• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Tennessee Walking Horse Soring Issue *Update post 1*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sunridge1 View Post
    We've been following the money. The real money is wrapped up with politicians and the very wealthy. They don't really need "sponsors". This isn't some BYB debacle, this is wealth driven. The Racking horse OTOH...not so much.

I'm surprised no one commented on my post about the Racking horses. They are BYB especially compared to the BL.

The FUGLY post was not entirely wrong.
    I don't have any personal experience w/ racking horses, but I have seen those single foot videos and I think maybe some with pads. I was very confused by the pictures they posted because I HAVE seen attrocious padding "performance packages" on YouTube.

As far as the politicians and the very wealthy. Many of the very wealthy make their money through business interests -- when nobody wants to do business with them because of the taint of the Big Lick; they'll reevaluate. Wealthy people are wealthy because they know how to manage wealth -- and a part of that is cutting your losses. And politicians rely on donations - if donors won't contribute to them because of their association w/ and support of Big Lick; they'll drop it. Even Shelbyville -- as Big Lick drives the attendance numbers down, down, down; at some point people are going to prefer to make a living rather than starve to death standing up for the Big Lick.
    Last edited by ldaziens; Oct. 25, 2012, 11:01 PM.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Comment

• As long as the judges keep pinning them they will keep doing the stacked feet and sored heels and pasterns. Aim at the Judges. Pin a stacked and chained horse and lose your judges card. Then they might take notice.
      It is cruel and inhumane treatment to do this to a horse. But as long as they get rewarded for it they will keep doing it. JMHO

Comment

• http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/10/...Don-t-Lie.aspx

Comment

• Original Poster

Good thoughts on Eichler's spin doctoring.

When it is so easy to do the right thing, why do they persist in defending and promoting Sore Lick ?
          from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Comment

• From the article above - this bears repeating!!!!!
            With no suspension even imposed for a third scar rule violation, it is tempting for potential violators to sore and steward horses during the week and sound them up to be compliant for the weekend inspection.

Do not forget that no matter how the stacked folks fain otherwise - these folks are dirty. Do not let the success of the likes of Jackie McConnell stray far from your mind on this. He was very successful with soring and he was not alone. I strongly feel other competitors and trainers knew what he was doing and they not only looked the other way - they gave him a WGC.
            from sunridge1:Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.it is going to be good until the last drop!Eleneswell, the open trail begged to be used. D Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by hurleycane View Post
              From the article above - this bears repeating!!!!!
              With no suspension even imposed for a third scar rule violation, it is tempting for potential violators to sore and steward horses during the week and sound them up to be compliant for the weekend inspection.

Do not forget that no matter how the stacked folks fain otherwise - these folks are dirty. Do not let the success of the likes of Jackie McConnell stray far from your mind on this. He was very successful with soring and he was not alone. I strongly feel other competitors and trainers knew what he was doing and they not only looked the other way - they gave him a WGC.
              Absolutely right, but don't forget the owners and farriers who also knew, and didn't care.

Comment

• There’s an old adage that I personally do not subscribe to, but in this case it is apropos. You are known by the company you keep.

The Old guard of TWH’s Padded division, aka The Lickers and their Lickin Horses, sought out political muscle to help them convince other lawmakers to vote against any attempts to cut their lived short in the Big Lick show ring.

This man in this article is their “Champion” on capitol hill. He’s a republican, who is up for re-election. I have listened to the now public audio tapes in which he admits he got one of his girlfriends pregnant and he told her to get an abortion, and now this latest revelation.

The sad thing is that the news people predict that he will be re-elected again, despite all of these news reports on him behaving badly.

Well, see what you think about all this on this man.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...lks-tennessee/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Preacher View Post
                  There’s an old adage that I personally do not subscribe to, but in this case it is apropos. You are known by the company you keep.

The Old guard of TWH’s Padded division, aka The Lickers and their Lickin Horses, sought out political muscle to help them convince other lawmakers to vote against any attempts to cut their lived short in the Big Lick show ring.

This man in this article is their “Champion” on capitol hill. He’s a republican, who is up for re-election. I have listened to the now public audio tapes in which he admits he got one of his girlfriends pregnant and he told her to get an abortion, and now this latest revelation.

The sad thing is that the news people predict that he will be re-elected again, despite all of these news reports on him behaving badly.

Well, see what you think about all this on this man.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...lks-tennessee/
                  What a piece of crap this guy is, is this really the caliber of people we need?

Comment

• Preacher,i don't think bein a Jackass or an Elephant has anything to do with this dog's moral fiber,if a man is a dog he's a dog ready to jump any bitch he can ,what bothers me is the AMA is doing nothing nor is capitial HILL,he should be shunned.we must remember he is OWNED by David Howard,and the Shellbyville Slime.The good Doctor has alot to answer for,and only the honorable people of Tennessee can make that happen.

Comment

• Preacher
                      I have appreciated your posts and perspective however when you attempt to get political on this thread then it opens the door to a condemnation of a Democrat President who looked the other way (as you accuse the Republican) while AN AMBASSADOR was murdered along with military personal appointed to protect him.

