Sport Horse Spotlight

8ISF-5732

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with unfriendly boarders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scribbler View Post
    I think also there is a sound alike thing driving this shift. Ignorant sounds like ignore so that sounds you've wilfully ignored some rule of etiquette or some person, or you are raised by wolves white trash or similar. That's not really in my vocabulary but I realize that's the current meaning.

I find it really interesting when words shift meaning sideways like this.
    The first time I heard the word ignorant it sounded like an insult. I think if you just say someone is ignorant, it sounds like they are ignorant about everything. If you say ignorant about ___, I think it is more neutral. I can think of so many things I was ignorant about when I was younger!

That's fine, many of us have slid down this slippery slope and became very happy (and broke) doing it. We may not have a retirement, but we have memories ...

Comment

Working...
    X