• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Albion area MI peeps:Anyone heard of Circle S Ranch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albion area MI peeps:Anyone heard of Circle S Ranch?

Posting as an alter as I'm not really sure what I'm getting myself into.

Has anyone heard, seen, been to, dealt with this place?

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com/index.html

I've got a not-so-horse-savvy family member potentially getting into a "situation" and I'm wondering if I should speak up, get involved or just run straight for the hills far, far away. Not much I'm really willing to say as I'd like to keep this anonymous for myself and said family member. I'm not looking to stir drama, run anyone into the ground, be ran into the ground myself or anything like that. Just looking for facts and input from anyone from the area who may happen to be "in the know". I'm hearing...things...about this "ranch". I'm torn between sticking my head in the sand and screaming "lalalalalalala" or doing everything I can to drag family member away from a potentially bad experience.

I will say, it involves purchasing a horse with no vet check and a possible breeding to this stallion with a "free" stud fee:

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com...s-at-stud.html

Anyone got anything to share? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post and folks, please go easy on me as I know these anonymous posts don't always go over well. I'm just really torn and not wanting anything to do with the situation but at the same time...well it's family and all.

I'm in NC and haven't heard of them, but from that web site, I'd say RUN AWAY. Fast. Omg...
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Comment

IIWMy family, I'd be trying to find another option for them or completely divorcing myself from the situation.

That website has too many moments, both pics & text, to make me comfortable pointing anyone in that direction.

Example:
      Their lesson page states "dress appropriately" right next to a photo of a chick in hotpants standing on a horse's back.
      W.T.F.
      *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
      Steppin' Out 1988-2004
      Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
      Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
        IIWMy family, I'd be trying to find another option for them or completely divorcing myself from the situation.
        And that is my quandary.

I cannot decide if I should stay out of it or go ahead and "step in it". I've heard it could get ugly if I do.

I guess I was hoping that by posting this, I'd either get told "naw, they aren't that bad to deal with" or something along those lines.

Honestly if they are as crazy as I've heard I would have thought I'd get a little feedback verifying that here on COTH. People here always seem to be in the know.

I know the "ranch" recently changed names, same people. It used to be Circle S I believe? And the name of the girl running it is Melissa Sawiki. I'm really hoping for some first-hand accounts because all I've heard at this point is friend-of-a-friend type rumors. Don't know if I should have the "this is why you don't need a pregnant mare/foal" talk with said relative, if I do everything I can to keep her out of the situation altogether or if I'm dealing with a sinking ship situation and should just bail. Relative somewhat listens to me but right now she's got a too-good-to-be-true line of bull being whispered in her ear and dreams of a foal dancing in her head. Sigh.

Comment

Appalled!

Originally posted by Alter4aDay View Post
          Posting as an alter as I'm not really sure what I'm getting myself into.

Has anyone heard, seen, been to, dealt with this place?

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com/index.html

I've got a not-so-horse-savvy family member potentially getting into a "situation" and I'm wondering if I should speak up, get involved or just run straight for the hills far, far away. Not much I'm really willing to say as I'd like to keep this anonymous for myself and said family member. I'm not looking to stir drama, run anyone into the ground, be ran into the ground myself or anything like that. Just looking for facts and input from anyone from the area who may happen to be "in the know". I'm hearing...things...about this "ranch". I'm torn between sticking my head in the sand and screaming "lalalalalalala" or doing everything I can to drag family member away from a potentially bad experience.

I will say, it involves purchasing a horse with no vet check and a possible breeding to this stallion with a "free" stud fee:

http://circlesranchhorses.weebly.com...s-at-stud.html

Anyone got anything to share? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post and folks, please go easy on me as I know these anonymous posts don't always go over well. I'm just really torn and not wanting anything to do with the situation but at the same time...well it's family and all.

Im Appalled at this. all your facts and information is completely wrong. just as much as the Vendetta posts on the internet.
          First off, Circle S Ranch HAS ALWAYS been the same for 14years now. never has it changed its names or archways.

Second. Melissa Sawicki (i) DO NOT own or RUN Circle S Ranch.
          i only TRAIN there and handle the Sales.

Third. Run to the hills? what are you children. im trying to guess which client i need to have a discussion with. also i have photo shot this and can and will take this to a prosecuting attorney, as this is SLANDER since its based on NO true fact. and is a personal vendetta to ruin my reputation and if ANYONE has personally had BUSINESS experiences with me its always been very good, classy and appropriate.

Fourth. what happened to "if you dont have nothing nice to say don't say nothing!" rule, and society itself i was brought up, to not judge, not be RACIST, and to be polite and respectful. unlike so many of the so called "horse community...

Fifth. I have SOLID proof in several forms about the vendetta placed about me, is complete lies.

If you have a problem, message me or CALL ME or even COME to the Ranch i will be there.
          don't HIDE behind a computer screen like SCARED Children...
          Thank you for your time.

Comment

I love it. This just made my night.
            "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Comment

Originally posted by Long Spot View Post
              I love it. This just made my night.
              Yep, me too.

Popcorn?

Comment

I have some wine.... even though it's morning, it's 5:00 somewhere...

Psst.... Slander is spoken, Libel is written. May want to get the facts straight.
                I don't always feel up to arguing with your ignorance

Comment

Well that escalated quickly. Anyone care to pass the wine? No popcorn please, it gets stuck in my teeth.

Comment

I didn't even notice the libel/slander thing. I was too amused by the vendetta being placed around her.
                    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Comment

LOL, so criticizing the website and being suspicious of a deal that involves breeding a mare (I'd be curious as they aren't listing any stallions at stud) with newbie owner is "RACIST"? That's the new go-to 'your argument is invalid,' eh?

