• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Someone needs this Cajun CANTER Cutie! NEW PICS post 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs this Cajun CANTER Cutie! NEW PICS post 13

CANTER Gulf South got a new listing today:

Sneaky Sneakers

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings

Someone NEEDS her. She is cute, cute, cute!!

So who's going to take her home and update us on her progress?
    Last edited by sparky6; Feb. 27, 2011, 10:15 AM.

She looks wasp waisted to me...but I really like her!
    http://poorwomanshowing.blogspot.com/
    R.I.P. Eagles Hill. 4/6/00-12/10/11.

Comment

Wow! Hubba Hubbah! Now if she could just grow.... I bet she'll grow to at least 15.2, but she's too narrow for my long legs :-(

Comment

She's cute, but I'd want to know why she'd been pin fired in her LH fetlock.

Comment

I love her, all 15.1 of her! Just get her some groceries and ooo-la-la!
          Looking for horse activity in the Twin Tiers? Follow my blog at http://thetwintiershorse.blogspot.com/

Comment

I want her based on her name alone! Too cute.

Comment

She has good bone structure. Some does need to steal her. Betcha she'll grow a little and she does not need to be huge to jump or do dressage. She'd be great for a small female rider!
              ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
              *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
              *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
              My Facebook

Comment

Oh she's going to grow... if she's listed as a 3yo chances are she hasn't hit her real third birthday yet... My CANTER filly was a coming 4 year old and has grown 2 inchs since I brought her home...

Comment

She was born on January 4, 2008, so she is actually 3 and a couple of months. But I would imagine she is not finished growing.

Comment

I shouldn't have looked. lol

Someone needs to go get her. She has a really lovely trot, even just being jogged a little on the pavement, and I bet she can jump. And gorgeous to boot.

Comment

The pin firing puts me off her though I adore her head and her legs look solid enough. She must have just raced or breezed before those pics were taken for her to be that sucked up.
                      Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
                      Originally Posted by alicen:
                      What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Comment

Leilatigress, she raced last Saturday (2/19) and finished 5th of 8 runners.

I didn't take the listing, but I'm looking at the original photo (not resized to the smaller size on the CANTER site), and it looks more like four scrapes on the lh, but that would definitely be something to ask the trainer about. If anyone wants to the larger original photo to examine, pm me or Sparky6.

Comment

• Original Poster

I took her listing so I have a couple extra pics than are on the CANTER site. Just zoomed one of them with no other retouching and it looks like those marks on her LH are just some superficial scrapes. I'll work on posting the zoomed pic in a non-facebook format for anyone who wants to see. For anyone that wants the full-sized files, feel free to request them!

Obviously a pre-purchase is always advised and you should talk to her trainer.

ETA: Here's a photobucket album of all of her pics: http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...NTER%20Horses/

And while we're discussing cute bay mares, please check out Forest Dawn. I took her listing a couple of weeks ago and I promise she is MUCH cuter than her pictures show! When I went back yesterday I didn't see her trainer to try for some better shots, but she is definitely worth a look.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings

Comment

Sucking up never ever bugs me. I expect it in race horses and it doesn't affect my decision on them. I LOVE her chest and she will likely bulk up both behind and in front with work and age. She looks so much like my fav tb mare at our stable I was not shocked to find they are 1/2 sisters. The one at our barn was never raced and does eventing with her teen rider. She's never been lame and has the same head. Wonderful work ethic and a bit of a comedian. Those do look like scrapes and not pin firing and I wonder if she might of either clipped herself or caught that foot on something. I've seen worse and if treated correctly they won't show when they heal.
                            Forest Dawn - mmmm me likey! Love the shoulder, love the head, wish she would stand square but the volunteers do such an awesome job showing what they got. I LOVE the instant response for the request to trot out. No hesitation at all just yes here we go especially with all that stuff going on around her she notices it but still focuses. Nice over track too and that trot is springy!
                            Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
                            Originally Posted by alicen:
                            What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Comment

Those aren't pin fire or freeze fire marks. Those are form hitting front to back while galloping or during a race. She has also caught the heel on her left front foot. So she likely just isn't getting her front feet out of the way of her hind feet when she moves. I've had a few like that and once they have developed "riding" muscles and their feet have changed a bit, it stops. This filly has a huge shoulder and lovely, high set neck. Turn her out, let her grow and get fat on some grass and she'll look like a completely different animal. The only thing I don't care for (if I had to be REALLLLY picky) is that she's got really long cannons and she's got a long coupling. That being said I doubt it would effect her ability to round up and carry herself well. Pretty girl.
                              RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Comment

Bump for this cool filly with very fun name. Thanks guys for these very helpful comments:

Originally posted by leilatigress View Post
                                Sucking up never ever bugs me. I expect it in race horses and it doesn't affect my decision on them. ...... Love the shoulder, love the head.
                                And more great info.

Originally posted by jenarby View Post
                                Those aren't pin fire or freeze fire marks. Those are form hitting front to back while galloping or during a race. She has also caught the heel on her left front foot. So she likely just isn't getting her front feet out of the way of her hind feet when she moves. I've had a few like that and once they have developed "riding" muscles and their feet have changed a bit, it stops.

This filly has a huge shoulder and lovely, high set neck. Turn her out, let her grow and get fat on some grass and she'll look like a completely different animal. The only thing I don't care for (if I had to be REALLLLY picky) is that she's got really long cannons and she's got a long coupling. That being said I doubt it would effect her ability to round up and carry herself well. Pretty girl.

Comment

Evenif they were pinfiring, Benny was pinfired (his injury was on a leg that didn't have it) and never took a bad step on his front legs where it had been done and if I squint I see what looks like pinfire marks on Lucky, who never had an injury beyond a quarter grab in 64 starts. Wouldn't worry me at all.

And I agree with jenarby, the only thing I don't like about Sneakers is those long thin cannons and pasterns (coupled with 4x5x5 inbreeding to RaN and his crappy-ankle genes.) But the overall picture is pretty enough as long as she wasn't bred (or at least wasn't crossed on a stallion with lots of RaN) it wouldn't be something I'd worry about.

Hard to judge on the short videos, though, but I do like Forest Dawn's way of going better.
                                  Author Page
                                  Like Omens In the Night on Facebook
                                  Steampunk Sweethearts

Comment

Sneakers is cute, but Forest Dawn is STUNNING! I'd take her in a heartbeat, if I were in the market.

And, JMO but Sneakers looks a LOT taller than 15.1 to me. Unless the handler is a teeny tiny herself, that is. Even so, I'm only 5'2" and I look taller than that when standing next to a 15.1 hander.
                                    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
                                    A life lived by example, done too soon.
                                    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Comment

Sneaky Sneakers is still looking for a home.

Also, we listed a new little filly today; she needs to be placed quickly as her trainer needs the stall. http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings
                                      Last edited by iloverocky; Mar. 19, 2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                      X