Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The nerve of that woman, selling a pony!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Originally Posted by RxCate
    The intent of the page and that post have by no means gone over my head. Snark and I are good friends. I enjoy it on a daily basis.

However, the page owner very unclear as to what her point was. She made a number of comments on the thread that do not reflect what is quoted above.

There were also a large number of posters who DID focus on the sale of the pony as the reason to hate on the seller.

THEIR response is clearly the point of THIS thread, not bashing the "SUPER" nice page owner.

The page owner need not fear that I will return to "bash" her. I have no intention of visiting her site again or forwarding any shares that cross my page. Not because she posted what she did, but because she couldn't keep her reasons straight nor could she see that most "horse people" were responding to comments about how horrible they think it is to sell a poo' widdle pomee. Some tried to shed light on the seller motivations, but the page owner didn't think that wasn't necessary. Snark is fun, but occasionally there comes a time when you ought realize you were snarking up the wrong tree from the get-go. I very rarely posted comments over there and understand she won't miss me. I'm cool with that.

Mom made a mistake by buying a pony for Christmas but she didn't deserve to be skewered by a snark site for stating the kid preferred ATVs.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Comment

It's funny as snark...women eating their own placentas and women raising Indigo Children..snark worthy *and* doesn't require knowing what you;re speaking of.

Not funny? Posting a good sales ad and saying the mother is a ____ and a toddler is even worse and the STFU person reasons are:

Once a pony is tamed, it bonds with the people and those people HAVE to keep it for life.

The toddler is a bunch of swear words because she demanded a pony and then demanded mom to dump the pony and buy her an ATV. None of which is true...mom got tot pony for Christmas. Turns out tot is rare non-horsie child. Mom sells pony to purchase replacement gift. Where is the demanded brat in there?

STFU says straight out that since Mom was so stupid and tot was such a spoiled brat that Mom is now required to keep that pony forever. As punishment? Weird.

And then add in all the people calling both a toddler and a mother selling a pony words that can't be repeated here. These are real folks who didn't do *anything* wrong or even snark worthy. Mom didn't drink a placenta, tot didn't beat a puppy to death. And the reactions on there? Holy off the wall. Imagine coming across that crap after posting a sales ad?

So yeah, funny snark most of the time. Crabby and nasty and completely uncalled for this time. I don't see a single thing worthy of calling people effing lady-parts and hoping they die in that CL ad. Do you?

And I mean this singular instance, not saying, "Well usually I love her site and usually she's nice so this time is perfectly fine to wish people dead for selling a well cared for pony."
      You jump in the saddle,
      Hold onto the bridle!
      Jump in the line!
      ...Belefonte

Comment

I see no problem in selling a pony/ horse that either does not fit what was it's intended use or not wanted. My only reservation would be that you make sure it's a happy transaction for all concerned 2 and 4 legged.

Now an aged animal is a whole new situation. An animal that has given you years of enjoyment, contributed to your breeding program, taught multiple family members to ride etc. they deserve to be cared for and protected for the rest of their life.

Comment

Talk about ending a conversation! Wow..................

Comment

LOL, I hate when that happens.

The mini that these strange people were getting frothy over is 6 years old and seems to be child safe according to the ad.

A great new buddy for a lucky new horse crazy child.

The people on that conversation did point to where all the animal rights wingnuts come from though. Holy cow! Scary!
            You jump in the saddle,
            Hold onto the bridle!
            Jump in the line!
            ...Belefonte

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Roadapple Cider View Post
              Now an aged animal is a whole new situation. An animal that has given you years of enjoyment, contributed to your breeding program, taught multiple family members to ride etc. they deserve to be cared for and protected for the rest of their life.
              Sometimes, protecting them means sending them on. I bought my first horse back after 11 years, when his owner began to lose her battle with cancer. She wanted to keep him forever, but just couldn't.

I kept him until his death 7 years later. He taught me so much about horse care in the 13 total years I owned him, that I felt I owed it to him to provide the best retirement I could. That also meant leaving him behind with a trusted friend when a job offer brought me to Virginia. I chose his final home well. That's all a grumpy old man-horse could ask for
              I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
              Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Comment

I just thought I'd throw in that while dumping a dog at the pound IS irresponsible, IMO, finding a new home for a dog you don't "click" with isn't. All dogs have different personalities, keeping a dog you don't like isn't doing the dog any favors.
                "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by RxCate View Post
                  She wouldn't have a blog, and actually we'd probably lose 70% of blogs out there if all they did was write boring intellectual dribble...
                  I would be totally okay with 70% (or more) blogs going away.
                  I have CDO. It's like OCD, but all the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be!

Comment

I think in the non-horse world of pets there is some anger toward families who take on pets and then get rid of them, either because they lose interest or because they didn't fully understand the responsibilities of pet ownership.

Esepcially this time of year, with the bunnies/chicks at Easter as well as the cute kittens/puppies that will grow up.

Both because it's unfair to the unwanted pet who is now adult and not as cute anymore and will have trouble finding a new home, and because it doesn't teach the kids responsbility and follow-through.

We horse people know that extending such judgment to horses is crazy for a lot of reasons. But I'm sure there are plenty of kids whose parents are forcing them to stick it out with their hamster/rabbit/dog to teach them a lesson.

Comment

I tried to read it all....

I think about half way through my brain started to bleed.

I will agree that the mom needs her decision making privileges revoked, though.
                      Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
                      RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
                      RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
                      RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5

Comment

Working...
                      X