• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Assaulting our rights to own and use horses:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Original Poster

    All of us are young at some time and have had to figure for ourselves how the world works.
    Ignorance is easy to remedy, learn more.

    Lack of learning interest, call it whatever you want, idiocy is just one possible cause, that can't be helped.

    I too grew up with animal stories sitting in for humans as fables, so had a hard time separating animals as the animals they are and animals as representation for human stories.
    I talked to all animals and heard their responses.
    Yes, as a kid communication is not necessarily divided into spoken and all other.
    Body language and learning to infer from that what another being is saying is par for the course for me still today.

    As a very young kid, one of my chores was taking care of the rabbits we raised, that once grown were sent to the local restaurant.
    Heck I had never been in that fancy restaurant, or any other, really, just heard that is where the rabbits went and how nice a place it was.

    I think I was in my teens, long after I was not caring for the rabbits any more, that I realized one day what the rabbits were doing in that restaurant, being the meat in some plate.
    What a surprise!

    All of us have stories like that, it is part of who we are, we learn thru our lives and the more we learn, the more we find to question, as our horizons expand.

    I think that the trick to our awareness of the world around us being realistic is where being a bit more interested in thinking thru more than just what is obvious or following thoughtlessly what others tell us.

    -
    -
    -

    Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
    The Humane Society Legislative Fund is now running a new TV ad opposing one of the most anti-animal politicians in Congress. Our ad exposes the terrible voting record on animal cruelty issues of Representative Steve King, (R-Iowa).

    Please watch the TV ad today, and make a generous donation to support ads like this in races across the country. <http://action.humanesociety.org/site/R?i=XQry8q0PIatG8Zq7x8QjPw> Your gift will help us fight back against anti-animal politicians like Steve King—and support our work to pass state and federal legislation to help animals.

    In addition to fighting anti-animal politicians this election season, we're also working to support our humane leaders in Congress and re-elect lawmakers who are standing up for the values of kindness and compassion. And we’re fighting for stronger animal protection laws, such as banning spectators at animal fights, ending invasive research on chimpanzees, and cracking down on puppy mill abuses.

    Politicians need to know that voters care about the humane treatment of animals, and will hold them accountable for being out of step with mainstream values. Remember, there are only 22 days left…and the animals can’t wait. With your help, we'll give the animals a voice this Election Day. <http://action.humanesociety.org/site/R?i=YrKbCPRJ2HDTN4UFaOnSDQ>


    Thank you for your support, and for all you do for animals.

    Sincerely,

    mike_sig_blue.gif<http://action.humanesociety.org/site/../images/content/pagebuilder/14359.gif>

    Mike Markarian
    President
    Humane Society Legislative Fund


    And yet..they support Michael Vicks and have stated he would make a great dog owner...the man never uttered one word of remorse after torturing so many of his fighting dogs..

    I thought non-profits were not permitted to pay for ads for any one candidate?

    Comment


    • Really?? Americans don't know where their food comes from? How pathetic is that? But I wonder if that is true.

      Geez, Since we are a nation of fast food gobblers, you can't tell me people haven't seen the huge billboard for Chick fil-A (or however it's spelled) with a 3-D cow saying "eat more chicken".

      If they can't tell from that they are eating cows and chickens, then their reading comprehension skills are pretty darn poor.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dispatcher View Post
        Really?? Americans don't know where their food comes from? How pathetic is that? But I wonder if that is true.

        Geez, Since we are a nation of fast food gobblers, you can't tell me people haven't seen the huge billboard for Chick fil-A (or however it's spelled) with a 3-D cow saying "eat more chicken".

        If they can't tell from that they are eating cows and chickens, then their reading comprehension skills are pretty darn poor.
        is that an assumption you would stake your farm on?
        Originally posted by BigMama1
        Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
        GNU Terry Prachett

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Alagirl View Post
          is that an assumption you would stake your farm on?
          tell me it ain't so!

          Comment


          • You need to get out more!
            Originally posted by BigMama1
            Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
            GNU Terry Prachett

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dispatcher View Post
              Really?? Americans don't know where their food comes from? How pathetic is that? But I wonder if that is true.

