• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

2012 COTH Secret Santa -- Sleighs On The Way!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eleanor's elf View Post
    Yes, those moose,er, meese, had us scared for 2 weeks. ... Maybe one of the red wing players will deliver your present?
    OMG, I would have just died if Niklas Kronwall had just come to my door! DIED, I tell you, kilt ded.

As it was, it was my cheerful FedEx delivery guy, with a package from Horseloverz! THANK YOU ELF!! I'm so excited! Petal boots! And a face brush! And a whole bunch of treats for the sweet Apollo pony! And little air fresheners -- even one in sandalwood! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I am so excited -- I have been muttering and grumbling about my crappy velcro bell boots for a while now. Petal boots are exactly it! And how did you know I've been needing a face brush? I think I took it off my Amazon list, even!

Thank you again, Elf -- you're amazing and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

Comment

• GABBY.GATOR!!

THANK YOU!!

The mail guy came this morning and I immediately tore into my package! You really outdid yourself! In fact, I'm eating fudge for breakfast as I type this.

The saddle pad and polo wraps were definitely needed and the Bath and Body Works assortment smells wonderful! And all the grooming stuff! The detangler, bit wipes, fly spray, brushes, mitt, etc. I probably groom my horse as much as I ride him. He's sort of my adult 'My Little Pony.' And all of this on top of the ornaments with his photos, and the stall treats/toy!

But then ... I got to the bottom of the box and I realized what was wrapped up so delicately. WOW! The canvas print of Oliver's cute little face was too much! That was too cool. I love taking photos and have folders and folders of nice prints, but I've never actually stopped to think about putting them on canvas.

And for the record -- I saw one of your posts earlier about loving saddle pads, and grooming products, and even how your fave colors were burgundy and blue. And I couldn't help but think, 'Hell, they should be my SS!' I wondered why you thought shopping for me was going to so easy. Now I know!!

Thanks so, so much! I can't wait to go out to the barn with all my new stuff! My trainer will especially love the blue saddle pad. I tend to match what I wear with my saddle pad, and considering I only have a burgundy pad, I think she's pretty sick of seeing me in that color.
      The dude abides ...

Comment

• I have a Canadian elf! My package arrived today, but I'm going to wait until Christmas to open it
        Hope's Legacy Equine Rescue, Inc.

Comment

• My package arrived today.... and it has a very familiar return address! It is under my tree waiting for me to tear into it on Christmas morning.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ReveilleandRinsie;6732632]OMG, I would have just died if Niklas Kronwall had just come to my door! DIED, I tell you, kilt ded.

Not bad for a Swedish Warmblood, LOL.

Comment

• I am enjoying reading everyone tearing into their packages!

Keep it up everyone, even if you lurk, please post your Secret Santa likes to read the messages.
              www.facebook.com/doggonegoodgoodies
              http://doggonebakedgoods.com/

Comment

• Thank you elf!!! I came home after a long week thinking 'wouldn't it be great if my package came today?' I have been so anxious waiting and then I told my friends about COTH SS and they were so negative! They scared me, I thought I'd be grinched for sure. But alas, I kept my faith by reading all the great posts here.

My package did come last night! I couldn't wait. I ran up stairs and dug in. I saw the polos first and about peed myself. Argyle blue polos! I squealed...I'm glad no one was around for that. Plus a matching blue saddle pad, a really nice one with classy white piping. The blues totally match his color. I do have a cheap schooling pad in the same color so I am going to monogram this nice new one and keep it for special occasions

Piper is having some feet issues and had some corrective shoeing done today so I cannot work him for a few days but I put the polos on just for kicks. The BM and farrier thought I was nutz!! I was oooing and ahhhhing over him. So handsome in his new polos

Thank you elf! Once the pad is monogrammed and Piper is rideable I will try to get you a picture

Comment

• I finally picked up my package at the office and found a delightful package of stud muffins! One is a musical trunk that plays the 12 days of horsey Christmas-very cool! We also got peppermint stud muffins. Of course, we had to drive straight to the barn so horsey 1 could sample them. He approved of everything

So thank you, dear elf! Though I'm still not sure who you are!
                  No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
                  For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
                  www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Comment

• Merry Christmas to all from the Warmbloods!

Merry Christmas to all! We hope you all have a great Christmas.

If you are alone, please get out and go volunteer somewhere. Or join friends. Get our and walk around a mall or go to a park or just go for a walk. The world is a beautiful place. And there are many people much less fortunate than all of us are. This is the time of year to help others and relax.

We've enjoyed our work as secret santas this year. This was our first year doing it. (We did a little extra over on the off topic thread, since we finished way ahead of anyone on this thread. Ok so we had a head start, but still we finished fast, and trotted over to the off topic threads to spread a little cheer.)

Merry Christmas to all! Now if we see any deer in our pasture,rein or white tail, we're going to chase them and make them drop all the presents so we can see if there is anything we can eat.

Comment

• Just wanted to say thanks to my elf (who was a stelf as far as posting, but emailed me updates). The gifts were great. Warm stuff and tea, excellent choices all around.

Also, dghunter, I was your elf. Glad the studmuffins arrived and that the other packages eventually reached your hands. Happy holidays!!
                      OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Comment

• Studmuffins? We love stud muffins. But we don't get them because they are fattening! All you hard keepers eat those stud muffins while we suffer with diet grain.

Comment

• ChocoMare Rocks!

Well turns out the Chief Elf herself was my elf!! I received one parcel a week or so ago which sat under my tree tempting me. But I held off to this morning (christmas day down here!).

