• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Poll: Video of Animal Communicator with Horse - Do You Believe or Not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Video of Animal Communicator with Horse - Do You Believe or Not?

So, do CotHers believe or not after watching this video?

http://youtu.be/MGSRDSFvjGM
    Yes. There are people with such an ability.
    21.43%
    No. Fraudulent.
    57.14%
    I'm on the fence about it.
    17.86%
    No opinion.
    3.57%
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

I must say, first of all, that I could only watch the first half before I gave up on the video.

I think the horse was enjoying the calm and peaceful manner of the person. I think the person had her own agenda of messages that she wanted to put forward.

And what's the deal with 'exhaling through both his nostrils'?

What the text described as 'release' looked more like discomfort to me.
    Last edited by draftdriver; Mar. 24, 2013, 02:55 PM. Reason: Spelling
    My Equestrian Art Photography page

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but was th HORSE going to recommend a book? I can't bear to scroll back through to look. Lady had an agenda, that's for sure.

Comment

I didn't watch the video so no opinion on that, but I DO know the AC I used definitely was reading my guy, because I gave her NO info to go on other than where, what, color, sex, name age....

She was spot on with the behavior he was experiencing....

Some are frauds...like anything else.
        "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Comment

I just saw 1:30 of the video...here is my issue with this particular video: I wish they had left off the music and just allowed us to hear what the AC was saying. I'm sure that she is "great" but I understand that many people are skeptical (and rightfully so). I think the video might have been fantastic if we were able to experience the communication as it took place, but I will never know now because of the way this video was "doctored". I am not sure who released the video (AC, Owner, or someone else), so I really can't comment on this particular AC or reading.
          Certified Spiritual Medium/ Animal Communicator
          www.heatherevebristol.com
          www.meliorastables.net

Comment

I only lasted a minute and 43 seconds. Nice worldview music and the rest of it was . . . pointless? No opinion.
            Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
            Incredible Invisible

Comment

For the record, I am bitter that you all did not suffer through the whole thing. Misery does love company.

Comment

There are people who can communicate with animals. (Our owner, we're warmbloods, has esp some of the time. Not all of the time, but enough that her vets don't question her when she says something. Unfortunately her esp did not work for lotto or we'd be in a barn with a 24/7 concierge.)

There are people who rip off owners of animals by picking up on signals from the owners.

Figuring out which is a fraud and which is esp is sometimes not easy to do.

Don't pay anyone unless that person can tell you something about your horse/animal that they cannot pick up from you.

Takng advantage of horse owners is not nice!

Comment

Nope. AC is BS. There are certainly people who are incredibly astute, intuitive readers of animal and human BEHAVIOR, but there is no mystical or psychic element. However if what an AC says has a positive effect on a person's life, then I guess it isn't completely without value.
                  "Sometimes the fear won't go away... so you just have to do it afraid."

Trolls be trollin'! -DH

Comment

I lasted 4 mn and 37 seconds to right after the "release of the drop of mucus from his left nostril"
                    The messages that foals wanted to be with their mothers and horses wanted to be with horses, as well as people not listening were such a revelation to me!!!
                    And my favourite part was when the horse took a step forward to reposition himself to where he wanted the "healer" to be...and she promptly got down from her stool and moved it back forward to where it was before!

I'll let you guess what my position is

Plus I now have to go take a nap after the soothing indian meditation music... (I would have preferred to hear the comments from the AC.)
                    "When life gives you scurvy, make lemonade."

Comment

I communicate with my horses, regularly and frequently. But I don't insult their intelligence, or that of the wider world, with drivel. This reminds me more of a PETA or HSUS fund raising commercial than anything else. I will admit just getting through the first five minutes. If I had spent more the makers of this travesty would be guilty of felony theft of my time.

Of coure maybe I'm just prejudiced because my AN/ASA-4A Detector Set, Night Soil, Bovine, Male was screaming loudly in my ear.

Sorry, but it doesn't wash.

