• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Trying to find pervious owner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find pervious owner

We just rescued an OTTB from Camelot. He's 14 years old and has in the past been very much loved that is very evident. Why he ended up in this situation we have no idea but would love to find out. His racing name was Great Warrior if anyone out there has heard of him please let me know. He now has a forever home but I would love to contact his pervious owner/owners to let them know he's fine

Check with Equibase.com. Looks like your fellow last raced in 2007.

Comment

Post on the Racing forum here.

The economy is only getting worse. Maybe they just could not afford him. *sad*
      "Police officers are public servants. Not James Bond with a license to kill."

Comment

• Original Poster

I spoke to the owner and trainer today. He told me he was sold to a lady (no name) and that she really loved him and showed him but then she must have sold him two years ago because he got a call 2 years ago asking the same questions as me. He really is a sweetheart

Comment

He is lucky to have ended up with you.

Comment

Omg!!! That's my horse! What the freak? I placed him with someone who said she was going to show him and hunt him!!! In fact, i just asked how he was doing and she said he was fine an getting fit to hunt. i am shaking with anger right now, Please PM me.

Comment

Btw, he's a 16.3h bay with a long skinny stripe and no white on his legs. He grinds his teeth when nervous and droops his lip when he's bored. He's hocky behind and arthritic, but a real sweetheart and he loves loves loves peppermints.

Comment

Well, if it IS the same horse as OneGrayPony's, then I think this is good because clearly, the new owner is geeked about the critter. OGP, if it really is your horse, I hope you'll take joy in knowing he's with someone who cares--enough to go looking even. I hope this won't be a "problem". Even if you got screwed/lied to/whatever, I sure hope you'll be kind to the OP. Not that you wouldn't, but I can imagine being upset if I were in your shoes.

Best wishes to all!
                A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Comment

Amazing.

Comment

Oh I am tremendously grateful to the OP, just absolutely sick over the situation. We just spoke on the phone and we confirmed his identity. Apparently big nice barns, with contracts and people who are well known are also not safe. The person who he was placed with is my Facebook friend and told me he was doing great as recently as the 28th. I am so so glad he was pulled. So so grateful to the op that she has him

Comment

I think it is great that OP got him at the auction.

And sad that someone else would lie to his former owner while sending him off to auction.

I hope he has a long and happy life in his new home.

Comment

((hugs)) OGP. I'm sorry. But this is a happy ending as far as I can see. Glad you all got to chat! That will be helpful for both of you I bet.
                        A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Comment

Oh wow. I'm so sorry OGP.

Thank goodness that the OP made a thread to find out info, who knows what would have happened of she didn't buy him!

I would be raging mad too, if I had safeguards in place, and had actual conformation that the horse was doing great!! I hope you call the person you sold him to and have a little chit chat.

Comment

• Original Poster

Yes I have spoken to the pervious owner. A happy ending for all involved especially Great Warrior who has already wormed his way into everyone's hearts :-) A very quick response indeed Yeah more pepermints for him tomorrow

Comment

Holy crap. Thank goodness for him and all his connections.

I feel like going out and locking the barn door, people are simply crazy.
                              "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
                              ---
                              The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Comment

What a lucky fella! Dang, this gave me chills just thinking about what might have happened. OGP--I think it's time you had a "chat" with your "friend."
                                Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Comment

I'd be having some very choice words to say to the person who lied about the horse ... to say the very least !

Thank goodness that he's safe and obviously being spoiled rotten - he's one of the lucky ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxyllsk View Post
                                    I'd be having some very choice words to say to the person who lied about the horse ... to say the very least ! .
                                    I wouldn't bother as it was THEIR horse at that point, but I'd sure make a note not to give them a dog I didn't like in future, never mind another horse...
                                    Author Page
                                    Like Omens In the Night on Facebook
                                    Steampunk Sweethearts

Comment

Maybe he was their horse, but she blatantly lied to her "friend"... I think outing her on FB would be just rewards...
                                      What a beautiful ending! Thank you OP and so glad for you OGP that you could reconnect and know that your horse is safe and loved.
                                      Last edited by FalseImpression; Dec. 13, 2012, 02:20 AM.

Comment

He was standing on Camelot's lot when I was told that he was doing great. Same day. That's not even remotely a gray area. What I don't understand is what she was going to tell me when I stopped by as planned on December. He was only a few hours away and I was just making plans to head that way for a shindig on the 21st.

Of course, I'm still trying to process all of this. From what I am learning now, she traded him to someone else earlier in November, after showing him in October and winning quite a few blue ribbons. I am still trying to track down what happened from there. Am I upset? Yes. And grateful. And puzzled. He needed some hock injections and maintenance but he is a very fancy and well broke horse, who I hope very much will make his new owners happy, like he made me. It doesn't even seem like anyone tried to sell him anywhere else, which I do not understand.

So, I feel simultaneously great that he's in a good place and loved and just devastated that he had to be rescued at all. What a bizarre feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                        X