tecmo and Koei are the companies that have a demonstrated ability to put out quality horsey series (of a racing variety), but the Koei games haven't garnered the attention to justify translations & ports to the US. G1 Jockey 3 was it, but I don't think it did fantastically. It's a niche title & costs a pretty penny for a last gen title if you want to track down a new/unused copy now.

Comment

Working...
                                  X