Don't know these people, have never heard of them (Albion's probably an hour or so from here, so that doesn't mean much.) The website isn't one that would make me buy a horse or send a newbie for lessons-website building, okay, that's not easy, but spelling and grammar should be. The bareback, helmetless, Daisy Dukes, sloppy-dress stuff (I'm not a boots-breeches-and-polo Nazi but neat jeans and a Troxel aren't expensive) isn't really selling the place to me. But if the horses really are bomb-proof someone looking for just trail-riding probably would be all right.

I would normally say the boarding rates are overpriced for the area (you can get a 'family-farm' place stall board with grain for less) but given hay prices, it's probably fair, especially if they're having to buy hay rather than grow it (or they grow their own and the cuttings were bad-our weather was horribly timed this year for hay.)
                      Author Page
                      Like Omens In the Night on Facebook
                      Steampunk Sweethearts

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaSawicki View Post
                        Im Appalled at this. all your facts and information is completely wrong. just as much as the Vendetta posts on the internet.
                        First off, Circle S Ranch HAS ALWAYS been the same for 14years now. never has it changed its names or archways.

Second. Melissa Sawicki (i) DO NOT own or RUN Circle S Ranch.
                        i only TRAIN there and handle the Sales.

Third. Run to the hills? what are you children. im trying to guess which client i need to have a discussion with. also i have photo shot this and can and will take this to a prosecuting attorney, as this is SLANDER since its based on NO true fact. and is a personal vendetta to ruin my reputation and if ANYONE has personally had BUSINESS experiences with me its always been very good, classy and appropriate.

Fourth. what happened to "if you dont have nothing nice to say don't say nothing!" rule, and society itself i was brought up, to not judge, not be RACIST, and to be polite and respectful. unlike so many of the so called "horse community...

Fifth. I have SOLID proof in several forms about the vendetta placed about me, is complete lies.

If you have a problem, message me or CALL ME or even COME to the Ranch i will be there.
                        don't HIDE behind a computer screen like SCARED Children...
                        Thank you for your time.

this response seems representative of the inividual "who" would have a client relaionship with ...
                        I'd be inclined to direct "who" to this topic & allow them to make up their own minds.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaSawicki View Post
                          Well, the random punctuation in this posts certainly matches the website. Good to see some consistency!

Comment

Yep.

I think "the Vendetta" from this thread must be in the same family as "correct Attire" from the website. Just random capitalization of letters. Perhaps for emphasis? It's a distinct style, at any rate.

But don't mind me. I'm a racist. Not sure how that happened or how it works, but it's been said, so...ya know.
                            "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Comment

I would run away. Anywhere that only has pictures of themselves standing up on a horse and nothing else sounds like a backyard nightmare.
                              Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
                              The Blog

Comment

Well good to know it isn't that horrible VAndetta that was going on around here at an earlier date. WOW there is are more pictures of ppl standing on horses than sitting on them. Am I just out of touch with times and this is the "thing to do" now?

The "trail boss" also needs to work on his hunkered over position

I hate being a racist, ya know with Bi-racial children and all. How did that happen? I am also engaged to a black man (getting married on 12/12/12 Guess I'm in denial...
                                Draumr Hesta Farm
                                "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"
                                Member of the COTH Ignorant Disrepectful F-bombs!*- 2Dogs Farm

Comment

So lesson and training main pics feature someone STANDING on a horse sans helmet no less....but they SAY they require helmets. I looked at several pics, never saw a helmet just God awful pictures.

And at 300/mo for pasture board with shelter? Uh, no. Not in Albion.

I just left MI, but I'm not an idiot. You can find great care in that area for similar or less $$. Just the pics alone would send me running crazily away.

Whomever thinks that pics of STANDING ON A HORSE--ya know, a super useful skill--is the primary selling point has to be a whackadoodle. Sorry. <shrugs>
                                  A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Comment

FYI, it's libel if it's written, and it ain't libel if it's true. Slander is spoken. Just wanted to clarify. And either way, you'd have to A) prove it's not true and then B) prove that you lost money as a result to have any actionable claim as I understand it. But I'm not an attorney nor do I play one on TV.

Don't take my word for it of course:

http://defamation.laws.com/defamatio...bel-vs-slander
                                    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyRoo View Post
                                      So lesson and training main pics feature someone STANDING on a horse sans helmet no less....but they SAY they require helmets. I looked at several pics, never saw a helmet just God awful pictures.

Whomever thinks that pics of STANDING ON A HORSE--ya know, a super useful skill--is the primary selling point has to be a whackadoodle. Sorry. <shrugs>
                                      I have been sort of picturing in my head the scene of how that happens in lessons.

"Today is your 4th lesson, so it's time to start working on standing UP on the horse. Uh, trotting? Developing a seat? No, no, we need to start working on your balance. So that soon, you'll be able to stand UP on the horse. It's very important. You never know when you are going to need to see over something. So next time when you come, be sure to wear your tiny shorts if you're a girl and no shirt if you're a guy. Yes, that's important too. You need to be able to move freely. Tha'll be $20."
                                      "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Comment

If it is a Michigan barn, anything is possible! Just saying!
                                        ETA, Holy cow, I just looked at the pictures. Man I knew it was another Yahoo barn. Check out the guy with the back tat standing on the paint!
                                        All one has to do is read the training page to get a clue as to the quality training facility it is!

Comment

Working...
                                        X