As my father was an Ambassador I am very familar with the risks involved.

Attack the Republican on his political views..absolutely...but when one steps onto that bridge of moral indignation then one must also look at President Clinton who engaged him a sexual activity and refused to admit to it.

I think it is better to keep a thread on the issue rather than political so I will leave it alone if you will
                      The Elephant in the room

Comment

• Original Poster

Of course it is a political issue. TWHBEA,TWHNC,SHOW,PRIDE, and all the rest could have taken care of their problems inhouse. Even in the past they have relied heavily on politics. They have opened up this can of worms thinking they can bribe and sugarcoat their way out of this controversy but the worm has turned so to speak.
                        from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                          Preacher
                          I have appreciated your posts and perspective however when you attempt to get political on this thread then it opens the door to a condemnation of a Democrat President who looked the other way (as you accuse the Republican) while AN AMBASSADOR was murdered along with military personal appointed to protect him.

As my father was an Ambassador I am very familar with the risks involved.

Attack the Republican on his political views..absolutely...but when one steps onto that bridge of moral indignation then one must also look at President Clinton who engaged him a sexual activity and refused to admit to it.

I think it is better to keep a thread on the issue rather than political so I will leave it alone if you will
                          With Mr. Preacher's background, I would be careful if I were him talking about any other persons morals. I'm just saying!

Comment

• To get away from the politicaL and personal comments I'll throw this out. In my latest issue of Modern Arabian Horse I found two photos of horses showing with shoe bands. How long has this been going on? I never been involved with Arabian Park type horses, only saddlebreds and learned to hate the excessive shoeing even without the bands.
                            Groom to trainer: "Where's the glamour? You promised me glamour!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CFFarm View Post
                              To get away from the politicaL and personal comments I'll throw this out. In my latest issue of Modern Arabian Horse I found two photos of horses showing with shoe bands. How long has this been going on? I never been involved with Arabian Park type horses, only saddlebreds and learned to hate the excessive shoeing even without the bands.
                              It is detailed in USEF rules EXACTLY what can and can not be done. A horse in a reining class was disqualified over a 5/16th difference in a bit and another disqualified for a weight of shoe (which AFTER the show was over..turned out to be a mistake by a steward for the U.S. Nationals.)

This is not a start of the BL built up platform shoe.
                              The Elephant in the room

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                                It is detailed in USEF rules EXACTLY what can and can not be done. A horse in a reining class was disqualified over a 5/16th difference in a bit and another disqualified for a weight of shoe (which AFTER the show was over..turned out to be a mistake by a steward for the U.S. Nationals.)

This is not a start of the BL built up platform shoe.
                                Thanks. I hope that's true. Hate to see it spread.
                                Groom to trainer: "Where's the glamour? You promised me glamour!"

Comment

• Originally posted by cordial View Post
                                  With Mr. Preacher's background, I would be careful if I were him talking about any other persons morals. I'm just saying!
                                  What are you saying? can you back up what you say.

Comment

• Originally posted by aarpaso View Post
                                    What are you saying? can you back up what you say.
                                    Do yourself a favor, and do a little research. You might be surprised!

Comment

• i'm not the one making the accusation you are. either back up what you are saying or keep well you know.

its clear that you are a licker,and that anyone that dislikes that form of abuse is on your get list.so you do your own research find out how alone the lickers really are.
                                      the Shelbyville Slime's not going to save the TWH,the people who want a stop to the BIG LICK end of stacks and pads will.its only a matter of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by aarpaso View Post
                                        i'm not the one making the accusation you are. either back up what you are saying or keep well you know.

its clear that you are a licker,and that anyone that dislikes that form of abuse is on your get list.so you do your own research find out how alone the lickers really are.
                                        the Shelbyville Slime's not going to save the TWH,the people who want a stop to the BIG LICK end of stacks and pads will.its only a matter of time.
                                        You are really an nasty woman, just because we have an old 22 year old padded does not make us Shelbyville Slime, and does not make us abusers. I AM AGAINST SORING as you claim you are. I don't consider my self as "LICKER"...we have four SOUND flat-shod horses. Get off it and get a life, and go after the people that really are guilty of abuse!,
                                        As for as Mr. Preacher...I made no accusations ........I just said google him and make up your own mind. Don't respond to this post, as I am totally unterested in your rant and ravings. Have a great life, and keep up the ranting and ravings...it's good for you blood pressure!

Comment

• Original Poster

aarpaso is not nasty. You cordial, ARE a licker. and although you say big lick can be accomplished without chemical soring - and it probably can - we here feel the abuse is also in the ridiculous package that biomechanically puts the horse's joints at crazy angles. We are talking growing joints as the starter packages go on young horses way under 2 years of age. Add to that the life they have to live - no turnout while stacked - what that does to their mind and body is against nature. You act surprised cordial, that we dont agree with you that BL is just peachy fine.

To move on out of the personal realm here is a page i had not seen before.

http://iceryder.net/sore.html

Comment

Working...
                                          X