              Geez, Since we are a nation of fast food gobblers, you can't tell me people haven't seen the huge billboard for Chick fil-A (or however it's spelled) with a 3-D cow saying "eat more chicken".

              If they can't tell from that they are eating cows and chickens, then their reading comprehension skills are pretty darn poor.
              Your example of Chick-fil-A points out that we can save the dairy cows with faces (who can also stand upright and paint signs) by eating more chicken breast sandwiches / wraps / nuggets <not %100 sure Chick-fil-A does nuggets>, but regardless NO FACES. And, if I am a kid I get some kind of toy / prize -- possibly stuffed biped literate dairy cow. Obviously, as a consumer I get that this is a joke, because when I go to McDonalds for a hamburger -- no dairy cows anywhere & NO FACES.

              I graduated from highschool in 1987. As a kid, we shopped at the base commissary, which was like a supermarket; and there was a butcher there who could cut a steak for you or whatever -- and they did it where you could see. My step dad's father owned and ran an IGA store in their Southern Ill town; he was the butcher, and he stood in the back "butchering" all day. (NOT Slaughtering, but working w/ the huge animal -- not sure if carcass is correct term). And, my grandma, knew well the Winn Dixie butcher who would pull the carcass out and carve your desired meat piece right out; and there were big posters w/ the outline of a cow and pig showing where the different cuts of meat came from. By the time I got my first job as a cashier at the new Winn Dixie in high school, the "meat dept. " people and managers did all the butchering behind the scenes -- you had to buzz to talk to them, and they would come out, go to the back, "make" desired meat, and resurface w/ your packaged meat. I don't think the commissaries and super WalMarts have butchers on staff; I think it's shipped in packaged; and I doubt the big pig and cow meat cut posters are prominently displayed.

              Go forth and verify.
              Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ldaziens View Post
                Your example of Chick-fil-A points out that we can save the dairy cows with faces (who can also stand upright and paint signs) by eating more chicken breast sandwiches / wraps / nuggets <not %100 sure Chick-fil-A does nuggets>, but regardless NO FACES. And, if I am a kid I get some kind of toy / prize -- possibly stuffed biped literate dairy cow. Obviously, as a consumer I get that this is a joke, because when I go to McDonalds for a hamburger -- no dairy cows anywhere & NO FACES.

                I graduated from highschool in 1987. As a kid, we shopped at the base commissary, which was like a supermarket; and there was a butcher there who could cut a steak for you or whatever -- and they did it where you could see. My step dad's father owned and ran an IGA store in their Southern Ill town; he was the butcher, and he stood in the back "butchering" all day. (NOT Slaughtering, but working w/ the huge animal -- not sure if carcass is correct term). And, my grandma, knew well the Winn Dixie butcher who would pull the carcass out and carve your desired meat piece right out; and there were big posters w/ the outline of a cow and pig showing where the different cuts of meat came from. By the time I got my first job as a cashier at the new Winn Dixie in high school, the "meat dept. " people and managers did all the butchering behind the scenes -- you had to buzz to talk to them, and they would come out, go to the back, "make" desired meat, and resurface w/ your packaged meat. I don't think the commissaries and super WalMarts have butchers on staff; I think it's shipped in packaged; and I doubt the big pig and cow meat cut posters are prominently displayed.

                Go forth and verify.
                I have not seen a poster of that kind in eons.
                And the butcher has become a rarity, for sure.

                Add to that that many people live in 'food deserts', meaning they live nowhere near a grocery store....we are having a problem!
                Originally posted by BigMama1
                Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
                GNU Terry Prachett

                Comment


                • National Geographic had an article in the early 80's that stated, the family farm will dead in 25 years largely taken over by wealthy corporate interests. I didn't believe it but always kept the info in my head.

                  So many children missing out on a stunning childhood. *sigh*

                  Comment

                  • Original Poster

                    "Family farms" were feeding a few, the equivalent of mechanics making one car at the time in their shop behind their house.
                    We would not have many cars to drive if we didn't have become a bit more efficient, would we.

                    Don't lose sight that family farms would never have fed the 94 people per farmer we feed, clothe and provide energy for today.

