• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

FInger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds 2012 Trainer Listings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buffalo colleen View Post
    No need to do that! I was the photographer for R Lady in Blue last fall, and I already sent all the pictures, not just the ones that Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds used on its pro-boards forum last fall. Go for a Gallop sent me in return some lovely photos of this beautiful mare, now known as Daisy, happy and healthy in her pretty Massachusetts home. Perhaps, Go for, you will share those photos on the Finger Lakes Finest Roll Call thread here on COTH, as well as on the Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds Facebook page.
    Between me and Lucky 13, we have taken hundreds of pictures of over a hundred horses over the past couple of years, and if you have a Finest, and we were the photographers, we will be happy to e-mail you photos directly.
    I would LOVE to have any pics you may have of Silent Reflection....she was listed, gee, I can't even remember how long we've had her....3 years...so she was listed in November 3 years ago. She was the little gal who had a really bad crash in her last race. I would also LOVE to see Oughtta Be A Jet's pictures. He was listed maybe3 or 4 years ago....we bought him off the home farm and at the time, he wasn't listed as for sale.
    "Anti-intellect and marketing, pretty, pretty, who needs talent
    Crying eyes, we're so outnumbered, fight for the right to remain silent" Buck 65

Comment

• You might ask Louise here on COTH if she has kept any photographs. Jet was listed initially when she and I still did the listings and I remember those - I just can't recall which one of us took the photos. I have a disc where I saved quite a few photographs but just this year I did delete all of the others off my computer because they were taking up too much space. I think there is one album left that I missed. I'll check it and see who is on there and I'll also take a peek at the disc.

Comment

• Originally posted by maunder View Post
        You might ask Louise here on COTH if she has kept any photographs. Jet was listed initially when she and I still did the listings and I remember those - I just can't recall which one of us took the photos. I have a disc where I saved quite a few photographs but just this year I did delete all of the others off my computer because they were taking up too much space. I think there is one album left that I missed. I'll check it and see who is on there and I'll also take a peek at the disc.
        Thx, Maunder, I did speak to Louise and she didn't have any pics of Jet remaining.
        "Anti-intellect and marketing, pretty, pretty, who needs talent
        Crying eyes, we're so outnumbered, fight for the right to remain silent" Buck 65

Comment

• Chestnuts represent!

Five new Finests - not all chestnut but a couple to keep up with bays and grays. Sign me up for Clever Flight - that is a handsome and elegant looking guy.

Also, props to BC who helped secure a great home for Tanzillion. I believe the new owner posts on CotH so hopefully we will hear about him.

Videos should be up soon as well. One of the horses does not have pictures but has been restarted as a sport horse by her owners. The pictures need to be re-sized but will be posted as soon as that happens.

So if you are having a hard time figuring out what to do with your Saturday night, come on over and do a little shopping.
          Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
          fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

https://beerbudgetdressage.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks, R w/O, for the props -- but helping wonderful horse people who will provide great homes for Finests is such a rewarding labor of love that it is its own reward.
            I took Tanzillion's new person all around the track yesterday, and we looked at many horses while taking some new listings in between bouts of hail and rain and then rays of sunshine. She was so impressed by the quality of the horses at Finger Lakes, and found many that were oh soooo tempting, but I kind of knew Tanzillion would be the lucky one. As we walked down the shed row to see another horse, she stopped at Tanzillion's stall without even knowing who it was, and they started bonding. And then after seeing so many other wonderful horses that we both thought were impressive, she was drawn back to Tanzillion's stall, and as I watched them interact I just knew I was seeing the blooming of a new love affair.
            When I got the call this afternoon that he had passed the vet inspection with flying colors I was just ecstatic. And then I had to break the news to three other people who were also craving Tanzillion and were waiting with bated breath to find out about the decision of the first person to the plate, that they were going to have to consider other Finests, because the amazing Mr. T. had found his person.
            It has been quite a couple of days, with so many people trying to be the first to get Offshore Score and Tanzillion. Now that these horses have landed in such great new homes, please everyone who follows the Finger Lakes horses available through Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds, rremember that there are many other great horses still looking for their person -- and more newly listed each week. Finest indeed! If a horse catches your fancy, move fast!
            Several of the latest additions to our listings on the Finest website are reallly fine horses indeed. For example, Princeofproximity almost wooed Tanzillion's lucky new person to take him instead.
            The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
            http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
            Find us on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Comment

• Website question

Just wondering if it is the same group behind both the Proboards listings and this site, http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/ ?

