Sport Horse Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuffrider Ladies Regal Supreme Field Boots - anyone ride in these?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuffrider Ladies Regal Supreme Field Boots - anyone ride in these?

Looking for some input since they are on (the dreaded) TOTD - a good discount so Iā€™m willing to chance it.

How is the footbed in particular? I need a wider toebox for my wonky feet and I noticed that these have a square toe.

TIA!
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I don't remember which ones I have (at work so can't look at box) but I have Tuffrider's and, frankly, I love them. I have square toes and the square toe on the boot is very comfy. I also have arthritic feet so the angle of the heel to the toe has to be precise so i don't scream (not kidding). I enjoy my boots very much!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by MzCarol View Post
      I don't remember which ones I have (at work so can't look at box) but I have Tuffrider's and, frankly, I love them. I have square toes and the square toe on the boot is very comfy. I also have arthritic feet so the angle of the heel to the toe has to be precise so i don't scream (not kidding). I enjoy my boots very much!
      Thanks, MzCarol !

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Comment

I had these for a while and the same problem happened with both pairs (bought about a year apart). The footbed cracked run under the ball of my foot on both boots of both pairs. That's the only negative I had though. They were decent boots, though I'm much happier having just bit the bullet and bought Ariats again.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by initiate1987 View Post
          I had these for a while and the same problem happened with both pairs (bought about a year apart). The footbed cracked run under the ball of my foot on both boots of both pairs. That's the only negative I had though. They were decent boots, though I'm much happier having just bit the bullet and bought Ariats again.
          Hmm, that's definitely weird - so, how often did you ride in them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post

Hmm, that's definitely weird - so, how often did you ride in them?
            I was riding in them every day. I think each pair lasted about a year.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by initiate1987 View Post

I was riding in them every day. I think each pair lasted about a year.
              Ah, okay - thanks. My Donatellos are still in good shape otherwise (rose in them 5 days a week for about 9-10 months), have just fallen so they sink down when I ride. Not a good look for showing! šŸ˜

They were my first pair of the really soft leather boots and I love them otherwise - but learned my lesson and will save my new pair for competition and wear half chaps for daily riding.

Another question (while I have you): how slim is the calf? I wore a slim in the Donatellos (my wider calf is 11 1/2 inches), but they were snug at the beginning; obviously stretched out nicely. Is the Tuffrider leather similar in terms of stretchiness?

TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post

Ah, okay - thanks. My Donatellos are still in good shape otherwise (rose in them 5 days a week for about 9-10 months), have just fallen so they sink down when I ride. Not a good look for showing! šŸ˜

They were my first pair of the really soft leather boots and I love them otherwise - but learned my lesson and will save my new pair for competition and wear half chaps for daily riding.

Another question (while I have you): how slim is the calf? I wore a slim in the Donatellos (my wider calf is 11 1/2 inches), but they were snug at the beginning; obviously stretched out nicely. Is the Tuffrider leather similar in terms of stretchiness?

TIA!
                The calf was the same for both my Ariats and the Tuffriders (regular). I found that the Tuffriders came needing very little break in or stretching. They were soft right out of the box.

Comment

I have these and have worn them for 3 years!! https://www.amazon.com/TuffRider-Lad...%2C137&sr=8-18

I do not ride in them daily but also have very much neglected cleaning them for the past two years. I am between a size 8.5 and 9 in most shoes and got these in a 9. They are roomy at the toe and calf (I have borderline wide calves) in the regular width. They have held up well and the only issue I have noticed are the toes are scuffed from lack of proper care.

initiate1987 is correct from what I can tell, in that they do not need breaking in. Mine were soft and supple straight out of the box! Once these fully wear out I will replace them with the same boots. I do not show and would likely buy Ariats for that if I did, but these are excellent schooling and training boots IMHO.
                  Lovebug "Bugs" 2006-2019

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the input!

I went ahead and ordered them, fingers crossed that TOTD actually DELIVERS them. (I'm still waiting on gloves I ordered from them almost a month ago I don't even WANT to order from them anymore - but sometimes they offer deep discounts on stuff I want and need, so my resistance is worn down...)

Comment

I have the el cheapo Tuff Rider "starter field boots" as my everyday barn boots. When I purchased them they cost about $77. They're up to $80-something now, synthetic, nice and tall. I've been very happy with then. If figured if they lasted 1-2 years, they'd be worth it. They're five years old now, and just beginning to get a few cracks on the side of the foot and high on the leg. Still completely usable, but I'll probably order a new pair soon. Comfortable, have a zipper, look nice. I showed my horse in them for a long time because he was/is a spook, and I didn't want to be in a position of having expensive show boots cut off me if the worst happened!!!

ETA: The model I bought doesn't come in half-sizes, so I ordered the next size up and they fit fine, super comfortable from day one.

Comment

Working...
                      X