• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Parelli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crackerdog View Post
    You cannot do Parelli without hitting your horse, it's part of their program.

Comment

Cayleigh, as other posters have already stated, this thread is not going to go well. If you truly are "not trying to start anything," I would suggest walking away from this now.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahandSam View Post
        Gots me some sushi and a nice bottle of imperial stout. Ready for the show!
        May I have a seat? I brought hot biscuits and pale ale......

Originally posted by SarahandSam View Post
        ...just to actually begin with something that might be helpful, why do you say that you "know your horses need it"?
        I was wondering the same thing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhco View Post
          Better yet for all of us, do not feed the troll
          it's cold out!

Comment

Fee, fie, foe, fum, I smell a 4 letter word starting with T.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayleigh View Post
              I so far really like Parelli. I have seen improvments in both of my horses with just two sessions. People say he abuses horse, well he is not going to be fiscally training my horses, I am and I'm not going to hit my horses. People say he says people dont need to where a helmet, well that's where common sense kicks in. Besides lots of people don't think you need to wear one. As for the prices, look at Clinton Anderson and most big trainers. People at my barn use Parelli and there horses are amazing. Some people think Natural Horsemanship is dumb because you have to force your horse to do things and they think you have to show your horse who's boss. Natural Horsemanship takes what they naturally do in the wild and had you do it so the horse understands you better. People say he trains horse to e his equal, which is not true. He is the leader but he does it in a friendly, more natural way be doesn't go straight to forcing a horse to do something he does it in the same order horses do naturally. Suggest, ask, tell, promise.
              Lets put it this way, there are better, more sensible ways to train horses than trying to get your horse to think you are a horse.

Comment

• Original Poster

No the dont lunge into a trailer, it's the reward and pressure and that stuff

Comment

I say my horses need it because one is very skiddish and nervous and the other is really excitable, doesn't like to go slow and is very hard headed.
                  Yeah, no trainer has ever, ever dealt with horses like that. Only Parelli LOL.

Comment

Heads up guys she isn't a troll just a kid. I think 16 and she has posted on the "Horse Care" section before. Get an experienced horsemen to help you Cayleigh and go from there.

Comment

We tried Parelli once with Willow. Guess what happened? Not a damn thing other than I almost took my eye out with the damn stick. DH suggested that maybe they make the stick such a bright color so you can avoid doing what I did. The savvy string, he said, was there so you could flog yourself when you find out you've invested your life savings in this load of cr*p.

Comment

Originally posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' View Post
                        Parelli I have an extra problem with because he lies to people.
                        Yeah, and he sorta 'didn't tell the truth' when fell off the colt at some shindig and couldn't admit he fell of, had to say he fell into the well and then fell off. Excepting only bullriders fall into the wells because of the way a lot of high caliber bulls buck. Horses don't buck like that. I couldn't believe people believed him and gave him the doubt but I feel he knows they will and he can.

Okay, now back to reading the train-wreck, shaping up to be a good one, I must say!! By the by, can someone drink some alcoholic goodness for me?? I'm still taking a lot of prescrip meds and have to stay on the straight and narrow. Thanks in advance...

Back to reading now....
                        GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhco View Post
                          Better yet for all of us, do not feed the troll
                          No, no I say. Let's let it go for a bit...as if it were going to stop quickly. Cayleigh is highly entertaining....

Yeah, about 7, where has he BEEN??

Comment

The only thing good about Pat is that his wife is even worse.
                            You are what you dare.

Comment

I so far really like Parelli. I have seen improvments in both of my horses with just two sessions.
                              wonderful. But the problem sets in when the followers do nothing but. And they do.

