• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Thoroughbreds Going To Auction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Sannois View Post
    Wait, Is this the same thread? Nope, different title, same conversations.
    Oh God I need to get rid of my wifi .
    hahaha

    Problem with this rara group is...they will never admit that by quacking like a duck..you know the drill..they ARE a duck

    My questions are not answered especially by Angela Freda however she will toss back the old tired story that I never give her links and I never have proof.

    She NEVER has and never will answer what her involvement with HSUS in Maryland is.

    She refuses to acknowledge that she posts on the more radical European anti animal ownership (not just slaughter) forums

    Laura also tries to use the same format but it just doesn't work. Didn't you make a donation to the HSUS sponsored DEFHR in my name Laura?

    The trasportation pipeline...ah..well..I could go to any auction and then see the horses herded into a truck and the truck start up and travel to the Canadian border//is that what you are referring to?

    With all of the anti slaughter and no one will do it right etc..you would think that ONE of them...just ONE of them..would have made the trip north..

    But then..they sure don't put their money where their mouth is and where they demand othersdo it.
    The Elephant in the room

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
      hahaha

      Problem with this rara group is...they will never admit that by quacking like a duck..you know the drill..they ARE a duck

      My questions are not answered especially by Angela Freda however she will toss back the old tired story that I never give her links and I never have proof.

      She NEVER has and never will answer what her involvement with HSUS in Maryland is.

      She refuses to acknowledge that she posts on the more radical European anti animal ownership (not just slaughter) forums

      Laura also tries to use the same format but it just doesn't work. Didn't you make a donation to the HSUS sponsored DEFHR in my name Laura?

      The trasportation pipeline...ah..well..I could go to any auction and then see the horses herded into a truck and the truck start up and travel to the Canadian border//is that what you are referring to?

      With all of the anti slaughter and no one will do it right etc..you would think that ONE of them...just ONE of them..would have made the trip north..

      But then..they sure don't put their money where their mouth is and where they demand othersdo it.
      Really, Anti ownership forums? Yikes. that is radical.
      I am afraid they were trying to convert me. They questioned why I think only a few of the Videos are real. I said how do you know they are?
      No answer. I did watch one that was done last year of a loading dock I think in Texas going to mexico. That was done undercover by someone who followed the truck. The horses were loaded in a quiet fashion,down the ramp and onto the truck. No beating or prodding, I thought gee what is so bad about this Video, At the very end of the Video it said DO NOT report this video to any authorities it will endanger the lives of the investigators. Really?? LOL
      Now that was suspect right there. LOL

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by luvmytbs View Post
        So how much do you contribute to animal welfare since you don't have the expenses of owning any horses?
        Well, I did put my money where my my mouth was.

        How did you do?

        Considering that if you can't spare a buck or three, maybe you should not own a horse, right?



        I can - to a point - accept Laura's position.
        Considering she got burned on her dog rescue...she does not do anything for horse rescues....
        Originally posted by BigMama1
        Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
        GNU Terry Prachett

        Comment


        • #64
          WEll you could say I am not worthy either, I know of no local reliable horse rescues that I would donate to, and since I no longer have a horse, I am not contributing to the industry.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Sannois View Post
            WEll you could say I am not worthy either, I know of no local reliable horse rescues that I would donate to, and since I no longer have a horse, I am not contributing to the industry.
            But you are not constantly claiming to be the only one who knows true animal welfare.

            And for you horseless slacker...delete your COTH account at once!


            As I said, it was a rather eye opening experience, how few actually did think the cause was worthy enough to drop a couple of bucks, and I really mean, a couple. About the cost of a cup of coffee, to allow this group to educate abusive animals owners to change their ways, teach local craftsmen to make better gear, to teach children to care for their family work animals, and to give medical aid to the animals to survive otherwise deadly diseases.

            A little more than the first world crisis of Dobbins not having water 24/7, but a dry bucket now and then, or X feed, instead of Y.

