• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Dear OPs-Who-Keep-Deleting-Their-Posts-When-They-Don't-Like-the-Comments,

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Teacup View Post
    yous all need to stop slandering me on this massage board.

    You know you want it!
    Originally posted by BigMama1
    Facts don't have versions. If they do, they are opinions
    GNU Terry Prachett

    Comment


    • HelP erVyboody! Maw 2.5 year Owld StalLyon iS a ChompiOon DresSsIge HoWrse thAt i Gowt Froms A niCe LadDy owT in thE cowNtRy. SHe breD Dis HowRs FroM her VeRyy own 28yeer olld MaybellLle. I thowt MaybelLe wazs a Cowz Whens i Frist Saw HeR, But thats not dee Piont. Dey pOint eEs... He Alwaysh trows me whEns i RoLLKurrr Heem. Now I Knoow Dish Ees deY RighT waY to RidE bECause The LaDDey i Gotsh heEm From tOld me shoW. And dEy lady KnOws everYThiang therE is to know AbOut riDdingg, Becaws shE sAys so owN her FaceBoooK pAgE. HEs so CutE With dEy Beeg Dip In Hes Back, And dey UpsiDe-DowN lOOokeeng Neck. Im Hinking aBOot BreeDing Heem Back TOoo heez MoMMy mAyBelLe becaws Hesz so Cyoot. Ish dis a good idEa? WAit, DonnT teLl me I Don WanntA HeEr uR FruiTBatTy OpinIoon.

      Oh, and Im GooIngG on A Longg CanoEinGg Trip So I WonnT Bea Abl tO See Heem FoR a Feww WeeKs. I Is Hinking ABooT Putting Heem in 2 acRe pastUre weeTh 7 MarEs that aRe in Heat rigNt nOw. I deed That oncE and All dey MaRes SomehOw got Preggo. But i KnoW Das NoT maI Stallyon Cuz He knoWs BeTtEr and Would neVer Ever BecOme a DaddY withOuat MaI PermiShiOnn.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by skippy60 View Post
        HelP erVyboody! Maw 2.5 year Owld StalLyon iS a ChompiOon DresSsIge HoWrse thAt i Gowt Froms A niCe LadDy owT in thE cowNtRy. SHe breD Dis HowRs FroM her VeRyy own 28yeer olld MaybellLle. I thowt MaybelLe wazs a Cowz Whens i Frist Saw HeR, But thats not dee Piont. Dey pOint eEs... He Alwaysh trows me whEns i RoLLKurrr Heem. Now I Knoow Dish Ees deY RighT waY to RidE bECause The LaDDey i Gotsh heEm From tOld me shoW. And dEy lady KnOws everYThiang therE is to know AbOut riDdingg, Becaws shE sAys so owN her FaceBoooK pAgE. HEs so CutE With dEy Beeg Dip In Hes Back, And dey UpsiDe-DowN lOOokeeng Neck. Im Hinking aBOot BreeDing Heem Back TOoo heez MoMMy mAyBelLe becaws Hesz so Cyoot. Ish dis a good idEa? WAit, DonnT teLl me I Don WanntA HeEr uR FruiTBatTy OpinIoon.

        Oh, and Im GooIngG on A Longg CanoEinGg Trip So I WonnT Bea Abl tO See Heem FoR a Feww WeeKs. I Is Hinking ABooT Putting Heem in 2 acRe pastUre weeTh 7 MarEs that aRe in Heat rigNt nOw. I deed That oncE and All dey MaRes SomehOw got Preggo. But i KnoW Das NoT maI Stallyon Cuz He knoWs BeTtEr and Would neVer Ever BecOme a DaddY withOuat MaI PermiShiOnn.
        as long as 1 of the maers is his mother or full sister he won't breed with the otherss lol. it's indecent & hores are graceful nobel creatures.

        u can only bread him with his momma thru AI.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Alagirl View Post
          You know you want it!
          I am double posting because I am SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW.
          my neighbor's sister's friend's rooster killed my rooster. he was just over in their yard visiting because he loves them so much. that's y he jumps up and hugs their legs with his feet. i dont see why they can't keep such a dngerous animal penned up like a responsible person should.

          their groom also pooped in my manure pile. i can smell it on my dog's breath.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by alterhorse View Post
            But they must provide you with something that makes you want to keep them....
            I believe the clinical term is batpoop crazy, with masochistic tendencies!

            My TB has been out of racing for 3 years now and did horribly at the track, but I think he only did badly cuz he didn't luv his previous owner and he'll do much better for me.

            Someone tell me everything I need to do to get him back on the track and make millions! I know he'll do it for me!

            No negative comments or reality checks allowed!
            Homeopathy claims water can cure you since it once held medicine. That's like saying you can get sustenance from an empty plate because it once held food.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arabhorse2 View Post
              I believe the clinical term is batpoop crazy, with masochistic tendencies!