                    It takes all that can and will raise agricultural products to have enough for all in the near future, small and large, unless someone hurries up to invent a magic matter transforming box, to keep our societies humming along with those basic needs covered.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                      ...
                      Ignorance is easy to remedy, learn more.
                      ...
                      As a very young kid, one of my chores was taking care of the rabbits we raised, that once grown were sent to the local restaurant.
                      Heck I had never been in that fancy restaurant, or any other, really, just heard that is where the rabbits went and how nice a place it was.

                      I think I was in my teens, long after I was not caring for the rabbits any more, that I realized one day what the rabbits were doing in that restaurant, being the meat in some plate.
                      What a surprise!

                      All of us have stories like that, it is part of who we are, we learn thru our lives and the more we learn, the more we find to question, as our horizons expand.

                      I think that the trick to our awareness of the world around us being realistic is where being a bit more interested in thinking thru more than just what is obvious or following thoughtlessly
                      I think the real problem -- well one of them -- comes when we don't know we are ignorant on a subject.

                      I love your rabbit story.

                      I know that I can't count the times that - long after the fact, I'm like, "Ohhhhhhhhh... THAT'S what that meant". This has gotten exponentially more frequent as my hearing has sloooowly gotten worse plus I'm near sighted, so aside from being oblivious to stuff I actually do see &/or hear; now I'm actually missing stuff. I'm have been procrastinating on actually going in to find out how MUCH I am missing.

                      It's funny, when I turned 21, I had no idea that that was the "smartest" I'd ever be. At 21 I knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING; and looked forward to building on that infinite wisdom -- unlike my parents and grandparents who were so obviously out of touch and clueless And, I have always been the Queen of learning things the HARD WAY -- that has not changed so much except that I do think I have gotten at least slightly better at realizing that perhaps I need to stop and reassess things. And thank God I can laugh at myself.

                      So, yup, youth is youth.
                      Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ldaziens View Post
                        I think the real problem -- well one of them -- comes when we don't know we are ignorant on a subject.

                        I love your rabbit story.

                        I know that I can't count the times that - long after the fact, I'm like, "Ohhhhhhhhh... THAT'S what that meant". This has gotten exponentially more frequent as my hearing has sloooowly gotten worse plus I'm near sighted, so aside from being oblivious to stuff I actually do see &/or hear; now I'm actually missing stuff. I'm have been procrastinating on actually going in to find out how MUCH I am missing.

                        It's funny, when I turned 21, I had no idea that that was the "smartest" I'd ever be. At 21 I knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING; and looked forward to building on that infinite wisdom -- unlike my parents and grandparents who were so obviously out of touch and clueless And, I have always been the Queen of learning things the HARD WAY -- that has not changed so much except that I do think I have gotten at least slightly better at realizing that perhaps I need to stop and reassess things. And thank God I can laugh at myself.

                        So, yup, youth is youth.
                        And wasted on the young!!!!
                        The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                        H. Cate

                        Comment


                        • Okay, I think this Fugly article exemplifies the concerns about animal rights idiots who present random nonsense as fact. I actually am very opposed to the Big Lick; and I know that I lean a little lefter and support a little stronger animal welfare guidelines than some here; and this article lit ME up like a Christmas Tree. I pasted the comment I submitted below, but I was hoping that more articulate and calmer minds might want to comment. I worry when people have to make up nonsense in order to write an article on a subject where plenty of legitimate facts exist for making the same argument.