            BTW, the particular fundraiser what set up in response to PETA taking a tinkle on the kid who rides Totillas now. Hardly an abused horse. (and had they tried that with Gal, the collective Dutch population would have stoned them with rotten cheese!)

            As Bluey puts it, we in a world of plenty....

            But in case <generic> you are wondering how rich we are, ask your school district about how many kids are on reduced/free lunches! It is a real eye opener!

            And with summer around the corner, these kids will go even without that for 2-3 month!
            Originally posted by BigMama1
            Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
            GNU Terry Prachett

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Alagirl View Post
              Well, I did put my money where my my mouth was.

              How did you do?

              Considering that if you can't spare a buck or three, maybe you should not own a horse, right?



              I can - to a point - accept Laura's position.
              Considering she got burned on her dog rescue...she does not do anything for horse rescues....
              Completely untrue. I still donate to several horse rescues and regularly pull and transport for dog rescues. Nice try though.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Alagirl View Post
                Considering that if you can't spare a buck or three, maybe you should not own a horse, right?
                Actually, I own more than one

                And support horses in need locally, as many involved in animal welfare do.
                What a concept!
                ************************
                \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by LauraKY View Post
                  Completely untrue. I still donate to several horse rescues and regularly pull and transport for dog rescues. Nice try though.
                  oh, come on.
                  you said it yourself you don't do horse rescue.

                  But maybe you lost track of what you said.
                  Originally posted by BigMama1
                  Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
                  GNU Terry Prachett

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by luvmytbs View Post
                    Actually, I own more than one

                    And support horses in need locally, as many involved in animal welfare do.
                    What a concept!

                    Hoarders do as well.

                    however, taking your word for it would be.....unwise.

                    after all on the net everybody is bigger and better than in real life.
                    Originally posted by BigMama1
                    Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
                    GNU Terry Prachett

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Alagirl View Post

                      after all on the net everybody is bigger and better than in real life.
                      No kidding my dear, no kidding.......
                      ************************
                      \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        There are many who are known to others who show the same breed or species.

                        Those who are creating the life they wish they had, are generally exposed.

                        It is a very very small world...Kevin Bacon 6 degrees of separation..

                        The Rara's usually cry "foul" when they are exposed and deny they are involved but they will never out and out state...I am not involved with that group. I have never given money to that group.

                        If one supports DEFHR which is a satellite of HSUS then one must accept the responsibility that they are, supporting HSUS.
                        The Elephant in the room

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Alagirl View Post
                          Hoarders do as well.

                          however, taking your word for it would be.....unwise.

                          after all on the net everybody is bigger and better than in real life.


                          But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite
                          "Take me in, oh tender woman
                          Take me in, for heaven's sake
                          Take me in oh tender woman," sighed the snake

                          "I saved you," cried that woman
                          "And you've bit me even, why?
                          You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
                          "Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
                          "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in
                          "Take me in, oh tender woman
                          Take me in, for heaven's sake
                          Take me in oh tender woman," sighed the snake

                          source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

                          The Snake by Al Wilson..great tune but also applicable to these threads. If we do not post and rebutt and hold their hand to the fire of proof...they come back and post that we lost ??

                          Only loser is constitution if bans are allowed. No one is against the enforcement of laws, rules etc.

                          And...it is only ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE..but there is not a solution that is better at the current time of all of the rara's of the world would unit and present it.
                          The Elephant in the room

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                            But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite
                            "Take me in, oh tender woman
                            Take me in, for heaven's sake
                            Take me in oh tender woman," sighed the snake

                            "I saved you," cried that woman
                            "And you've bit me even, why?
                            You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
                            "Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
                            "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in
                            "Take me in, oh tender woman
                            Take me in, for heaven's sake
                            Take me in oh tender woman," sighed the snake

                            source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

                            The Snake by Al Wilson..great tune but also applicable to these threads. If we do not post and rebutt and hold their hand to the fire of proof...they come back and post that we lost ??

