Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

528KerwinHill-003-HDRInternet
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Charlie Gibson Horse Transport & Tapps Horse Transportation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Gibson Horse Transport & Tapps Horse Transportation

Has anyone heard of Charlie Gibson Horse Transport or Tapps Horse Transportation? I am looking for references. I have read all sorts of online reviews of both being absolutely fabulous to deal with, and I want to make sure this is true! I have had THREE bad dealings with three separate haulers that have ripped me off or tried to rip me off on this haul so far, and I could really use "Hauler #4" to be SUPER AWESOME.

Please feel free to post or PM your experiences.
    Lorelei Farm - Welsh and Riding Ponies - Visit us on Facebook!
    Breeding show quality Welsh Ponies for hunters, dressage and driving!

I've never dealt with Charlie Gibson Horse Transport. However I recommend Tapp to all of my clients who need a shipper to bring their retiree to our farm. Over the years Tapp has been here probably 30 times and every time it has been a pleasure to work with them. They were just here about three weeks ago.
    www.retiredhorses.com
    Blogging about daily life on the retirement farm: http://paradigmfarms.blogspot.com/
    Paradigm Farms on Facebook

Comment

I used Tapp a few years ago to bring my horse from Ohio to Virginia. They were great to deal with and even moved him to a box stall from his straight stall when the horse in it got off. They were running a bit late, but kept in touch with me the whole time so I knew when to expect them.
      According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

Comment

Used Tapp twice in the past couple of years with excellent service both times.

Comment

I have used Charlie a lot over the years. He's an excellent horseman and my horses always arrive in fabulous shape. I would highly recommend him.

Comment

I have never used the Tapps, but they are my neighbors.
            Speaking from experience dealing with them and seeing how they take care of their own horses; The Tapps are extremely nice, honest, and well respected among the local horse community.
            Things happen for a reason...so when I reach over and smack you upside the head, just remember...you gave me a reason!

Comment

I would reccoment Tapp without reservation.

Comment

Charlie Gibson is taking a racing mare for me from Portland to Ft. Collins, CO this weekend. I found his rate to be very competitive. He came highly recommended from someone in the COTH community. I checked him out and have heard nothing but good things about him both as a transporter and a horseman. I like that he and his wife do the hauling and he's very easy to reach and he was able to give me very definite dates for pickup and delivery. Horse arrives Sunday morning so I'll know more then, LOL.

Comment

I used Charlie Gibson Horse Transport to move 4 horses from Socal to the Puget Sound area in Washington. It was actually his wife who transported them and she was great. No nonsense, good horsewoman. They sent a 4 horse head to head, were on time, and were great about communicating with us. Our horses arrived in just as good of condition as when they went on the trailer.
                  My blog: Crackerdog Farm

Comment

I used Tapp 3 years ago and had a good experience, they had to hold my horse for a few days; called me every day to update. Called a few days before departure to confirm, called again the morning of to tell me the time trailer would arrive.
                    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

Comment

Just wanted to give Charlie Gibson Horse Transport a big THUMBS UP. I shipped a racing mare from Portland to Ft. Collins. She arrived last night in good condition. Communication with Charlie was frequent, and excellent! He kept us updated about pickup and delivery times all along the way, and the horse arrived within 1 hour of ETA. I loved that I could reach him on his cell phone in the truck. He even upgraded the horse to a box stall at no extra charge when he noted that she was 'antsy' in the van and he was concerned about her stress level.

Comment

I used Tapp a few times and have been pretty happy with their trailering. They did keep a horse of mine at their farm in Lexington for a few days while organizing the next leg of his trip. He was fine, but it kind of killed me that he spent about 3 days in Lexington, KY when he was only 5 hours away from his final destination. The actual trailering, though, I was happy with and horses arrived looking good. I wasn't overly crazy about the days in Lexington, though, and have used Equine Express since then.

Comment

Working...
                        X