Sport Horse Spotlight

Flamenco head 2 (web)_300DH

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tropical Rider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical Rider

Does anyone know if Tropical Rider is still in business. Website doesnt' seem current. I've been horseless for several years, but I have a pair of their Toasties winter breeches without patches on them. They're the best thing I've had for winter dog activities. Would love to find another pair

They continue to send me emails.

I'm curious about their deerskin seat breeches but reluctant to order sight unseen.

I am actually wearing my Kerrits boot cut fleece breeches as casual wear in our cold snap. They work really well and aren't skin tight

Comment

Originally posted by Marshfield View Post
      Does anyone know if Tropical Rider is still in business. Website doesnt' seem current. I've been horseless for several years, but I have a pair of their Toasties winter breeches without patches on them. They're the best thing I've had for winter dog activities. Would love to find another pair
      Stickyseat makes bootcut breeches without patches or grip, for winter activities like skiing. I have a pair of their winter breeches and they keep me warm down into the teens.

Comment

I haven't ordered anything in the past year or so, but their website looks normal to me. Their winter breeches are the best! I periodically order from them and have never had a problem. Send them an email if you aren't sure.

Comment

I think they are still good! I ordered a couple of pairs during the holiday sales and I still get current emails from them.
          ~* Be kind to one another *~

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Scribbler View Post
            They continue to send me emails.

I'm curious about their deerskin seat breeches but reluctant to order sight unseen.

I am actually wearing my Kerrits boot cut fleece breeches as casual wear in our cold snap. They work really well and aren't skin tight
            I loved their deerskin breeches. I have held on to mine despite being horse free for years.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by reefy! View Post
              I think they are still good! I ordered a couple of pairs during the holiday sales and I still get current emails from them.
              Good to know. When I tried to click on things on the website, as if to order it gave me random numbers for quantities. Perhaps just a glitchy webpage day. I'll give them a call later in the week then, to order. I do remember their customer service as being stellar

Comment

I'm glad you posted this. I have a pair of them and for the life of me cannot remember the last time I saw them or where they might be... off to search!

Comment

Just FYI, they no longer offer Toasties, only Toasties Lite. Which I'm very sad about! When I contacted them they said they sold way more Lite then the heavier weight, so it wasn't worth it to keep offering them
                  Yvonne Lucas
                  Red Moon Farm
                  redmoonfarm.com

"Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect." - Jim Wofford

"Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant." - Jim Wofford

Comment

Originally posted by yventer View Post
                    Just FYI, they no longer offer Toasties, only Toasties Lite. Which I'm very sad about! When I contacted them they said they sold way more Lite then the heavier weight, so it wasn't worth it to keep offering them
                    Bummer! I love my Toasties.
                    "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

Comment

That's a bummer. But the only thing "wrong" with their Toasties is that they last forever. So you don't have to keep re-buying like you do with other brands (cough, cough, FITS).

Comment

Maybe if enough of us request they offer the heavier Toasties again, they will? Even if in only one color, maybe?
                        Yvonne Lucas
                        Red Moon Farm
                        redmoonfarm.com

"Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect." - Jim Wofford

"Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant." - Jim Wofford

Comment

Working...
                        X