• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Wow..."Horsemeat found in beef burgers on sale in UK and Ireland"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sannois View Post
    But you are a vegetarian
    Believe it or not, there are people out there who care about other human beings.
    Regardless of what their own beliefs or convictions may be.
    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jenm View Post
      The poll was conducted by Public Opinion Strategies:

      "The opposition to horse slaughter crosses all lines -- it doesn't
      matter what race you are, where you live, or whether you vote Republican or
      Democrat -- Americans are opposed to horse slaughter by an overwhelming
      margin,"


      As for your slanted questions, one could just as easily ask:

      How do you feel about our government spending money to slaughter horses when our educational system is under funded?

      If you think it's so biased, why haven't the folks like David Duquette and Sue Wallis conducted a poll? They are the ones consistently getting shot down when trying to build slaughter houses.
      Great question...and then, the unbiased pollster would say..do you think it is more important to support a slaughter industry with money taken from the education of your children or do you think the slaughter industry should have to pay its own way..(we were able to "probe"...we were not supposed to but we did

      Another pollster trick is: most of the polls are actrually filled out "in a BAR". Yup..Heffering who distributed the enormous Goldfarb poll paper discovered so many were giving the money to friends in the bar and they would go through the 4-500 pages and everyone will fill in "a correct" answer. How did they cover that? For the name of the person they used the reverse directory which gave names and addresses.

      That is why political polls are no considered accurate and why slaughter polls are usually slanted.
      The Elephant in the room

      Comment


      • Some are forgetting that the slaughter plants offered to pay the USDA inspectors, but they were denied that also, because, well, the idea is not that the USDA didn't have money for them, as they insisted, but that, under pressure, they wanted the plants closed.

        That is so currently, the plants wanting to open have offered to pay the inspector's salaries but no, same reason.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LauraKY View Post
          Think that can't happen in the U.S.? Think again.
          This is where you are wrong but you are exposing your alliance with RARA groups. Vegan groups etc.

          Packaging, mislable and substitution are FRAUD.

          They have nothing to do with North American Slaughter

          Have you read recent updates. It appears oranges, apples lettuce, shrimp, etc are ALL victims of gangsers and their desire to falsify papers.

          By trying to taint ALL meat production you are entering step two. But it is your arrogance that has you thinking you have already won the anti slaughter debate.

          Far from it. Politicians understand THEY WERE HAD...big time...last time.

          Nice try however
          The Elephant in the room

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
            Some are forgetting that the slaughter plants offered to pay the USDA inspectors, but they were denied that also, because, well, the idea is not that the USDA didn't have money for them, as they insisted, but that, under pressure, they wanted the plants closed.

            That is so currently, the plants wanting to open have offered to pay the inspector's salaries but no, same reason.
            The rara's objection was...the slaughter plants will "buy them off"

            They can not win with these children ..... Darned if you do and Darned if you don't

            I think they are in for a rude awakening however. This time the breeders, registration groups USDA etc are ALL aware of the behind the scenes lobby and they are getting ready for them.

            The European scandal proves they have so much to clean up before they start pointing fingers
            The Elephant in the room

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
              Some are forgetting that the slaughter plants offered to pay the USDA inspectors, but they were denied that also, because, well, the idea is not that the USDA didn't have money for them, as they insisted, but that, under pressure, they wanted the plants closed.

              That is so currently, the plants wanting to open have offered to pay the inspector's salaries but no, same reason.
              Link please, particularly to what I bolded
              TIA
              Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

              http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sannois View Post
                But you are a vegetarian
                No, actually, I'm not. I was for a period of time back in the 80's when I was a long distance runner and the taste and smell of meat and poultry disgusted me. Ended up vegan for a while. But it wasn't based on any animal rights belief, it was purely based on taste and texture. Injured my knee, knocked the running back and meat didn't seem so disgusting anymore.

                It is healthier, however...of course, you need a balanced diet, just like any meat eater would.

                But nice try.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                  This is where you are wrong but you are exposing your alliance with RARA groups. Vegan groups etc.

                  Packaging, mislable and substitution are FRAUD.

                  They have nothing to do with North American Slaughter

                  Have you read recent updates. It appears oranges, apples lettuce, shrimp, etc are ALL victims of gangsers and their desire to falsify papers.

                  By trying to taint ALL meat production you are entering step two. But it is your arrogance that has you thinking you have already won the anti slaughter debate.

                  Far from it. Politicians understand THEY WERE HAD...big time...last time.

                  Nice try however
                  Gee Fairfax, that's what I was talking about...food fraud, and those were the links I posted...food fraud. You proved exactly nothing. I have this gift, I'm not obsessed with just one or two topics.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LauraKY View Post
                    No, actually, I'm not. I was for a period of time back in the 80's when I was a long distance runner and the taste and smell of meat and poultry disgusted me. Ended up vegan for a while. But it wasn't based on any animal rights belief, it was purely based on taste and texture. Injured my knee, knocked the running back and meat didn't seem so disgusting anymore.