                          http://fuglyblog.com/2012/10/22/gues...comment-125533

                          "That is the most non-coherant and completely ignorant article I can recall reading. It is, frankly, offensive and does absolutely nothing to support the fight against Big Lick.
                          I have a rescued former Big Lick horse that I keep at home on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I also believe in God, Gun Rights, and My Country. Many people might see my little farm and look down their nose at it — especially as we are still recovering from Isaac damage. And while my mare has registration papers, and, in fact was the Reserve Champion at the KY Celebration in the BIG LICK FREAK SHOW; I refuse to register her, because I will not send a dime to the TWHBEA. I would register her w/ the TWHBEA IF I had time / inclination to show her in non-Big Lick classes as well as the time to fight for change within the TWHBEA as the Preacher does.
                          It is completely irresponsible to state that poor backyard owners of non-registered gaited TRAIL horses are the people responsible for the continuation of the Big Lick.
                          Anyway, my little farm is redneck-y to be sure; but I would probably physically come to blows w/ the a$$hat that wrote that article if I caught them taking pictures of my place / horses and lumping ME in with the Big Lickers. That was truly one of the most ignorant things that I have ever read on Fugly.
                          Now, a valid link, that Nathaniel Jackson can speak to, is the link to racism. And, the he could write an article that coherently articulates the facts on this issue — not some nonsense blaming poor people with trail horses for the Big Lick.
                          As far as poor people & horses – Our local horse rescues in MS have had great success in reaching out to those who perhaps have not benefitted from the educational and financial opportunities that the snarkies have (though education is doubtful based on that article) – the rescues reach out in a kind and respectful way to offer gelding and vaccination clinics in poor areas as well as volunteering to help put up safer fencing.
                          This article is on par with those claiming all of our societal ills are the fault of poor people and minorities — and could probably form a solid basis for a libel suit."
                          Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

                          Comment


                          • Um WOW
                            I can see why you're having a knee jerk reaction.
                            If I read it right none of the horses pictured is a purebred TWH for starters.
                            There is no indication by the pictures that these people are actually doing Big Lick.
                            Are they the best representatives of "back yard breeders"??? No.
                            They are breaking a very young horse - most would consider it a too young horse. All the horses look majorly on the thin side.
                            On the one horse - doesn't look like there are even shoes on it - let alone anything else.
                            Anything else I missed?
                            The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                            H. Cate

                            Comment


                            • OOPS there was ONE TWH.
                              The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
                              H. Cate

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                                I thought non-profits were not permitted to pay for ads for any one candidate?
                                So did I. But as i learned the hard way, in the end its all about politics. That's why I don't give to any non-profits anymore unless they are willing to take donations in kind.
                                Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

                                Originally posted by DottieHQ
                                You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

                                Comment


                                • I don't know if you are missing anything, because honestly, at a certain point I stopped reading and started skimming I could not bring myself to read through it again.

                                  Absolutely, I do not support riding young horses OR back yard breeding or neglecting in horses in any way. And, I am fanatically opposed to the Big Lick -- knowing my sweet sweet old mare was put through that $hit and now has the arthritis related to that freak show has made me absolutely steadfast in my belief that the Big Lick is evil.

                                  However, I probably should have said that I don't breed horses and my horses do not look like that -- though my TWH mare is a little on the thin side; but she has an awful time in the summer w/ the heat and has arthritis; so I didn't try too hard to fatten her up while it was hot. My vet also reminds me that she will never look like my gelding -- a draft cross air plant who is a little too chunky.

                                  It made me mad because not only is it just nonsensical; the writer really is offensive; but it also made me mad because the Big Lick supporters can print that right out and pass it around to demonstrate the idiocy of their enemies. If you told me it was written by a Big Lick supporter trolling, I'd believe it. And, regardless of how we feel about the (lack of) horsemanship demonstrated in the photos; those people are being libeled by being accused of supporting -- and being responsible for -- the Big Lick abuse. I'm assuming the people had ads on CL; and mocking them regarding their actual ad is one thing, which I think is the whole point of Fugly (which still rubs me the wrong way as the purpose is just to enjoy being mean and in no way helps the horses involved); but poaching the pictures and making up stories about the people in them crosses a line with me personally; and sure seems to meet the definition of libel.
                                  Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by ldaziens View Post
                                    Okay, I think this Fugly article exemplifies the concerns about animal rights idiots who present random nonsense as fact. I actually am very opposed to the Big Lick; and I know that I lean a little lefter and support a little stronger animal welfare guidelines than some here; and this article lit ME up like a Christmas Tree. I pasted the comment I submitted below, but I was hoping that more articulate and calmer minds might want to comment. I worry when people have to make up nonsense in order to write an article on a subject where plenty of legitimate facts exist for making the same argument.

