• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Director of Days End Farm Horse Rescue RETIRING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by 7arabians View Post
    It really is sad that a rara sisterhood thinks it can take over every board/thread on the internet and then try to have dissenting views banned! Face it, there are many people who know the truth behind some of these rescue groups. When some of your favorites are held up the light, they crumble and the people quit or retire!
    Hey JSwan...I think 7arabians just called you an RARA!!!!

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by jetsmom View Post
      Hey JSwan...I think 7arabians just called you an RARA!!!!
      That made me laugh so hard I peed my pants a little.

      Yes, I am a member of PETA.

      People Eating Tasty Animals.
      Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
      Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
      -Rudyard Kipling

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by JSwan View Post
        That made me laugh so hard I peed my pants a little.

        Yes, I am a member of PETA.

        People Eating Tasty Animals.
        I will say, anyone messing with our elected Queen of COTH is going to be creamed.
        She holds the office on merit and it is not her first rodeo.

        Back on topic, I think that the word "rescue" today is not referring to what it used to be, but has to be questioned up front before taking anyone's word for it.

        I don't know about this group, but it seems that there is some controversy with it, especially believable if they are involved with the HSUS in any way.
        The HSUS is a group we do have enough information on how they operate and it is not with a light hand.

        Comment


        • #24
          All I know is that they took in a lot of starved TBs from a definitely BAD rescue and went way beyond what almost anyone would do--and pulled it off. They get a lot of congrats and applause for that from me.

          As for HSUS, I may not agree with a lot of things that they do, but they do at times do some good things. The Three Strikes Ranch situation in Nebraska is something I won't ever forget (and they also did take a lot of the wilder mustangs off to their rescue ranch in Texas where I assume they are all doing well).

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by betonbill View Post
            All I know is that they took in a lot of starved TBs from a definitely BAD rescue and went way beyond what almost anyone would do--and pulled it off. They get a lot of congrats and applause for that from me.

            As for HSUS, I may not agree with a lot of things that they do, but they do at times do some good things. The Three Strikes Ranch situation in Nebraska is something I won't ever forget (and they also did take a lot of the wilder mustangs off to their rescue ranch in Texas where I assume they are all doing well).
            Well,I know plenty of stories where their "help" was conditional with being able to use the information in the stories for their propaganda and the ones in the spot giving them the spotlight, etc. so they could further their anti-animal use agenda and had all that free publicity from those situations.

            A certain hurricane comes to mind, you can google for that and get an ear full.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by Bluey View Post
              Well,I know plenty of stories where their "help" was conditional with being able to use the information in the stories for their propaganda and the ones in the spot giving them the spotlight, etc. so they could further their anti-animal use agenda and had all that free publicity from those situations.

              A certain hurricane comes to mind, you can google for that and get an ear full.
              LOL, it doesn't even have to be agreed upon for HSUS to use a situation for it's own fundraising! There are many, many shelters and rescues around the country that cringe whenever HSUS gets a bead on something they are working on.

              HSUS is well known for swooping in for a photo op, and then disappearing. Unwitting locals send in donations to HSUS, thinking that money will go to the local organization dealing with the issue and HSUS laughs all the way to the bank. Their "help" was never asked for or agreed to, and yet there they are. It is almost like they can smell the money making potential...kind of like a shark being able to smell a drop of blood from miles and miles away.
              Sheilah

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by IdahoRider View Post
                LOL, it doesn't even have to be agreed upon for HSUS to use a situation for it's own fundraising! There are many, many shelters and rescues around the country that cringe whenever HSUS gets a bead on something they are working on.

                HSUS is well known for swooping in for a photo op, and then disappearing. Unwitting locals send in donations to HSUS, thinking that money will go to the local organization dealing with the issue and HSUS laughs all the way to the bank. Their "help" was never asked for or agreed to, and yet there they are. It is almost like they can smell the money making potential...kind of like a shark being able to smell a drop of blood from miles and miles away.
                Sheilah
                Like that's something unique? In case you haven't noticed, every politician from President down to dog catcher got their photo op and quote on TV in regard to the Newtown school shootings and still are. From whatever side of the aisle. I don't think 10 people on the street could have told you the name of the NRA head before that, but they sure know it now! Traumatized tiny kids dragged around the country to sing at the Super Bowl, exploitation much???!! Bet there was a mighty fine ratings uptick for all that 24/7 endless coverage, too . . .

                Don't think ANYone has any shame when there's tragedy to be exploited.

                Comment


                • #28
                  When I was going around asking for donations for our local shelter, many would say they had already mailed it in.
                  Since we didn't get anything, we finally had to explain that those HSUS, ASPCA and such they were mailing money to are not your local shelter and don't use that money for other than to support their mammoth associations and it's costs of running it and their animal rights extremist propaganda and lobbying.

                  If they wanted to really help animals directly, maybe they could think to support the local efforts to do so, where the money was going 100% to the shelter, no one penny used for other.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Sheila's going to "bare" it? OK so if everyone else does, so will I for donations for the Days End horses. Although Chad Ochocino was the best looking PETA poster, in my opinion.

                    "Bare" with us, 7arabians?

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                      When I was going around asking for donations for our local shelter, many would say they had already mailed it in.
                      Since we didn't get anything, we finally had to explain that those HSUS, ASPCA and such they were mailing money to are not your local shelter and don't use that money for other than to support their mammoth associations and it's costs of running it and their animal rights extremist propaganda and lobbying.

                      If they wanted to really help animals directly, maybe they could think to support the local efforts to do so, where the money was going 100% to the shelter, no one penny used for other.
                      This is what I thought till my local HS peep told me differently. I don't think the whole town is quite convinced of it yet, there are all the ads on TV saying 'send $$ to us!' After reading here and doing a bit of Binging, only the local HS. But I do wish they'd change their name to something else. It's confusing if you're not right up there with all the correct info. Which is hard enough to get.
                      GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Originally posted by goneriding24 View Post
                        This is what I thought till my local HS peep told me differently. I don't think the whole town is quite convinced of it yet, there are all the ads on TV saying 'send $$ to us!' After reading here and doing a bit of Binging, only the local HS. But I do wish they'd change their name to something else. It's confusing if you're not right up there with all the correct info. Which is hard enough to get.

                        the pound or 'The Organization'?

                        (as for the latter: fat chance! that's their bread and butter!)

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Originally posted by scheherazadetbmare View Post
                          Sheila's going to "bare" it? OK so if everyone else does, so will I for donations for the Days End horses. Although Chad Ochocino was the best looking PETA poster, in my opinion.

                          "Bare" with us, 7arabians?
                          Oh, snort! In my case, those donating would be attempting to keep me from "baring" anything.
                          Sheilah

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Originally posted by IdahoRider View Post
                            'Do as I say [you should] not as my own rescue does'.... that thread is a classic!
                            Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

                            http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X