                    It is healthier, however...of course, you need a balanced diet, just like any meat eater would.

                    But nice try.
                    Actually I am Paleo, Wheat Free Primal. Never touch grain products.
                    Note my siggie!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LauraKY View Post
                      Gee Fairfax, that's what I was talking about...food fraud, and those were the links I posted...food fraud. You proved exactly nothing. I have this gift, I'm not obsessed with just one or two topics.
                      I got that..however I also saw how you did not ask anyone to stay on topi i.e. food fraud...but instead engage in the anti versus pro slaughter etc.

                      Guess we can quit posting as food fraud is a ticket that has nthing to do with eqines nor with slaughter nor with chemicals.

                      It is strictly a thread about fraud.
                      The Elephant in the room

                      Comment


                      • Maybe we should stop posting then...I'm all for it. Although the title is horsemeat in the beef burgers and it looks like they're still finding more and more incidences of horsemeat in the fill in the blank in Europe.

                        I wonder, are they testing the beef in Canada to make sure it's really beef?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LauraKY View Post
                          Maybe we should stop posting then...I'm all for it. Although the title is horsemeat in the beef burgers and it looks like they're still finding more and more incidences of horsemeat in the fill in the blank in Europe.

                          I wonder, are they testing the beef in Canada to make sure it's really beef?
                          I think we can add "possibly" contaminated horsemeat masquerading as beef.

                          This, of course, has nothing to do with Canadian horsemeat shipped to Europe, except that there are enough hints here and there that meat from Canada may not really come with the proper credentials (withdrawal from drugs, falsified EIA slips, etc.) that indeed this may become the case sooner or later.

                          BTW, Fairfax, when you stay 100% on task in describing your personal experiences with Fort McLeod, you are a valuable resource. However, the minute that you begin ranting and raving about RARAs, HSUS, etc., etc., you lose 100% of your credibility with me and probably everyone else.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                            Some are forgetting that the slaughter plants offered to pay the USDA inspectors, but they were denied that also, because, well, the idea is not that the USDA didn't have money for them, as they insisted, but that, under pressure, they wanted the plants closed.

                            That is so currently, the plants wanting to open have offered to pay the inspector's salaries but no, same reason.
                            Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                            The rara's objection was...the slaughter plants will "buy them off"
                            Seriously you two? A private entity paying the salary of a government worker?

                            It's my understanding food inspectors aren't paid a lot to begin with, so they would be easy targets for bribes and payola.

                            I'm no RARA and have never been one, but even I understand what a ridiculous idea that is.
                            Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
                            http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
                            http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

                            Comment


                            • Interesting article from FoodSafetyNews.com

                              "Since there has not been any horse legally slaughtered in the U.S. for food in more than a half dozen years, it’s likely that ground beef and ground pork at your local meat market are 100 percent, unless you’ve ordered a meatloaf mix."

                              http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2013/0.../#.UWgqjbWsiSo

                              Comment


                              • Imarily
                                Originally posted by jenm View Post
                                Seriously you two? A private entity paying the salary of a government worker?

                                It's my understanding food inspectors aren't paid a lot to begin with, so they would be easy targets for bribes and payola.

                                I'm no RARA and have never been one, but even I understand what a ridiculous idea that is.
                                People/companies do pay for inspections in many cases. Look up "fee for service inspection" and you'll find plenty of examples in many (most?) inspection agencies, including FSIS. (In fact, I think all of the meat inspection for exotics either is or was done on a fee-for-service basis). Someone mentioned earlier that it was vetoed for horsemeat inspection and this is true - USDA was going to add horsemeat to the "voluntary" exotics fee schedule but that was vetoed (I'm on my phone - taking a perfectly legal break from my federal inspection job that is primarily paid for by inspecting fees - so I can't link references right now but it was 9 CFR 352.19).

                                While corruption can and does occur anywhere, it has not been my experience that charging fees for inspection makes any difference - good or bad - to the integrity of the inspector.

                                Comment


                                • I was under the impression that for the last couple of years the 3 slaughter houses in the U.S. paid their inspectors privately.

                                  Comment


                                  • Thanks for the info!!

                                    Originally posted by SummerRose View Post
                                    Imarily

                                    People/companies do pay for inspections in many cases. Look up "fee for service inspection" and you'll find plenty of examples in many (most?) inspection agencies, including FSIS. (In fact, I think all of the meat inspection for exotics either is or was done on a fee-for-service basis). Someone mentioned earlier that it was vetoed for horsemeat inspection and this is true - USDA was going to add horsemeat to the "voluntary" exotics fee schedule but that was vetoed (I'm on my phone - taking a perfectly legal break from my federal inspection job that is primarily paid for by inspecting fees - so I can't link references right now but it was 9 CFR 352.19).

