Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twotrudoc View Post
    with the exception of the 405 (a freeway designed, sanctioned, paid for and built by the devil himself)

Yup.

And you wonder why I want to move to the South!!
    You'll still hit rain...won't do a bit of good to move...

Originally posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    I feel your pain - I drive from Snohomish down to Yelm/Rainier - I hate the traffic from Tacoma Dome past JBLM exits - 405?? Parking lot.
    One of the worst. For some reason, traffic bottlenecks there. Maybe the grade??

Originally posted by mvp View Post
    That's what you get for even attempting to own show horses in the PNW.

I don't see how this much water can fall out of the sky.
    I live in the dry part of Oregon, east of the mountains and WE have so much water falling out of the sky, the hills in my pasture are swampy!! Even snowing, it's usually so dry here, I normally have to have a humidifier going. Not this year...

Originally posted by PNWjumper View Post
    (courtesy of the Washingston State ferry system)
    I've been on that ferry. Scared me to death, sitting in the pickup.... That was when I was in the military.

Yes, the reason it's green is because of the mold!
    Very true. There are picnic tables covered in mold and moss, so much so you can't sit at them. I always felt if you stayed still too long, the gunky would grow on you too!!
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Comment

• Original Poster

I've lived in the south and loved it.

It's day three of 40 degree grey rainy day here, we *might* get some sun Monday then 4 more days of this crap.
      It rains everywhere . I am just done with living in a place where it does more often than not.

Comment

ROFL - yep ya got me on that one!!

The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
        H. Cate

Comment

MVP, I didn't know you lived up here!!

We've been underwater for about, um, three weeks or five weeks, I lost track there for a while. I think five. Where I normally throw the ball for my dogs at the barn is a pond so deep ducks swim in it. The last two springs have been like this, before that it didn't do that. This rain is crazy. We have wind too. Yesterday we stopped at the barn real quick so I could feed Rory some treats (DH had already been out and got to ride, so glad I'm going back to days), and the wind was so hard I had to seriously put my shoulder into the truck door to get out.

If we could get wind and no rain for a week, this swamp would dry up. But we all know that won't happen.
          COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Comment

• Original Poster

Did you see what happened on the Narrows Bridge yesterday??

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/M...145237525.html

I see the forecast for Mon is no longer partly cloudy- we have a nice line up of pouring down rain with 4 degrees for at least a week.

Comment

No I didn't see that - geez.
              Oh goody on the weather!!

Originally posted by twotrudoc View Post
              Did you see what happened on the Narrows Bridge yesterday??

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/M...145237525.html

I see the forecast for Mon is no longer partly cloudy- we have a nice line up of pouring down rain with 4 degrees for at least a week.
              The problem with political jokes is that they get elected.
              H. Cate

Comment

And the moss! If you're near Snohomish, don't miss Jake's Cafe on the same road as Pilchuck, I think it's 2nd. Great food and if you come for lunch, order french fries but be sure you have at least one or two others with you. They're handcut and you get an enormous serving and are delish. Introduce yourself to Lori, she's the red headed watress, a fellow horseperson and a personal friend of mine.
                Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Comment

• Original Poster

That and the Maltby Cafe for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                  X