                            Only loser is constitution if bans are allowed. No one is against the enforcement of laws, rules etc.

                            And...it is only ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE..but there is not a solution that is better at the current time of all of the rara's of the world would unit and present it.
                            Chess and pigeons comes to mind, to tell you the truth.
                            Originally posted by BigMama1
                            Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
                            GNU Terry Prachett

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              At a minimum 95%
                              Measurement of welfare indicators such as:

                              Percentage of horses rendered insensible with one shot from either a captive bolt or a firearm. Minimum score 95%, excellent score 99 to 100%.
                              100% rendered insensible before hoisting.
                              Falling score 1% or less body touches the ground during handling.
                              No electric prods.
                              No acts of abuse, such as beating, slamming gates on horses, or poking sensitive areas.


                              If we're going to quote her - get it right.

                              Originally posted by 7arabians View Post
                              Temple only requires 95% of horses to be knocked insensible by the bolt or firearm. That means she is okay with 5 out of every 100 horses needing additional impacts or shots.
                              The rara sisterhood likes to cite Grandin's work, but they have difficulty accepting her emotionless stats. Temple can't relate to the sisterhood's 'poor little pony' emotional rollercoaster.
                              Grandin also has no problem processing wild mustangs, she just advises the processors to adjust a couple things due to their flight instinct.
                              The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                              H. Cate

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
                                At a minimum 95%
                                Measurement of welfare indicators such as:

                                Percentage of horses rendered insensible with one shot from either a captive bolt or a firearm. Minimum score 95%, excellent score 99 to 100%.
                                100% rendered insensible before hoisting.
                                Falling score 1% or less body touches the ground during handling.
                                No electric prods.
                                No acts of abuse, such as beating, slamming gates on horses, or poking sensitive areas.


                                If we're going to quote her - get it right.
                                Thank you!!
                                Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
                                http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
                                http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Like you're not caught in the swirl?? I don't see you staying away either.

                                  Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                                  hahaha

                                  Problem with this rara group is...they will never admit that by quacking like a duck..you know the drill..they ARE a duck

                                  My questions are not answered especially by Angela Freda however she will toss back the old tired story that I never give her links and I never have proof.

                                  She NEVER has and never will answer what her involvement with HSUS in Maryland is.

                                  She refuses to acknowledge that she posts on the more radical European anti animal ownership (not just slaughter) forums

                                  Laura also tries to use the same format but it just doesn't work. Didn't you make a donation to the HSUS sponsored DEFHR in my name Laura?

                                  The trasportation pipeline...ah..well..I could go to any auction and then see the horses herded into a truck and the truck start up and travel to the Canadian border//is that what you are referring to?

                                  With all of the anti slaughter and no one will do it right etc..you would think that ONE of them...just ONE of them..would have made the trip north..

                                  But then..they sure don't put their money where their mouth is and where they demand othersdo it.
                                  The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                                  H. Cate

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    I'm having some Bailey's. You???

                                    Originally posted by Alagirl View Post
                                    Chess and pigeons comes to mind, to tell you the truth.
                                    The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                                    H. Cate

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Many thanks to my peep, jg, for backing me up on that magical 95%. Your support is much appreciated. By the way, I wasn't quoting, I was summarizing. But thanks again for proving me right!

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        Please get a grip on your pantyhose, I am so NOT your peep.
                                        I also hope you read the part about minimum.

                                        Originally posted by 7arabians View Post
                                        Many thanks to my peep, jg, for backing me up on that magical 95%. Your support is much appreciated. By the way, I wasn't quoting, I was summarizing. But thanks again for proving me right!
                                        The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                                        H. Cate

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Also said by TG.
                                          http://www.grandin.com/humane/questi...slaughter.html


                                          Video monitoring over the Internet by a third party auditing company. This prevents people from "acting good" when they know they are being watched. I have been in horse slaughter plants that had high standards when I was watching, but later they were caught on undercover videos being abusive.
                                          The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                                          H. Cate

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X