• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Sorry, my mistake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DieBlaueReiterin View Post
    although i know you (saw you around the shows a bunch of times when i showed) you don't know me AT ALL. you have no idea how many times i have posted about her, how many people i've told/warned about her, or what i've been through with her. i have been trying to save the world from this person for a long time, probably longer than you've even known of her. so until you know all the facts, keep your expletive ridden opinions to yourself.
    Yes. The point exactly. Anonymous and ineffective. And now appearing to be nasty jerks attacking an injured person.

    If you are so hell bent on 'saving the world' from her, then you could have started your own blog and called things out for how you saw them.

    Something like this http://snarkyrider.com/ with your name front and center on the first page.

    But attacking her at this time completely undermines your credibility. You may not like that, but that is how it looks to some of us.
    "Friend" me !

    http://www.facebook.com/isabeau.solace

    Comment


    • that's fine, if i come off like a jerk to you, then don't listen to me, and go put your horses in training with dom. somehow i doubt you will ever do that.

      Originally posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
      Yes. The point exactly. Anonymous and ineffective. And now appearing to be nasty jerks attacking an injured person.

      If you are so hell bent on 'saving the world' from her, then you could have started your own blog and called things out for how you saw them.

      Something like this http://snarkyrider.com/ with your name front and center on the first page.

      But attacking her at this time completely undermines your credibility. You may not like that, but that is how it looks to some of us.
      My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

      Comment


      • thumbsuphosemanship.com gets a thumb's down for her training.
        As lolalola posted, maybe this incident will cause the injured woman to change for the better of horses and herself. Hopefully she won't have permanent injuries from this fall.

        Everyone who outs someone on coth, it appears, gets attacked by others for doing so. It's not whether you are right or wrong, apparently, it's whether someone else has a beef with you. I don't know if it is jealousy or resentment or what. But the people attacking posters for stating what they know about the trainer are not addressing the videos and the blog. When someone says something that she IRL knows about someone, it is relevant.

        Going to a barn not your own and leaving items for another is kind of weird. And the videos do speak for themselves. Along with the blog which was self-promoting. All public at the time, and fair game for anyone to critique.

        Here's hoping the trainer, no matter what her origin (we have a lot of native born crappy "trainers" all over the USA), will learn from this accident and change her ways. The horses and their naive owners deserve better.

        Comment


        • And just to clarify, since it's come up a couple times, yes, she is of Polish descent, but she's been in America since she was two years old. She does so love to use the tale of how she "escaped communist Poland" as a way to show how brave and hardcore she is, conveniently leaving out the fact that it was her parents that were "escaping" for a cushy job and she was just a lap child at the time.
          My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

          Comment


          • Is there a Cliff Notes version to this thread?
            The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

            Comment


            • Beginnerish rider turned trainer.

              Bad career choice.
              Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
              Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
              -Rudyard Kipling

              Comment


              • Thread Cliff Notes:

                Woman (trainer) got hurt. Blogged it. Blog had videos. Videos showed lack of horsemanship. COTH went boom. Friends "to the rescue."

                Which brings you to about page 8, at least ;-)
                "I'd rather have a horse. A horse is at least human, for god's sake." - J.D. Salinger

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FineAlready View Post
                  And also, I'm sorry, but on her training site, there is a horse named "Greg" that she apparently worked with on cross tieing behavior. There is video of him cross tied in a stall on what appears to be a bare, wet concrete floor. The horse is rearing and thrashing and is lucky he didn't lose his life. There are a lot of ways to address poor cross tie behavior, but this is probably the worst and most horrifying method I have ever seen.

                  At one point in the video, you can hear her say "what have we learned?" And then immediately he goes straight up and almost gets his front hooves over the top of the stall. It really is bad horsemanship.

                  I'm very sorry to be pointing things like this out about a person who just suffered a very bad accident, but I felt like I needed to mention it in case anyone here might think it would be a good idea to send a problem horse to this young woman. I'm sure she probably means well, but I can't believe no horses have been killed yet while she has been working with them.
                  Amen.
                  Hillary Rodham Clinton - the peoples choice for president.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freebird! View Post
                    Is there a Cliff Notes version to this thread?
                    Hmmmm. A college worthy Cliff Notes edition would be nice. Let's see -

                    Background: horse trainer for 'difficult horses' creates a blog. Writes well in conversational, detailed, and very entertaining style. Blogs on her training methods, each horse, and results for said horses. Includes videos and pictures in each blog. Has 400 "followers" reading blog.

                    COTH reader finds blog, reads latest entry about trainer's severely broken leg from rearing/flipped over highly neuorotic rescued Paso Fino. COTH reader horrified by posted videos in blog that show a badly terrified horse. COTH reader creates thread and posts blog with videos. Other COTH readers click on link and express horror and/or sympathy. Many COTH readers feel trainer should not be training. Other COTH readers disagree. Thread battle ensues. Enemies of trainer come out of woodwork to sling arrows into battle. Battle heats up between 'she's-a-fraud-not-a-trainer' camp and the 'poor-trainer-without-insurance-give-her-some-sympathy-for-goodness-sake' camp. Original COTH poster now feels guilty and pulls link with an apology. This only adds fuel to fire as other COTHers want to see and form their opinion. Another COTHer posts link, and train whistles are heard as increasing numbers of COTHers weigh in. Train whistles become louder as the trainer's friends (NOTE: or houseguests - sometimes it is hard to tell) make an appearance to yell at all COTHers for being trailer trash (or thereabouts). Thread becomes a free for all. One COTHer finds out subject Horse apparently has now been removed to a certified trainer for this breed, giving sense of relief to many COTHers. Train whistles louder as popcorn starts flying as well as mirade opinions on trainer's other methods. Blog posts are suddenly poofed. Videos are poofed. Blog reappears, then is poofed seconds later. Blog is made private. Videos now private. Fuel added to fire. Copy of blog posted on thread. Mod removes it. Popcorn continues to fly. Trains crash as houseguests/friends fight post to post with trainer's enemies and various COTH regulars. COTH regulars fight among themselves on whether trainer is Satan's daughter to the horse training world... or not. 5 tons of popcorn consumed. Untold gallons of boxed wine as well. Many COTHers settle in to watch entertainment. Thread still ongoing even in the face of vanished evidence.

