Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

1539 Hatchaway Bridge Road 100

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weatherbeeta Fly Sheet Help??!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherbeeta Fly Sheet Help??!

Anyone had any experience with these sheets? Specifically the Airflow detach-a-neck?
    I'm looking to order one online, and wanted to know how big/small/true their sizing runs. Also, if it's just going to be destroyed.
    I'm not looking to buy a super fancy-shmancy sheet that reflects UV rays, with built in fly repelent and air conditioning(it's for a pony ), but it does need to stand up to the rest of the evil pony heard.
    I checked SmartPak for reveiws, but there weren't any on this sheet

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by pippinpony; Mar. 30, 2012, 04:58 PM. Reason: Typo
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, your right. - Henry Ford
    Originally posted by Snowflake
    Denial is delightful.

I bought a ridiculously expensive flysheet - I think it was the rambo one - well in less than 24 hours it looked like Swiss Cheese. Never never again would I spend that kind of moola on a fly sheet. I bought Baker which is now going to be it's 3rd season - amazing! I guess it does help that horse has matured from adolesence but still. Sorry I' can't comment on the Amigo, but can give huge props to Baker - runs true to size

Comment

I got my mule a Weatherbeeta fly sheet a few years ago....before the Saxon lines were popular/existed. I did a quick Google image search and it seems to look closest to the Freestyle model; it's light blue. I got it for $20 on Ebay brand new, but definitely recommend it and would happily pay more. My mule, despite being a pony (13.2) and generally hating to wear blankets, is not very destructive to his blankets once they're actually on. Nor are any of his pasture mates. But it seems to have held up well, and kept the bugs off him while not making him too hot.

I'm a big fan of Weatherbeeta stuff in general, actually. I don't have destructive horses, but I have found that everything holds up really well, keeps everyone dry, and it's a bonus that everything comes in fun colors as well! Oh, and what a bonus that it's all affordably priced as well.

Comment

My WeatherBeeta Airflow lasted a season before it was shredded. I didn't mind it, but the horse found it itchy if it got wet.

I found it fit slightly large...but the same as other WeatherBeeta Products.

Now....which models come with built in fly spray and airconditionning? I have a lesson horse that would like to sign up for one of those....
        Freeing worms from cans everywhere!

Comment

I didn't like it very much. It was too large in the shoulder for my horse. It got too hot so I really never used it. I'm actually looking at them as I got a new horse that needs one and I probably won't look at this model (68"). If you find anything out let me know. Otherwise I am a die hard WB brand fan, this one just missed the mark.

Comment

Working...
          X