G.
                      Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Comment

If they submit to agreed upon test protocols (i.e., both sides must agree) and prove they can "communicate" they can win a million bucks from JREF. For some reason, no "animal communicator" has ever won the money (I don't know if they've even tried). What is proven is that people remember the correct GUESSES such supposed communicators make and tend to forget the incorrect ones (which are usually much more numerous).

I've offered the following test to such communicators, and for some reason they don't take me up on it: Come to the barn. My horse is one of 25 in the barn. It certainly knows who I am. Go out there and "communicate" and figure out which horse is mine and tell me what it says. I'll wait in the house. With no feedback from me, no reaction to the guesses....no supposed communication with the horse Quelle surprise!! Duh.

Comment

I made it until the horse RECOMMENDED A FREAKING BOOK. Are you kidding me? Was the horse on amazon last night, searching for books that would help his owner understand him? Horses don't even know what books ARE. AC is crap--people taking advantage of others.
                          Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
                          White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

Comment

Didn't watch the entire thing, but did she come up with one single thing that was very particular to that horse (i.e. I hate the bay with three white socks that is usually in the stall on my left) and not a generalization that could apply to most horses ("they took me away from my mommy before I wanted to go")?

Most I have seen are quite generalized; "that blonde woman", "the brown horse in the barn," when my last owner had me I had a slightly sore leg for a while"; nothing that wouldn't apply to many horses and allows the AC to play the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonoverMississippi View Post
                              Didn't watch the entire thing, but did she come up with one single thing that was very particular to that horse (i.e. I hate the bay with three white socks that is usually in the stall on my left) and not a generalization that could apply to most horses ("they took me away from my mommy before I wanted to go")?

Most I have seen are quite generalized; "that blonde woman", "the brown horse in the barn," when my last owner had me I had a slightly sore leg for a while"; nothing that wouldn't apply to many horses and allows the AC to play the odds.
                              How hard is it to note where a horse is stalled in a barn and what other horses are nearby?

G.

Comment

Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
                                How hard is it to note where a horse is stalled in a barn and what other horses are nearby?

G.
                                Sorry, I should have made myself clearer, I was suggesting not "the bay with three white socks that is right next to me now" but something more along the lines of "the bay with the three white socks that is usually next to me but is no longer there now". In other words, did the AC come up with anything that isn't obvious with simple observation, or a generalized comment that could apply to many (i.e. playing the odds).

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat518 View Post
                                  I made it until the horse RECOMMENDED A FREAKING BOOK. Are you kidding me? Was the horse on amazon last night, searching for books that would help his owner understand him? Horses don't even know what books ARE. AC is crap--people taking advantage of others.
                                  Ditto friend.. I could not even last that far. Animals do not communicate in human words. What a serious crock and rip off!

Comment

The only "release" going on in that video was a moron releasing her wallet to a charlatan.

Comment

Pffft. I figured out the tricks to that scam while a college student over 40 years ago, working on a fun little independent study project with a psych major. But we were able to convince a whole lot of otherwise intelligent, rational people.

Have often thought gee, it's popular now, one could earn a good living at it. Sadly I am too honest for my own good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairview Horse Center
                                        I have seen that scene before, but the A/C says, not? hmmm, maybe it was a month, year, last barn "before" "maybe the horse meant next to him outside? in the trailer, at the show stalls, or line-up? on the trail rides?, "or was it 2 socks? <hehe>
                                        Not exactly a firm foundation of the Art of the A/C, eh?

Folks who are inclined to consider this stuff should Google "Clever Hans." That should be enough of an inoculation for all but the truly credulous.

Or try my Test for Animal Communicator Credibility:

Place the Communicator in a position where they have “communication” with your animal but are not in “line of sight.” This can be in a separate room, behind a stall wall, or simply with their back to the animal (and no reflective surfaces in the area).

Once “communication” is confirmed hold your credit card in front of the animal so that it is clearly visible to it. Then ask the Communicator to read back to you the card number. If they can do that, pay them. If not, tell them to cop a walk.

G.

Comment

Working...
                                        X