                                    While corruption can and does occur anywhere, it has not been my experience that charging fees for inspection makes any difference - good or bad - to the integrity of the inspector.
                                    The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                                    H. Cate

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by betonbill View Post
                                      I think we can add "possibly" contaminated horsemeat masquerading as beef.

                                      This, of course, has nothing to do with Canadian horsemeat shipped to Europe, except that there are enough hints here and there that meat from Canada may not really come with the proper credentials (withdrawal from drugs, falsified EIA slips, etc.) that indeed this may become the case sooner or later.

                                      BTW, Fairfax, when you stay 100% on task in describing your personal experiences with Fort McLeod, you are a valuable resource. However, the minute that you begin ranting and raving about RARAs, HSUS, etc., etc., you lose 100% of your credibility with me and probably everyone else.
                                      Sadly they seem to go hand in hand.

                                      HSUS does influence some local hs and spca groupings however they do not have the power they exert in the U.S.

                                      Many posters try and imply or state that what happened in the states previous is STILL the way it is done in Canada.

                                      I truly believe it can be done humanely (as humanely as killing anything can be done) and I do understand there are many who hate any thought of death.

                                      I refuse to turn over the cats dumped at my kennel, to the local county and they gas all unwanted pets. I have seen how long it takes to kill them and the suffering. However paying out a couple of grand to have them needled is not in my budget

                                      We all make decisions. While I choose NOT to gas them others for any and all reasons choose to turn their excess cats over to the county

                                      I have no problem with that. I support the program for others even though I CHOOSE not to use it.

                                      Slaughter is no different. It is only ONE piece of the puzzle.

                                      What is troubling to me are those who bemoan the three women saving only ONE pregnant mare while attacking the commercial buyer of the rest of the horses. NEITHER should be attacked and they should be applauded.

                                      The commercial buyer is still SAVING a few...and hopefully they might have great lives. The women are the same (saving two actually)

                                      Slaughter is there however to help with the rest.

                                      The anti slaughter advocates immediate shut up when it was pointed out that these horses were seized from a born free philosophy letting them roam as mother nature intended and as THEY..(what ever you decide to call them) clearly stated SHOULD happen.

                                      HSUS and these groups actively told congress and every listening ear that the system would absorb ALL unwanted horses so there was absolutely no heed.

                                      But they still support no slaughter as this allows THEIR rescues to selectively seize horses where there is almost a guarantee they will be able to file for huge rescue fees.

                                      One of the new rescues for an established group stated approsimately $2000 per horse...and yet...the Alberta SPCA stated it would cost around $350.00 for a few months care...$10,000 for the herd.

                                      Herein lies the problem They are against slaughter, because they can charge volunteer time to pet ginger at a rate of $10.0) as a socialization fee. The Alberta SPCA does not do that.

                                      When these topics arise, it is insinuated and on this thread stated, that the horse meat probably .... probably came from Canada...then they go on a drug run...and insinuate North American horse meat is mislabled and when they are proven wrong..they go silent or change tactics.

                                      That is why I mention HSUS and RARA groups.

                                      There is a HUGE push by HSUS to get all of their "troops" out, posting and activated according to my sources within.

                                      Nope Angela..not going to give you their names either.
                                      The Elephant in the room

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by SummerRose View Post
                                        Imarily

                                        People/companies do pay for inspections in many cases. Look up "fee for service inspection" and you'll find plenty of examples in many (most?) inspection agencies, including FSIS. (In fact, I think all of the meat inspection for exotics either is or was done on a fee-for-service basis). Someone mentioned earlier that it was vetoed for horsemeat inspection and this is true - USDA was going to add horsemeat to the "voluntary" exotics fee schedule but that was vetoed (I'm on my phone - taking a perfectly legal break from my federal inspection job that is primarily paid for by inspecting fees - so I can't link references right now but it was 9 CFR 352.19).

                                        While corruption can and does occur anywhere, it has not been my experience that charging fees for inspection makes any difference - good or bad - to the integrity of the inspector.

                                        Are you sure you aren't confusing meat grading with meat inspection?

                                        From the USDA website:

                                        Inspection & Grading of Meat and Poultry: What Are the Differences?

                                        The inspection and grading of meat and poultry are two separate programs within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Inspection for wholesomeness is mandatory and is paid for with public funds. Grading for quality is voluntary, and the service is requested and paid for by meat and poultry producers/processors.


                                        Fee for inspection for horses was available Ante-mortem.