People say he abuses horse,
                              he has been around for a while, and people know him from before he was the snake oil salesman. I have watched in utter disbelieve how Linda yanked and hauled around on a horse, resulting in smacking it....for no obvious, apparent or understandable reason. My family, many generation horse people would have strangled me with the lead rope should I have ever considered laying into a horse like that for no other reason than to prove a point. That was not a short segment either, but a long, edited to be shorter session, originally in an instructional video. That was - from an 'unnatural' horseman point of view extremly abusive!
                              The do watch the video on the taming of Catwalk. I did not watch all of it, but I hear it was really ugly.
                              Oh, and nothing 'natural about it. Horses do not tie their legs up in the wild.
                              well he is not going to be fiscally training my horses
                              physically. because the program WILL fiscally drain you. Snake oil. nuff said.
                              I am and I'm not going to hit my horses.
                              never say never. It is on occasion necessary. Just ask Linda.
                              People say he says people dont need to where a helmet, well that's where common sense kicks in.
                              yes, he said it. Time and time again, on his website. because a horse is like totally safe and never missteps when parrelicized.
                              Besides lots of people don't think you need to wear one.
                              and lots of people smoke....
                              As for the prices, look at Clinton Anderson and most big trainers.
                              CA has a sexy accent and a cute butt I have been told, but is a snake oil salesman. Not quiet as good as PP tho.
                              the other big names do actually teach riders, not just send them a DVD and wish them the best of luck.
                              People at my barn use Parelli and there horses are amazing.
                              great to hear.
                              Some people think Natural Horsemanship is dumb because you have to force your horse to do things and they think you have to show your horse who's boss. Natural Horsemanship takes what they naturally do in the wild and had you do it so the horse understands you better.
                              (gosh we need the rolling one for this type of response.
                              No. Simply no.
                              As soon as you throw hay to your beast, it's not natural any more. As soon as you put a halter on, use that dang carrot stick. nature? pft, out the barn door.
                              Sometimes you do have to show the horse who the boss mare is. THAT actually is natural. And work it past the point of resistance. A little. Like kids.

People say he trains horse to e his equal, which is not true. He is the leader but he does it in a friendly, more natural way be doesn't go straight to forcing a horse to do something he does it in the same order horses do naturally. Suggest, ask, tell, promise.
                              seriously....read something else but his infomercial.
                              There are TONS of great trainers out there.
                              Some of the mainstream ones are phenomenal in the understanding of the horse.
                              something one cannot accuse PP off. Not even on a good day.

Start with Xenophon, the father of all big name trainers.
                              what's his name whom Linda actually bothered to take lessons from. He actually preceeds both of them and has probably forgotten more about riding and horsemanship than both combined will ever know.

Buck Brannaman, I do believe is one of the old guard.
                              Tom Durrance ODG for sure, but a great one.
                              Hell, even Monty Roberts is not as bad as PP.

A horse is a horse, of course of course.
                              and humans aren't.
                              I stand by my suggestion to read up on Linda Tellington-Jones.
                              She actually has a scientific base for her theory.
                              She sat in a lecture by Moshe Feldenkrais and felt compelled to try this on horses. much cheaper, less levels, less snakeoil.
                              From what I have tried, it works...besides, the lady seems to have a real feel for horses.
                              What I have seen about PP? Not so much.

Alas. you have made up your mind.
                              I do wish you luck on the journey.

BTW: much of his gear you can purchase at the local farm supply store for a fraction of the savy cost. And no membership needed.

Comment

Originally posted by goneriding24 View Post
                                By the by, can someone drink some alcoholic goodness for me?? I'm still taking a lot of prescrip meds and have to stay on the straight and narrow. Thanks in advance...

Back to reading now....
                                consider it done!
                                (no, really, DONE! )

Comment

If Cayleigh is really 16, and she sounds it, I actually feel a bit bad for her. If she were an older person and all the warnings, that's one thing, but a kid?, kinda feel badly for her.

Comment

Originally posted by goneriding24 View Post
                                    If Cayleigh is really 16, and she sounds it, I actually feel a bit bad for her. If she were an older person and all the warnings, that's one thing, but a kid?, kinda feel badly for her.
                                    16 is nearly grown.
                                    But not old enough to barg into a room full of strangers and basically telling them they are all a bunch of mean, hatin horse abusers, for forcing them to do stuff.

When I was 16 that would have gone over like a lead balloon.
                                    Similar to what Linda did to that poor one eyed horse!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by caballero View Post
                                      Yeah, no trainer has ever, ever dealt with horses like that. Only Parelli LOL.
                                      I'm not saying Parelli I the only way, I didn't say it in the post either, that was my reasoning for starting Parelli again. I hav been to a trainer but it didn't help a ton and Parelli is the best training system I have found. I tried Sylvia Scott but if your horse didnt do what she said it would then you were out of luck. She didnt tell you what to do if that didnt work where as Parelli does. Plus it's a complete system that is easy to follow.

Comment

Seriously, where is 7?? Nothing bad has befallen him, I hope?? Yes, I'm saying it, I'm concerned.

Comment

I'm not saying Parelli I the only way, I didn't say it in the post either, that was my reasoning for starting Parelli again. I hav been to a trainer but it didn't help a ton and Parelli is the best training system I have found. I tried Sylvia Scott but if your horse didnt do what she said it would then you were out of luck. She didnt tell you what to do if that didnt work where as Parelli does. Plus it's a complete system that is easy to follow.
                                          Go with peace then. Merry Christmas!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X