She sent me:
                          -fuzzy socks ( can never have to many pairs)
                          -horsey dish towels
                          -very cute tractor supply hat
                          -printed copies of some of her own recipes that look insanely yummy
                          -an Easy Chef recipe cd
                          -a tea and silverware caddy -very cute

In a very random parcel that arrived yesterday that had zero clues on what it was or where it was from and very light. Lots of fun bath stuff from Lush. Me thinks a bubble bath is on the list for tonight.

oops just found a card for the Lush bath stuff! lol Apparently it's not from you Choco! It's from my best friend. lol

Thanks soo much Chocomare! You did very very well! Can't wait to start cooking/baking !

P. aka Laurel
                          Last edited by Polydor; Dec. 25, 2012, 02:33 AM.
                          A Wandering Albertan - NEW Africa travel blog!

Comment

• I have to thank my SS Big Red OTTB for her thoughtful gifts! Bay, Chestnut, and Black aromatic soaps from Foaling Around, horse and people cookies, a framed print of a Chincoteague Pony, and best of all a beautiful pendant necklace with a photo of my dear black stallion Paddy who left us in 2011 I was touched beyond words when I realized who it was, as the horses I mentioned and pictures I emailed were only the 3 horses I have now, all sired by Paddy.
                            Thank you again so much to my SS and to COTH BB

Comment

• I got my package last week before going out of town, but many thanks to Opus1!! Had a great time opening everything. Loved the corgi print! My lab has already torn apart the rope toy in the doggie stocking lol. I should have put the cat toys out when I left, since the dogs are with us, but I of course forgot. Many thanks for all of my stuff!!
                              Custom Painted Brushes: spcustombrushes@gmail.com
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/SP-Cus...75042339173555

Comment

• I got a nice PM from my giftee today. The package did indeed arrive safely to her dorm up in the East coast. So I will out myself.

My giftee was Jonesbug!
                                www.facebook.com/doggonegoodgoodies
                                http://doggonebakedgoods.com/

Comment

• Thank you Mtn Trails!

I got a bunch of goodies from Mtn Trails. There were Mrs. Pasture's cookies for the ponies and fancy chocolates for me (yum!), a wild horse calendar, winter riding gloves (perfect fit!), warm boot socks, my favorite Lederbalsam leather conditioner, and a large mug with horses on it. Thanks so much!
                                  Crayola Posse - Pine Green
                                  Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)
                                  Autumn Caper (April 27, 1989 - May 24, 2015)
                                  Murphy (April 28, 1994 - May 5, 2017)

Comment

• Originally posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
                                    I got my package last week before going out of town, but many thanks to Opus1!! Had a great time opening everything. Loved the corgi print! My lab has already torn apart the rope toy in the doggie stocking lol. I should have put the cat toys out when I left, since the dogs are with us, but I of course forgot. Many thanks for all of my stuff!!
                                    Yay! So glad you got it and opened it up!

Although, for the record, I know one of the saddle pads wasn't really in your colors, but I got it for a steal at the local tack store, and figured it was neutral enough colors that you wouldn't mind. I hope I did OK otherwise. (I always feel pretty good when I buy something, but then the more I think about it, the more I start to doubt myself.)

Merry Christmas, CarolinaGirl!
                                    The dude abides ...

Comment

• Thank you so much PalominoMorgan! Funny that we were each other's SS too!

I tore into my goodies this morning... I got yummy treats for the horses, dogs and us, a neat ornament and a pair of no turn bell boots which I desperately needed! I just bit into one of the chocolate chicken wings, those were cute and delicious. I forgot to take the squeezy buns to the barn when I fed tonight but will take them up when I do night check later. They will devour them, I'm sure!

I hope you liked your gifts from me also, and that you're having a wonderful Christmas!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackstallion2 View Post
                                        I have to thank my SS Big Red OTTB for her thoughtful gifts! Bay, Chestnut, and Black aromatic soaps from Foaling Around, horse and people cookies, a framed print of a Chincoteague Pony, and best of all a beautiful pendant necklace with a photo of my dear black stallion Paddy who left us in 2011 I was touched beyond words when I realized who it was, as the horses I mentioned and pictures I emailed were only the 3 horses I have now, all sired by Paddy.
                                        Thank you again so much to my SS and to COTH BB
                                        I am very glad you like everything! After some googling I found his FB page and the photo. I agonized over whether to buy a pendant with a picture of your chestnut mare or of Paddy, but I opted for the pic of Paddy as all of your current horses link back to him. I am very glad it was a good call! (hugs)

Apollo is loving his new blankie and halter, has already devoured the cookies, and the saddle soaps are being put to good use on my bridles. I cannot thank you enough, grinanride!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

Comment

• Cobjockey was my Secret Santa and she did great!! Thank you so much. Sorry for the lateness of this post, I have been sleeping most of the day because of a stinking cold .

She kindly got me two bags of yummy marshmallows (chocolate peppermint and toasted flavors), a very cute ornament which is on my tree but that I'll hang on a wall after the tree comes down and the book "Finding My Distance" by Julia Wendell, which I'm sure I'll love because eventing is a favorite equine sport.
                                          With my illness and other packages- from home- being delayed, it was turning into a bad Christmas scenario but the kindness of a stranger, now a friend, made my day much better. Thank you again .
                                          Member of Book Worms Clique and proud member of INCREDIBLE INVISIBLES.
                                          Mr Wigglebottom 1999-2010. Once in a lifetime cat. Much loved, much missed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X