                                        FSIS Establishes Fee-For-Service Program for Ante-Mortem Inspection of Horses

                                        More on 9 CFR 352.19:

                                        9 CFR 352.19 - Ante-mortem inspection and applicable requirements.

                                        § 352.19
                                        Ante-mortem inspection and applicable requirements.
                                        Notwithstanding part 309 of this subchapter, an official establishment that wishes to slaughter horses can apply for voluntary ante-mortem inspection according to § 352.3. Such establishments shall pay the applicable base time, overtime, and holiday rates for ante-mortem inspection in accordance with § 352.5. Such ante-mortem inspection shall be made in pens on the premises of the establishment at which the horses are offered for slaughter in accordance with § 309.1(b),
                                        Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
                                        http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
                                        http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                                          Sadly they seem to go hand in hand.

                                          HSUS does influence some local hs and spca groupings however they do not have the power they exert in the U.S.

                                          Many posters try and imply or state that what happened in the states previous is STILL the way it is done in Canada.

                                          I truly believe it can be done humanely (as humanely as killing anything can be done) and I do understand there are many who hate any thought of death.


                                          I believe it would be better if it could be done locally. Also wonder why vets are not encouraged to euthanize with something other than chemicals - as they used to do.

                                          I refuse to turn over the cats dumped at my kennel, to the local county and they gas all unwanted pets. I have seen how long it takes to kill them and the suffering. However paying out a couple of grand to have them needled is not in my budget

                                          We all make decisions. While I choose NOT to gas them others for any and all reasons choose to turn their excess cats over to the county

                                          I have no problem with that. I support the program for others even though I CHOOSE not to use it.

                                          Slaughter is no different. It is only ONE piece of the puzzle.

                                          One of my issues with slaughter for human consumption is this: If we put horses in the food chain, IMHO we are encouraging a whole different business. As in what's happening in Spain. They end up breeding for the meat market and only end up using 4 y.o. horses as they are much more tender. Then why is that any kind of a solution for actual unusable horses?? The numbers don't seem to work for me.

                                          What is troubling to me are those who bemoan the three women saving only ONE pregnant mare while attacking the commercial buyer of the rest of the horses. NEITHER should be attacked and they should be applauded.

                                          The commercial buyer is still SAVING a few...and hopefully they might have great lives. The women are the same (saving two actually)

                                          Slaughter is there however to help with the rest.

                                          The anti slaughter advocates immediate shut up when it was pointed out that these horses were seized from a born free philosophy letting them roam as mother nature intended and as THEY..(what ever you decide to call them) clearly stated SHOULD happen.


                                          See now those are the people that could actually be called a RARA - they know nothing about actual animals. My horses aren't quite hot house flowers - but they aren't far off either.

                                          HSUS and these groups actively told congress and every listening ear that the system would absorb ALL unwanted horses so there was absolutely no heed.

                                          But they still support no slaughter as this allows THEIR rescues to selectively seize horses where there is almost a guarantee they will be able to file for huge rescue fees.

                                          One of the new rescues for an established group stated approsimately $2000 per horse...and yet...the Alberta SPCA stated it would cost around $350.00 for a few months care...$10,000 for the herd.

                                          Herein lies the problem They are against slaughter, because they can charge volunteer time to pet ginger at a rate of $10.0) as a socialization fee. The Alberta SPCA does not do that.

                                          When these topics arise, it is insinuated and on this thread stated, that the horse meat probably .... probably came from Canada...then they go on a drug run...and insinuate North American horse meat is mislabled and when they are proven wrong..they go silent or change tactics.

                                          That is why I mention HSUS and RARA groups.

                                          There is a HUGE push by HSUS to get all of their "troops" out, posting and activated according to my sources within.

                                          Nope Angela..not going to give you their names either.
                                          I would imagine that alot of horse meat does come from Canada. I do not know what the exact percentages are. Is horsemeat mislabeled?? Probably.
                                          The system as it is seems somewhat of a joke. Anything that comes out of the US does not seem to have proper information with it. There is too much argument about the drugs in the system of one hell of a lot of horses that come from the US. What the tests should be and how they should be done. Too many loopholes and not enough accountability.

                                          No matter what I'm eating, I would like to know what's in it. Everything from meat to margarine.(Ok I don't eat margarine.)

                                          Our food system in general is struggling - there are so many ingredients that we can no longer get in the US that come from China or elsewhere - re: the pet food recalls.
                                          I believe Purina is recalling some horse feeds at the moment as well.

                                          I also agree that there are bad rescues and good rescues.
                                          I donate feed now and again to the local ones but also donate my time to another local rescue.

                                          I also recognize that HSUS PETA et al have their own agenda. Does not mean I am going to be so fearful that I support no animal welfare whatsoever.
                                          The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                                          H. Cate

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X