Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equestrians against Normalcy game - anyone played it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equestrians against Normalcy game - anyone played it?

This has been around for a few years and I have been intrigued, but I have yet to take the plunge and buy the deck - probably mostly because I don't have a chance to gather up my horse friends for a game!

(Traffic in this area and living far apart - and the barn I've been boarding at for 7 years is almost exclusively a breeding/layup/retiree operation, so no "group of boarders" to get together )

https://www.horsenation.com/2017/12/...inst-normalcy/

I'm an Eventer and I think the eventing deck would be hysterical, but the "regular" deck looks pretty damn funny too. How many people are required to play?

Reviews? (I suspect they will be raves, LOL.)

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I'm interested to hear about it, too!
    No matter where you go, there you are

Comment

I only have the Whole Herd Deck, and have played a few times. You need at least 3 players, probably 4-6 is best.

As someone mentioned, it can be tough to gather everyone at the same time, but once you do, it is great fun. I would like to get another deck or two - especially the dressage one.
      "So relax! Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun goddamnit." Crash Davis; Bull Durham

Comment

I have a bunch of different decks and they are mixed in with my Cards Against Humanity game since my friends aren't really horsey people. It entertains me to watch them try to figure out how to play the horse cards. 3 players really isn't any fun imo, you can definitely tell who is playing what card. We usually get a group of 4-8. More than that and it is like herding cats trying to get everyone focused and paying attention to the game.

Comment

It really sounds like it would be fun to play!

Comment

I am the creator behind EAN I will admit there are COTH forum references in some of the decks lmao.
            There are a TON of different decks available since the release Dressage, Western Pleasure, Eventing, H/J, two different Whole Herd Decks, plus the Original Jump Off Decks 1,2,3. They are also on sale for $23.99 vs $29.99 until small business Sat

Comment

^^^ Very cool! I want to order a deck. Can you post a link? Thanks.

Comment

Just ordered mine! Can’t wait to get a group from the barn together and play! What a neat idea for a game Couture TB!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
                  ^^^ Very cool! I want to order a deck. Can you post a link? Thanks.
                  So that Couture TB doesn't get in trouble for advertising, here is the link:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/desig...ainst-normalcy
                  "So relax! Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun goddamnit." Crash Davis; Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by MissAriel View Post

Thanks MissAriel I didn’t want to post a link to it. Honestly that is why I have t posted anything about EAN on here. I didn’t want to have people think I was advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by JumperDreams View Post
                      Just ordered mine! Can’t wait to get a group from the barn together and play! What a neat idea for a game Couture TB!

please let me know what you think! People seem to have a blast playing it and I love to get feedback

Comment

Just ordered 2 decks for gifts, what a great idea this game is.

Comment

Originally posted by rockonxox View Post
                          I have a bunch of different decks and they are mixed in with my Cards Against Humanity game since my friends aren't really horsey people. It entertains me to watch them try to figure out how to play the horse cards. 3 players really isn't any fun imo, you can definitely tell who is playing what card. We usually get a group of 4-8. More than that and it is like herding cats trying to get everyone focused and paying attention to the game.
                          Now that's an idea.

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the input!

I have a friend who has a bunch of the cards; she's willing to lend them to me if I have a horsey get-together (and would certainly be invited to it, but she lives over an hour away - close to my barn, but not my house :/)

The tricky part is getting enough people together since only one of my horse friends lives less than 30-40 minutes away, most of them are at least an hour away and it's asking a lot for them to schlepp here - traffic is just AWFUL near me (7 days a week.)

If I could find someplace to meet up equidistant from us, that would be great...
                            "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Comment

Originally posted by MissAriel View Post

Good thought. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X