Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

koi pond
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Muck Boots v. Bogs boots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muck Boots v. Bogs boots

Preferences? For indoor work in wet conditions, will be exposed to manure on a daily basis and worn on a concrete surface 9-10 hours a day. The Muckmasters last about 6 months. I had a pair of Bogs several years ago and liked them. I'm seeing a lot of issues with sizing though.

Kind of looking at the Chore mid or Hoser mid boot, friend wants another pair of Muckmasters but the Bogs are quite a bit cheaper. Not found locally in retail stores or I'd just go try some on!

any opinions welcome!
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

Originally posted by sprite View Post
    Preferences? For indoor work in wet conditions, will be exposed to manure on a daily basis and worn on a concrete surface 9-10 hours a day. The Muckmasters last about 6 months. I had a pair of Bogs several years ago and liked them. I'm seeing a lot of issues with sizing though.

Kind of looking at the Chore mid or Hoser mid boot, friend wants another pair of Muckmasters but the Bogs are quite a bit cheaper. Not found locally in retail stores or I'd just go try some on!

any opinions welcome!
    Don't know about Bogs.

Muck boots are the Gold Standard as far as I'm concerned. I've got a pair almost 10 years old and they are still serviceable.

Sometimes you get what you pay for!!!

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Comment

I had a pair of muck boots forever but a dog had ripped a hole in the leg many years ago. They were still serviceable and I loved them. My husband was trying to be nice and get me new boots for Christmas. He got the Southern States brand and I don't like them. The liner of the insole is coming off, they are super bulky and just overall not as nice as my Muck Boots. I'm wearing them (how can I not? It was a very thoughtful gift!) but I wouldn't ever buy them again.

I have a friend who has Bogs and really likes them!

Comment

I found a pair of bogs on sale, and I like them much more than my previous boots (mudruckers I believe). They have held up very well.

Comment

I worked on a dairy farm in college (inside on concrete, wet conditions, and plenty of manure) and wouldn't buy anything else. Now that I have my own farm I live in my muck boots (woodymax), a pair will last me approx. 3 years before they are worn through. But I keep on buying them because they are worth every penny.

No experience with any other brand.

Comment

I have bogs, have used them for over 6 yrs now (same pair) and aside from a nail snag on the one side (doesn't go through just the outer fabric) they are fantastic!

I have also been known to do a little light riding in them during the winter months (yes I know, super unsafe as they have no heel)

My only issue....and its really just mine alone......is they seem to keep the smell lol I can wash them and scrub them and no matter what I always have that lingering muck smell following me lol makes it awkward when at the movies and the folks next to me move
            BF just laughes and assumes I will be wearing them from October - March regardless of smell or look
            if you havent fallen off a horse….then you havent been ridin long enough

Comment

I have Muck Boots that I wear every day during the winter and spend at least 2 hours per day in horse/ pig manure and on concrete. My current pair is at least 4 years old and I should get another winter out of them yet. I wear Muck Boots SUV Hikers during the summer- same conditions plus I wear them to garden as well and so far I've gotten 2 years out of them, but they don't make them anymore!
              "You can't fix stupid"- Ron White

Comment

I love my BOGs I am on my second pair as I drag my heels when I walk and walked a hole in the bottom sole after three years on my first pair. That is due to an issue with me though not the shoe.
                --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

Comment

Originally posted by jessiesgrrl View Post
                  I have bogs, have used them for over 6 yrs now (same pair) and aside from a nail snag on the one side (doesn't go through just the outer fabric) they are fantastic!

I have also been known to do a little light riding in them during the winter months (yes I know, super unsafe as they have no heel)

My only issue....and its really just mine alone......is they seem to keep the smell lol I can wash them and scrub them and no matter what I always have that lingering muck smell following me lol makes it awkward when at the movies and the folks next to me move
                  BF just laughes and assumes I will be wearing them from October - March regardless of smell or look
                  I've only had mine a year or so, and don't wear them as hard as others in this thread, but I adore mine and wear them every chance I get! They are by far my favorite footwear ever. I believe they now have anti-microbial/anti-smell material, and so far mine only stink where manure is stuck to them.

Mine ran slightly small, but they mold and form to the foot because they're so cushy, so after a couple weeks they no longer felt small, just supportive.