                                    http://fuglyblog.com/2012/10/22/gues...comment-125533

                                    "That is the most non-coherant and completely ignorant article I can recall reading. It is, frankly, offensive and does absolutely nothing to support the fight against Big Lick.
                                    I have a rescued former Big Lick horse that I keep at home on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I also believe in God, Gun Rights, and My Country. Many people might see my little farm and look down their nose at it — especially as we are still recovering from Isaac damage. And while my mare has registration papers, and, in fact was the Reserve Champion at the KY Celebration in the BIG LICK FREAK SHOW; I refuse to register her, because I will not send a dime to the TWHBEA. I would register her w/ the TWHBEA IF I had time / inclination to show her in non-Big Lick classes as well as the time to fight for change within the TWHBEA as the Preacher does.
                                    It is completely irresponsible to state that poor backyard owners of non-registered gaited TRAIL horses are the people responsible for the continuation of the Big Lick.
                                    Anyway, my little farm is redneck-y to be sure; but I would probably physically come to blows w/ the a$$hat that wrote that article if I caught them taking pictures of my place / horses and lumping ME in with the Big Lickers. That was truly one of the most ignorant things that I have ever read on Fugly.
                                    Now, a valid link, that Nathaniel Jackson can speak to, is the link to racism. And, the he could write an article that coherently articulates the facts on this issue — not some nonsense blaming poor people with trail horses for the Big Lick.
                                    As far as poor people & horses – Our local horse rescues in MS have had great success in reaching out to those who perhaps have not benefitted from the educational and financial opportunities that the snarkies have (though education is doubtful based on that article) – the rescues reach out in a kind and respectful way to offer gelding and vaccination clinics in poor areas as well as volunteering to help put up safer fencing.
                                    This article is on par with those claiming all of our societal ills are the fault of poor people and minorities — and could probably form a solid basis for a libel suit."
                                    I have to agree with you on that. I see no relation between the people depicted in those pictures and the big Lick movement. do I believe those horses have the best care? No, not being ridden at 16 months and looking underweight. But I fail to see what it has to do with the BL movement. I find this post full of assumptions and poorly constructed at best.
                                    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

                                    Originally posted by DottieHQ
                                    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Dispatcher View Post
                                      Really?? Americans don't know where their food comes from? How pathetic is that? But I wonder if that is true.

                                      Geez, Since we are a nation of fast food gobblers, you can't tell me people haven't seen the huge billboard for Chick fil-A (or however it's spelled) with a 3-D cow saying "eat more chicken".

                                      If they can't tell from that they are eating cows and chickens, then their reading comprehension skills are pretty darn poor.
                                      Remember that we live in a nation where you can get a high school diploma as long as you can read and cypher on an 8th grade level.

                                      My wife is an MD and her university level Family Practice clinic has twice over the past few years had to "dumb down" the routine instructions given patients. She noted that a recent survey put average reading comprehension of their patient base at just over the 7th grade level.

                                      Our educational system has failed, dramatically, over the past couple of decades. We seem to have come to a point where kids get educated in spite of the system, not because of it. This failure shows up again and again and again.

                                      G.
                                      Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

                                      Comment

                                      • Original Poster

                                        Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
                                        Remember that we live in a nation where you can get a high school diploma as long as you can read and cypher on an 8th grade level.

                                        My wife is an MD and her university level Family Practice clinic has twice over the past few years had to "dumb down" the routine instructions given patients. She noted that a recent survey put average reading comprehension of their patient base at just over the 7th grade level.

                                        Our educational system has failed, dramatically, over the past couple of decades. We seem to have come to a point where kids get educated in spite of the system, not because of it. This failure shows up again and again and again.

                                        G.
                                        Read and weep:

                                        http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...e-us-democracy

                                        It is not only animal rights extremists that are gaining important footholds with their illogical premises about the nature of all animals, including the human one and our place in this world.
                                        Seems that, with the bounty of more humans and so more that can and have advanced knowledge, we also have more that can't comprehend the world around them and will follow any one Pied Piper that does the thinking for them and pulls the right emotional strings.

                                        Doesn't look good for us, that understand the symbiotic relationship all have in this world, that include our already well regulated thru laws proper use of other animals, including our horses.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by AlterNetReality View Post
                                          Would that make them Sinn Fern?
                                          OK, this is freaking hysterical.
                                          VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

                                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X