Either way boy there are a lot of quality horses. Have to say personally though, I am always looking to see if Relatively Ready has found a home yet, he just draws me in. One of the newer listings with only a barn name, Donda, has those wise eyes and a frame that in this one person's opinion would fill out nicely to be my next event horse.

Comment

• Tanzillion's new person checking in here. I've been looking for quite a long time for a "project" horse and biding the wise words of JFS "the right one will pick you". That is exactly how I felt on Friday with "Tanner" (thanks NMK for the barn name). The experience is described perfectly in the above post from buffalo colleen.

Walking around on Friday, I felt like a kid in a candy store. The quality of horses at FL is outstanding. I had criteria set in my mind but I have to say I broke a few of my rules choosing the one I did. He was one of several I had on my list and all of them ran true to their listings. Offshore Score was a lovely as described and I'm happy he went to a new home that day. Definitely check out Princeofproximity, he's nicely put together with lovely movement and temperment. Listening to the trainer describe him while we were out jogging him, I could tell he is an extremely athletic horse.

A big shout out to all the volunteers everywhere who are helping horses transition into new homes/careers regardless of breed or background.
                1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tux61096 View Post
                  Just wondering if it is the same group behind both the Proboards listings and this site, http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/ ?

Either way boy there are a lot of quality horses. Have to say personally though, I am always looking to see if Relatively Ready has found a home yet, he just draws me in. One of the newer listings with only a barn name, Donda, has those wise eyes and a frame that in this one person's opinion would fill out nicely to be my next event horse.
                  No, two different groups.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Tux61096 View Post
                    Agreed -- so many quality horses. There is a reason why we call them Finger Lakes Finest!
                    The gallant Relatively Ready so needs, wants ,and deserves a great new home. I visit him almost every time I go to the track, and he is such a friendly guy.
                    And I am so glad that "Donda" has caught your eye. When I took his listing he impressed me as one of those soulful, level headed, been there done that athletes who would easily transition to a new career and would be a loving loyal companion to boot.
                    I am usually a whiz in working with the Jockey Club registry to get their real names, but this one has stumped me. His owner is a groom for another trainer, and he speaks almost no English, and the trainer who showed him to us for the owner could only supply his best guess at how to spell the name.
                    But whatever this horse's JC name, his wise and kind eyes, nice frame and good movement speak for themselves.
                    Find us on Facebook:

Comment

• Original Poster

And more good new home news comes pouring in!

One Turn Eddie, the gorgeous gray who is a wonderful dressage type mover, found his new person this past weekend, and shipped on Sunday! He will be joining another Finest in his new home. The people who picked him out told me they thought he was a 10+++ mover, and they were also very impressed with what caring horse people his track owner/trainer and wife are. Eddie Maver and his wife Pamela, class acts indeed.
                      And Tanzillion's new owner called me this afternoon to let me know she had picked him up and he went right on the trailer.
                      It really has been quite a roll for Finests finding new homes -- unbelievably gratifying, although exhausting showing so many buyers around and fielding so many phone calls and e-mails. I have never experienced such a line of potential buyers, all awaiting phone calls about the first person's decision, as we have had over the last few days for Offshore Score and Tanzillion.
                      Four horses just in the last three days went to great new homes that the Finger Lakes Finest volunteers helped facilitate. And another one being vetted soon...
                      Let's keep the roll going! Time to step up those of you who have been lurking and thinking.
                      Last edited by buffalo colleen; Oct. 15, 2012, 10:39 PM.
                      Find us on Facebook:

Comment

• So great to hear as the placed list keeps growing! Thank you so much FLF people for doing your volunteer work so these horses can havr homes. Im truely in love with Penny and now Dylan (Just Plan Partners and OffShore Score) and every other one that comes to our barn! Truly is an amazing program for these horses and for us!!! Nothing better than an OTTB!!
                        Nothing better than an OTTB.... Just Plan Partners,Penny, you have stolen my heart<3

http://secondchancethoroughbreds.org

Comment

• Original Poster

And the Placed list grows yet again!