I've never found muck boots comfortable, and have wanted to buy them, but just couldn't find any which fit well.
                  If Kim Kardashian wants to set up a gofundme to purchase the Wu Tang album from Martin Shkreli, guess what people you DON'T HAVE TO DONATE.
                  -meupatdoes

Comment

Originally posted by sprite View Post

any opinions welcome!
                    FYI I found a pair of bogs at TJ Maxx a few years ago.

I've had a pair last through two winters but now the crease on top of the foot part has cracked and will leak a tiny bit.

Comment

I have had a pair of Bogs but just since this past fall but I love them; they have enhanced my life! They have not only kept my feet dry walking through ankle deep puddles, but warm as well. My daughter had a pair that developed a leak somehow after 6 months, and the company took them back immediately with a full refund.....actually that was SmartPak.

Comment

I have had both Muck and Bogs boots and had some issues with both leaking way too soon. Bogs was great about replacing those (just had to e-mail them a picture of the crack and they sent me a brand new replacement pair). I'm using the Muck Brit Colt ones now and just noticed they are leaking, but that might be my fault as I did whack them a few times with a pruning saw while trimming trees.

I actually found the Bogs to be much more comfortable in the foot -- but that may just depend on what fits you best. My partner has Muck boots right now and they were really bothering his feet so he put some insoles in and now likes them fine. He also found the Bogs (which he has had in the past) to be more comfortable. But also had problems with them cracking prematurely - those got tossed before I found out Bogs was so good about warranty replacing or I probably could have had those replaced as well.

I'm not sure what I'll go with next as I do need to replace my leaky Muck boots (maybe Muck also does a warranty, but having caused the damage with a saw, I don't think I should go that route!). I also have some LaCrosse boots that are really cute and comfortable for short periods, but don't have enough support in the foot for me to wear for long periods especially on hard ground.

Comment

I've had both. My DH bought me the big !uck boots, and the started leaking the second year. A friend gave me his son's outgrown Bogs 4 years ago and they are still going strong. I love them for working on the dairy, as snow boots. Whatever!
                          Originally posted by The Saddle
                          Perhaps I need my flocking adjusted.

Comment

I have a pair of Dublin Pinnacle boots as well a a pair of Dublin Turndown boots. The Turndowns are fairly new, but I've owned the Pinnacles for almost a year and a half now, through 10+ hour days working on the farm over the summer and many hours in mud throughout winter/spring. I used to muck 15+ stalls a day in them. They are dirty and had to have Dr. Scholls put in, but they are still in very good condition, still waterproof and were well worth the money. A girl in a store thought they were fashion boots just the other day and kept asking where to buy a pair.

I bought them after destroying 3 pairs of Muckmasters in just a few months in 2012. Working student woes .

Comment

I've had both Mucks and Bogs.
                              Far as I can tell, the only difference is the price.
                              "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Comment

Eh, I bought Muck Boots (the Chore model) for both DH and I a few years ago and I wouldn't spend the money on them again.

The heels of mine wore out on the inside (so now my heel just rubs against a deep hole in the neoprene, where it's worn down to the rubber) and both cracked on the outside of the foot, near the pinky toe.

I also think they're very heavy, like hauling around concrete blocks or something on my feet. But they are VERY warm, and the footbed is very comfy.

Now I'm just buying cheap rubber boots, putting in an extra insole, and wearing thick socks.

Comment

My Muck boots just did their 3rd season and still look brand new (when hosed off, of course)! They are sooo comfortable, reliable, and extremely warm. I don't just use them on the farm - I use them anytime I need snow boots too. I wish I'd have purchased them a decade ago.

Comment

I LOVE my Bogs! I have been known to go on a ride w/them too. They feel like tennis shoes and keep my feet super warm when is freezing, yet, I can still wear them when in the 60's.

I LOVE THEM!
                                    Riding is NOT meant as an inside sport, GET out of that arena!!!

Comment

I LOVE my Bogs! I have been known to go on a ride w/them too. They feel like tennis shoes and keep my feet super warm when is freezing, yet, I can still wear them when in the 60's.

I LOVE THEM!
                                      Riding is NOT meant as an inside sport, GET out of that arena!!!

Comment

Working...
                                      X