• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Horze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horze

I thought I would try their breeches-they look nice-but now they have "free shipping" but they also raised the price $10 I guess that is legitimate business practice but doesn't make me inclined to try them.

Too bad you won't give them a shot, or try some of their drastically reduced closeout breeches instead.

I love all the stuff I've gotten from them, equine or human. And they do 20-50% off coupon codes all the time, so I get everything for a steal.

Better than Dover having eight different prices on their website alone, nevermind four different prices depending on which catalog/which page of which catalog you're turned to.

Comment

I JUST got an email. I think everything is 50% off for the next 4 hours.

Comment

I've gotten amazing deals from them. I have lots of full seated breeches for under $40. I've gotten $150-$200 girths for $30, a $700 saddle for $350. Like everything else, you just have to make sure what you're getting is a good deal.

WHERE is the 50% off sale???? Can't find it.

Comment

It says enter, "LUCKY-HORSE-7" at check-out. Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks. I just found Ovation front zip dress boots in my size half off! $100. The code doesn't apply to that, but I have to get yet another pair of these boots because they're the only ones that fit me AND they're a super deal.

Comment

Yahoo!

I have been holding off on buying some stuff I need (no really, I need it: a reflective riding rug & vest to keep us visible on the road) & I just got it for HALF OFF!!

Thanks a TON! You can rest better knowing I am now safer

Of course I also got a bunch of stuff I didn't, technically, need immediately, but how can I not do it when it is half off with free shipping?

I remember the days when I used to spend $ on clothes for me...

Comment

The free shipping has a few exceptions, Portugal being one of them. Boo.
                Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Originally posted by DottieHQ
                You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbow View Post
                  I JUST got an email. I think everything is 50% off for the next 4 hours.
                  I got one of those emails a couple weeks ago, and I purchased $73.00 worth of 1/2-priced knee socks and a lead rope to make the $75/free shipping offer. I was not disappointed! Fantastic socks, and just the type I've been looking for for ages (sort of like ski socks - they stay up don't get "eaten" by my boots or shoes...LOL).
                  Equus Keepus Brokus

Comment

Originally posted by Rbow View Post
                    It says enter, "LUCKY-HORSE-7" at check-out. Good Luck!
                    Thank you thank you! I did NOT get this email, about which I'm very upset, but despite having placed not one but TWO orders two weeks ago, I placed yet another order because in the two week span, they came out with their winter collection in the exact teal my grey gelding looks so nice in!

Comment

• Original Poster

So I took advantage of the code to try the breeches, but it charged me shipping-did this happen to others as well?

Comment

I got just a $5 shipping fee plus $3 for an oversized item. If they charge you regular shipping, just contact them via email. When I have had issues in the middle of the night there was someone there to fix it. Everything I just bought was already super low priced, so I didn't get another 50%.

Comment

I got charged shipping as well, but when I spend less than $50 total and get three sets of boots and a fabric riser pad (a style that I've been looking for forever after stupidly giving away my old Grand Prix one), it really doesn't bother me!
                          I love my Econo-Nag!

Comment

I had my virtual "if money were no object" cart up to almost $3000! LOL But I was good and got it down to $300. I did not get charged shipping however this is what I noticed:

When I added my first item, I went to check out so I could enter the code for 50% off. Prior to entering the code, shipping was free as the promo is still going for that. After I entered the code for 50% off, it updated and showed shipping. I think it was like $9.50. I went back to the home page and thats where EVERYTHING was listed at 50% off. When I added a few more items and went to check my cart, everything was 50% off and shipping was free. I think they do free shipping if you spend over a certain amount anyways. Maybe you cant combine the free shipping with no minimum order and the 50% off?

Has anyone tried their breeches before? I really like a LOT of them but worry b/c they are a euro company and usually euro style breeches fit a lot slimmer.
                            ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Comment

Yeah, it's like a game. They want to see how dedicated you really are. I ordered last night and got $200 boots for $100 and a hat, garment, and brilde bag for $40 that was $80 today. But today they had a whole 'nother section of cheap stuff. And sometimes you can find things in one area for one price, and then find it in another at a different on.

It's like Tack of the Day. You just have to watch. A lot of stuff is normal priced, but when you get good deals, it's amazing. I've gotten full seated leather breeched for $20, and a really nice bridle for $20 that I see is on their for $40 now.

Comment

Originally posted by MaybeMorgan View Post
                                So I took advantage of the code to try the breeches, but it charged me shipping-did this happen to others as well?
                                Originally posted by billiebob View Post
                                I got charged shipping as well, but when I spend less than $50 total and get three sets of boots and a fabric riser pad (a style that I've been looking for forever after stupidly giving away my old Grand Prix one), it really doesn't bother me!
                                You needed to spend $75 to get the free shipping with the 50% off sale, I believe.

Comment

Just ordered two bridles at 50% off - $100 total! Saw these in a shop the other day and the leather is uber nice. Would have bought one then, but they didn't have my size. Glad I didn't because I just got it half price - woohoo!

Figured I'd get them both, see what works best and send back the other. Thanks to the poster of the coupon code!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PoohLP View Post
                                    Thanks to the poster of the coupon code!!!
                                    Thanks to Horze. I haven't used them before but it's sounding so good, I guess I'll go shop myself!

Comment

A note on shipping:

For some reason, the 50% off code combined with the free shipping promotion is causing some issue with their computer system. There is NO minimum for free shipping through the end of today (the 27th), with or without the 50% code. The cart system will charge you shipping anyway, but just give them a call and ask to have it taken off. They do not charge your card until the order ships anyway, so you can just call right after you place your order and they'll wipe the shipping off right away without dealing with the hassle of needing to refund a card or anything.

The customer service rep on the phone was very apologetic, said she had no idea why the computer is not processing both offers.

Comment

Seriously, on the bridles, the one I saw in the shop I would have guessed to have been a 200+ bridle. The leather was just as nice and soft as the $350 bridle hanging right next to it and it had one of the crown pieces that goes over the poll piece and patent leather accents on the cavesson and brow band - very classy looking. And to get it for $50 - whoa nelly!

Can't say how well it will hold up, of course, but for $50, it only needs to last a year or so - or make it to my bday in December when I can ask bf or parents for an expensive fancy pants bridle to be a good deal in my book.

Wish I had more money - I'd happily go clothes shopping for me on that site too!

Comment

Working...
                                        X