                    But you would need to have read the blog entry to understand the crux of the thread. If you didn't read it before it went poof, PM me. You can borrow my copy.
                    Last edited by pdq; Feb. 16, 2013, 09:57 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pdq View Post
                      Hmmmm. A college worthy Cliff Notes edition would be nice. Let's see -

                      Background: horse trainer for 'difficult horses' creates a blog. Writes well in conversational, detailed, and very entertaining style. Blogs on her training methods, each horse, and results for said horses. Includes videos and pictures in each blog. Has 400 "followers" reading blog.

                      COTH reader finds blog, reads latest entry about trainer's severely broken leg from rearing/flipped over highly neuorotic rescued Paso Fino. COTH reader horrified by posted videos in blog that show a badly terrified horse. COTH reader creates thread and posts blog with videos. Other COTH readers click on link and express horror and/or sympathy. Many COTH readers feel trainer should not be training. Other COTH readers disagree. Thread battle ensues. Enemies of trainer come out of woodwork to sling arrows into battle. Battle heats up between 'she's-a-fraud-not-a-trainer' camp and the 'poor-trainer-without-insurance-give-her-some-sympathy-for-goodness-sake' camp. Original COTH poster now feels guilty and pulls link with an apology. This only adds fuel to fire as other COTHers want to see and form their opinion. Another COTHer posts link, and train whistles are heard as increasing numbers of COTHers weigh in. Train whistles become louder as the trainer's friends (NOTE: or houseguests - sometimes it is hard to tell) make an appearance to yell at all COTHers for being trailer trash (or thereabouts). Thread becomes a free for all. One COTHer finds out subject Horse apparently has now been removed to a certified trainer for this breed, giving sense of relief to many COTHers. Train whistles louder as popcorn starts flying as well as mirade opinions on trainer's other methods. Blog posts are suddenly poofed. Videos are poofed. Blog reappears, then is poofed seconds later. Blog is made private. Videos now private. Fuel added to fire. Copy of blog posted on thread. Mod removes it. Popcorn continues to fly. Trains crash as houseguests/friends fight post to post with trainer's enemies and various COTH regulars. COTH regulars fight among themselves on whether trainer is Satan's daughter to the horse training world... or not. 5 tons of popcorn consumed. Untold gallons of boxed wine as well. Many COTHers settle in to watch entertainment. Thread still ongoing even in the face of vanished evidence.

                      But you would need to have read the blog entry to understand the crux of the thread. If you didn't read it before it went poof, PM me. You can borrow my copy.
                      Bravo!!
                      Barn rat for life

                      Comment


                      • My kids are now wondering why I can't stop laughing. And yes, while I missed seeing the blog and videos, I did get to read the copied blog post here. It was indeed a classic.

                        Thanks for the lovely recap pdq!
                        The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

                        Comment


                        • OMG, PDQ, that was priceless!

                          Gotta love the defenders who are blind to the videos and blog.

                          You forgot the drinks. And no one has asked for recipes yet.

                          but at least 3 house guests appeared, I think? Not a record, though. One still has to wonder why the defenders don't care about the safety of the horses involved in this training. If old thumbsup had been named parelli, there'd be few defenders. maybe the N****t method wil replace the parelli method as the most despised training method?

                          Comment


                          • Good summary pdq.
                            However I wish you had included the argument over the acoustics of horses shoes on rubber vs cement flooring, and, that there was someone who seems to believe that Ireland is in Europe..

                            Comment


                            • Not bad pdq, but you left out the borderline racial (Mongoloid) slurs and debate over Eastern European vs. rest-of-the-world training techniques

                              Other than that, nice job!
                              "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
                              ~Lewis Carroll

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                Good summary pdq.
                                However I wish you had included the argument over the acoustics of horses shoes on rubber vs cement flooring, and, that there was someone who seems to believe that Ireland is in Europe..
                                Um...Ireland IS in Europe. It is not on the Continent, but it is part of Europe.

                                Comment


                                • It is part of the UK no?

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                    It is part of the UK no?
                                    No. Ireland is not part of the UK.

                                    Ireland is in Europe. (As is the UK).


                                    LOL

                                    Comment


                                    • Uh, Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. This thread just gets weirder and weirder

                                      Comment


                                      • To be clear, Northern Ireland (northeast most corner of the Emerald Island) is part of the UK. The Republic of Ireland is independent and takes up the rest of the island. Though, these days it is more complicated than that, there is a section of that island that is considered part of the UK.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Discobold View Post
                                          Uh, Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. This thread just gets weirder and weirder
                                          Yes, NORTHERN IRELAND is in the UK.

                                          IRELAND is not.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X