• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

2012 COTH Secret Santa -- Sleighs On The Way!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a "stelf"??

Comment

• A Secret Santa - or giftee - who doesn't post much here, to tease their giver or giftee.
      The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

Comment

• Thank You Elf!

My elf's box came today and just in time! I was in need of some cheer!

I'm waiting to open the wrapped present till christmas but the chocolates (ghiradelli AND toblerone!!) and the peppermint sticks are loved! I'm going to have to have extreme self control over the next few days!

I had mentioned that I don't own a horse yet (I hope to!) So they donated to The Old Chestnut Mare in my name.

You probably revealed yourself in your card that I'm holding on to open at christmas with the present but I just wanted to say thank you! You went WAY above and beyond! Merry Christmas!
        Telling a worrier to relax is counterproductive. Then we worry about relaxing.

Comment

• Oh.my.gosh.

So, as most of y'all know, 2012 has been a pretty dark year for my kids and I. I have a 10 year old son, and an almost 2 year old girl, and every year, I have always told my SS about my kids, so that they would be included. Well, it has become a tradition that my son looks forward too ever year.

So, just a little while ago, my son comes running up with a big box, shouting "It's from our Secret Santa!!"

I had asked him if he wanted to wait until Christmas to open the box, but he already had a knife, cutting the tape.

There's a massage gummy for Ember - though I think my son may steal it - that things feels GOOD on the back! A mane comb for Simba the Mini - and he sure can use it, and a big soft, fluffy sponge!!

For me, plenty of Chocolate treats!! A dark Chocolate bar with Espresso beans...we won't talk about how much...little...is now left....

These little chocolate/espresso drops that I am glad only come in a tiny container......they are beyond good...

Coco powder - the GOOD kind - that I can't wait to add to my coffee!!

But, but, but....there's MORE!!!

My son got a "Planes of WWII" book. For us, this would be the equivalent of getting a Antares saddle. No joke. THEN, he got a paper air plain kit. He was SO excited, that he said "Mommy, our Secret Santa sure did nail us!....we've GOT to get her address so we can send her a Thank You card!"

Then my sweet Addie - who will be 2 on New Year's Eve - got Hello Kitty sparkly stickers, AND this Hello Kitty board book kit, with figurines! She squealed "Hello Kitty!!! I LOVE it!" As soon as she saw her gifts.

I hope my SS knows just how much her gifts meant to our family - it was truly a bright ray of sunshine in the midst of a pretty dreary time for us. Thank you just isn't enough.
          The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

Comment

• Well I was totally spoiled this year

Thank you to my very generous elf, Madaketmomma, who sent treats for everyone. I got a really cool personalised saddle pad, which Lucy looked smashing in:

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5eb4ac25.jpg

Cairo the Ridgeback got some treats, I got some peppermint chocolate (my favourite), Lucy the demon horse got some soft peppermints and my very favourite coat conditioner from Stubben (LOVE THAT STUFF), and I got an adorable ornament for the tree! Thank you Elf, you're the best!
            http://www.lucysquest.blogspot.com

Custom Painted Saddle Pads and Ornaments

Comment

• Thank you Tabula Rashah

I tried to save my package to open on Christmas, but reading all of the thank you's pushed me over the edge! I had so much fun shopping for my Secret Santa, and receiving from mine!

Thank you for the delish chocolate bar-sea salt and almonds, the perfect combo. I ended up having to share it with my husband (not by my own free will).

I love the beautiful bracelet, the nice long leadrope, the horse treats and the soap. I think my favorite thing was the amazing ornament-I LOVE ornaments more then anything in the world.

Thank you again!!

Comment

• woo hoo!!! My husband brought two packages from the post office day before yesterday, but I just didn't have time to sit and open, I wanted to *try* to go slow! LOL

and I was going to wait for Christmas, but yesterday I had a REALLY bad day, as I officially listed my heart horse for sale, boo. I *know* I have to, really, it was just so incredibly sad.

ANYWAY------ I opened the smaller of the two boxes and A FURMINATOR!!!!! yay!! and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have wanted one forever, just never sprung for one! anddddddd, some lotion in my fav. scent from Bath and Body works, and a couple of grooming items :-)

I am going to save the other box till Christmas-- with everything going on here, there won't be but a few presents under the tree, so I'm going to savor the anticipation!

thank you again!!!!

Comment

• Stelf here, again.

To my dear giftee:
                  Your package has been shipped, but we've been under some severe winter weather up here, so It might take a while for it to make it to you....
                  Ho ho ho....

Comment

• **Thank You**

I got my gift!!! But I do not know you my SS was I got a front riser wintec comfort pad and the Hunterseat Eq Book (bible). I love everything!!!! Thank You!!! Should I sell my sheepskin half pad??

Last edited by Tiffany01; Dec. 21, 2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Happy birthday to my lovely giftee!

Comment

• Hooray! I'm glad you like it!! I hope it'll be helpful - I saw that you've had some saddle trouble and I thought I could help. I wanted to add cookies and stuff, but you'd said that wasn't a good idea. Anyway, merry Christmas!! I hope it's a great one!!

--AlterClaus, who is staying anonymous for Christmas magic purposes.

Originally posted by Tiffany01 View Post
                        I got my gift!!! But I do not know you my SS was I got a front riser wintec comfort pad and the Hunterseat Eq/Jumper Book (bible). I love everything!!!! Thank You!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlterClaus View Post
                          Hooray! I'm glad you like it!! I hope it'll be helpful - I saw that you've had some saddle trouble and I thought I could help. I wanted to add cookies and stuff, but you'd said that wasn't a good idea. Anyway, merry Christmas!! I hope it's a great one!!