The good new home news has literally been pouring in lately! After passing his PPE with a very clean bill of health, the lovely and very athletic young bay Wana Play shipped this morning to his new home. He will be taking up residence less than a mile from my boarding barn, so it will be fun to watch his progress as he is retrained to become an eventer. Demonstrating that once you get your first FL Finest, you just have to have more, Wana Play will be coming to live with Eleven Lafayette (now known as Teddy) from last year's FLF listings. And the person who has these two Finests is bugging her family to add more stalls to their newly built barn so that she can bring home one for her Mom to ride.

And yesterday a Finest that we had not even been able to get up on the listings yet went to his new home, to a person who had a sentimental attachment to him from past interactions and had been waiting to give him the good post-track life he deserves: Winged Warrior is the lucky guy's name.

WOW, that is SEVEN Finger Lakes Finests placed in just the last week and a half!
                          Find us on Facebook:

Comment

• Videos

Videos are up for

Whyinot Sue, Clever Flight, Grand Rapture, and PrinceofProximity.
                            Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
                            fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

https://beerbudgetdressage.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Original Poster

Another one finds a home!

I know these posts about placed horses are getting a bit repetitive But yes, the great news just keeps coming.
                              The latest lucky Finest is King Kong Kingdoms, one of my personal faves ever since I took his photos back in August.
                              On Saturday I was showing horses to some shoppers looking for a H/J prospect, and as they were mulling over their tough decision because they had seen so many really nice horses, I urged them to come see just one more. And then I watched as one of those wonderful "cupid's arrow" moments happened. King Kong was sweet and ever so appealing and they all cuddled with him as we called his trainer and she said she would come right over. And bingo-- another wonderful horse finds his people!
                              OK folks-- all these great geldings are finding homes, so it's time to step up for the mares! There are some real lovelies awaiting.
                              Find us on Facebook:

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalo colleen View Post
                                But yes, the great news just keeps coming.
                                YAY! Thats great news! I know things are moving along and there are a lot of great horses left, and time is ticking down for the season. I hope they all get warm cozy barns for the holidays! I look forward to the updates of horses going to their new homes.

Comment

• Awww....I already LOVE Teahupoo....why does the barn have to already be full? Hmmm....maybe worth a lotto ticket. lol
                                  Last edited by Callista17; Oct. 24, 2012, 11:31 AM. Reason: Teahuppo to Teahupoo because anon123456 did;) And I read his equibase!

Comment

• AND---Teahupoo won yesterday too!

Is January Baby still available? I don't want to bother her trainer if she has been gone forever. I am in love with both January Baby and Teconic Girl. Hope they both find terrific homes soon or I may need to make one more trip up north.
                                    Last edited by anon123456; Oct. 24, 2012, 10:55 AM. Reason: corrected Teahupoo's name from Teahuppo

Comment

• January Baby

Originally posted by anon123456 View Post
                                      AND---Teahuppo won yesterday too!

Is January Baby still available? I don't want to bother her trainer if she has been gone forever. I am in love with both January Baby and Teconic Girl. Hope they both find terrific homes soon or I may need to make one more trip up north.
                                      Hi! Yes January Baby is still available. She is a total sweetheart. I've ridden her a couple of times and groomed her and trimmed her feet. Her trainer would really like to find her a good home so if you are interested or know someone who is, let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

• Covenhill, thank you! I will see how things stand after this weekends rains (if the barn does not flood in my extra stall) and then I will be making a call. I have Pave the Way and Pure Business here now and they are both terrific gals.

Comment

• Originally posted by anon123456 View Post
                                          Covenhill, thank you! I will see how things stand after this weekends rains (if the barn does not flood in my extra stall) and then I will be making a call. I have Pave the Way and Pure Business here now and they are both terrific gals.
                                          I'm very excited to learn you're interested in January Baby. Bill's horses are great and this one is very sweet. Fingers are crossed your barn does not flood!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X