              My TB has been out of racing for 3 years now and did horribly at the track, but I think he only did badly cuz he didn't luv his previous owner and he'll do much better for me.

              Someone tell me everything I need to do to get him back on the track and make millions! I know he'll do it for me!

              No negative comments or reality checks allowed!
              NASCAR will love to have him!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Teacup View Post
                NASCAR will love to have him!

                I beg to differ! Formula one would make a star out of him.
                If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
                If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
                If I smell like manure, I tripped.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Teacup View Post
                  as long as 1 of the maers is his mother or full sister he won't breed with the otherss lol. it's indecent & hores are graceful nobel creatures.

                  u can only bread him with his momma thru AI.
                  It doNt MattEr BeCaWs I TowlD Heem Nowt too. HEs gOnNa WaIt Til He FiNds DeY rIgHt Maer. BeCawS i TowLd Heem Show AnD hEs NowT GoNna Do anYtHiNg I dOnt WanT BecAuSe He LOFFS me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by skippy60 View Post
                    It doNt MattEr BeCaWs I TowlD Heem Nowt too. HEs gOnNa WaIt Til He FiNds DeY rIgHt Maer. BeCawS i TowLd Heem Show AnD hEs NowT GoNna Do anYtHiNg I dOnt WanT BecAuSe He LOFFS me.
                    I wouldn't be so sure about that. I once had a horse just like yours. I thought he would do whatever I wanted him to and nothing I didn't want him to because I though he loved me. He didn't love me. When he left me he cited irreconcilable differences as the reason. I guess you don't always know them as well as you think you do.
                    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
                    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
                    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

                    Comment


                    • bump

                      ~___/>
                      // \\

                      Comment


                      • why do you all blindfold your horses?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Teacup View Post
                          why do you all blindfold your horses?
                          I do it to keep her on her toes.
                          If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
                          If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
                          If I smell like manure, I tripped.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DottieHQ View Post
                            I do it to keep her on her toes.
                            nvm.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Teacup View Post
                              why do you all blindfold your horses?
                              Ya! My neighbor puts blindfolds on all her horses and I always wonder why--and they also gots blankets and leg-warmers on in the summertime, too! Major cruelty! I have called the ASPCA multiple times and they don't do a damn thing!
                              Topline Leather -- Bespoke, handwoven browbands & accessories customized with Swarovski crystals, gemstones, & glass seed beads. The original crystal braid & crystal spike browbands!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DottieHQ View Post
                                I wouldn't be so sure about that. I once had a horse just like yours. I thought he would do whatever I wanted him to and nothing I didn't want him to because I though he loved me. He didn't love me. When he left me he cited irreconcilable differences as the reason. I guess you don't always know them as well as you think you do.
                                WUT? U mean when mah horse gets all excited to see me, he's just pretending to love me so I'll give him some carrots?
                                I don't think I'll ever trust another horse who appears to be loving again *enter epic theme song from some sad movie for dramatic effect*
                                Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

                                Originally posted by DottieHQ
                                You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Niennor View Post
                                  WUT? U mean when mah horse gets all excited to see me, he's just pretending to love me so I'll give him some carrots?
                                  I don't think I'll ever trust another horse who appears to be loving again *enter epic theme song from some sad movie for dramatic effect*
                                  How can I take you seriously if you can't even remember to add the "*theatric wind blowing through my perfectly styled hair and not messing it up*"

                                  And yes, I do mean that he only pretends to love you for food.
                                  If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
                                  If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
                                  If I smell like manure, I tripped.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by DottieHQ View Post
                                    How can I take you seriously if you can't even remember to add the "*theatric wind blowing through my perfectly styled hair and not messing it up*"

                                    And yes, I do mean that he only pretends to love you for food.
                                    LIES! ALL LIES!!! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? Butbutbut surely youre wrong...

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by skippy60 View Post
                                      LIES! ALL LIES!!! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? Butbutbut surely youre wrong...
                                      You callin' me a liar? 'Cause you sure ain't callin' me a truther...

                                      These are not lies. I speak the truth when it comes to so-called horsey love. I have a certificate from the WTF school of equine relations and affairs. I'm legit.

                                      Really.

                                      I am.
                                      If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
                                      If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
                                      If I smell like manure, I tripped.

                                      Comment

                                      • Original Poster

                                        I have spent the last 5 hours researching you on the internet.

                                        You are a liar.

                                        If anyone wants the details PM me.
                                        Barn rat for life

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by wcporter View Post
                                          I have spent the last 5 hours researching you on the internet.

                                          You are a liar.

                                          If anyone wants the details PM me.
                                          You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

                                          http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...afications.jpg
                                          If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
                                          If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
                                          If I smell like manure, I tripped.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X