--AlterClaus, who is staying anonymous for Christmas magic purposes.
                          awe!!! I LOVE you SS!!! Now for the first time in a yr I cant wait ti ride!!! I'll have to wait intill we get snow so poor pony's feet arent so ouchy from being barefoot. Im hoping to lose 30 llbs within the next yr so my saddle will better fit me.

Should I sell my halfpad?
                          Last edited by Tiffany01; Dec. 21, 2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsOfAnAngel View Post
                            Happy birthday to my lovely giftee!
                            Thanks!
                            My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
                            http://www.youtube.com/kheit86

Comment

• YAY, thank you Secret Santa.

I got a Christmas themed table cloth, some lovely gloves, a country-esque picture theme (I think it got a little knocked in shipping but nothing that isn't fixable), socks that feel awesomely comfy (they were on my Christmas list for my SO too!), and most importantly, Jane Savoie's Dressage 101, which I am SO excited to dig into.

Thank you, thank you! You rock SS.

Comment

• Well well well, look who my elf was! Just got your package today Dressagetraks - THANK YOU!!! I've had so many gifts for other people being delivered that I was extra thrilled to find one for ME at my doorstep today! I put it under the tree, thought about it... and decided I couldn't wait and just went ahead and opened it up.

The shirt will be perfect for going out to barn (it is eternally cold and foggy here so I wear long sleeves all year) along with the socks. I read the Thoroughbred books as a kid/teenager and LOOOOVED them, so it'll be fun to read them again! And the candy canes - How did you know I love those? I bought a box in early Dec. for decorating/eating and already ate the half I allotted myself. Just today at work I wondered if I could justify buying another. No need now!

Thank you so much!
                                If the pony spits venom in your face or produces a loud roar, it is probably not a pony. Find another. -The Oatmeal

Comment

• I have deduced that my SS gift must be coming via the same moose that delivered Eleanor's boxes! Elf, are you from the great white north? If so, can you send hockey too? or just some Canadian niceness for the NHL owners so they'll back off!? I miss my Red Wings.

In all seriousness, I am not worried. Late packages just prolong the suspense and the season! I know my elf is out there.
                                  Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
                                  http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetMutt View Post
                                    Well well well, look who my elf was! Just got your package today Dressagetraks - THANK YOU!!! I've had so many gifts for other people being delivered that I was extra thrilled to find one for ME at my doorstep today! I put it under the tree, thought about it... and decided I couldn't wait and just went ahead and opened it up.

The shirt will be perfect for going out to barn (it is eternally cold and foggy here so I wear long sleeves all year) along with the socks. I read the Thoroughbred books as a kid/teenager and LOOOOVED them, so it'll be fun to read them again! And the candy canes - How did you know I love those? I bought a box in early Dec. for decorating/eating and already ate the half I allotted myself. Just today at work I wondered if I could justify buying another. No need now!

Thank you so much!
                                    Wow, two days in transit! Kudos to USPS.

I found the Thoroughbred series mentioned by you in one of those "books you read as a kid" threads where you said you wished you had them now to reread. The candy canes were a guess, I'll admit. I originally had some chocolate for you, but I accidentally ate it, and when I went back for more chocolate at the beginning of this week, the chocolate was all picked over and most of the good chocolate gone. Those candy canes just looked like a happy substitute, I hoped.

Comment

• Heard from my elf that my package was being put in transit early this week, and I can't wait!!!

My mom arrived last night to spend the week with us, and she asked me what I got from my horse elf this year, and I told her I did not know yet, but that the package should arrive soon.

I love the excitement of waiting for it to arrive, and if it doesn't get here in time to open on 12/25 -- no big deal. It just prolongs the holiday!

Hope everyone is have a great holiday season so far!
                                      Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by ReveilleandRinsie View Post
                                        I have deduced that my SS gift must be coming via the same moose that delivered Eleanor's boxes! Elf, are you from the great white north? If so, can you send hockey too? or just some Canadian niceness for the NHL owners so they'll back off!? I miss my Red Wings.

In all seriousness, I am not worried. Late packages just prolong the suspense and the season! I know my elf is out there.
                                        Yes, those moose,er, meese, had us scared for 2 weeks. We thought our packages would never get through customs up in Canada. And we saw where all the hockey teams are in the middle of a strike or something. Maybe one of the red wing players will deliver your present?

It's almost Christmas. If anyone is having delays in mailing, please tell your coth person so she won't be disappointed at Christmas. We warmbloods don't deliver. We just buy stuff.

Comment

• I can't remember what box I put your card in but I revealed myself in it, so I figure it's safe to post as myself now. I'm glad you liked your gifts so far. I think you'll enjoy the other box too!

Hope you have a great holiday!

Originally posted by gabby.gator View Post
                                          woo hoo!!! My husband brought two packages from the post office day before yesterday, but I just didn't have time to sit and open, I wanted to *try* to go slow! LOL

and I was going to wait for Christmas, but yesterday I had a REALLY bad day, as I officially listed my heart horse for sale, boo. I *know* I have to, really, it was just so incredibly sad.

ANYWAY------ I opened the smaller of the two boxes and A FURMINATOR!!!!! yay!! and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have wanted one forever, just never sprung for one! anddddddd, some lotion in my fav. scent from Bath and Body works, and a couple of grooming items :-)

I am going to save the other box till Christmas-- with everything going on here, there won't be but a few presents under the tree, so I'm going to savor the anticipation!

thank you again!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X