Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

JR-1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He Is Gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IdahoRider
    started a topic He Is Gone

He Is Gone

I helped my good boy over The Bridge today. The cold spell we had, where it dropped down into the teens, told me that I was right a couple of weeks ago.

And today was glorious. Much warmer. He got to take a sun bath without a blanket on. And he was stuffed full of carrots. And he was loved. He was so loved.

I am shattered. But I know that it was the last loving thing I could do for him.
    Sheilah

• Bugs's Mom
    replied
    So sorry for your loss. Huge hugs!

Leave a comment:

• glitterless
    replied
    What a beautiful boy he was. Hugs to you. So sorry for your loss.

Leave a comment:

• luckymaverick
    replied
    So very sorry for your loss of sweet Noodle. He was a lovely boy. Jingles and hugs to you.

Leave a comment:

• arabhorse2
    replied
    Godspeed, good horse. May you run free and young among the stars.

My deepest condolences, Sheila. It's the last, best gift we can give our beloved companions, but oh how it hurts when that whinny is finally stilled.

Leave a comment:

• Dressurfrau
    replied
    I'm so sorry. I lost my old guy last year and it's heart breaking.

Leave a comment:

• walktrot
    replied

((((More hugs))))

I always get teary-eyed reading these posts because it is such a stark reminder of what the future holds.

Julie Goodnight has a wonderful article on her website after losing her horse when he collapsed in the arena. Click on Academy, then Free Articles. It's called Dealing with the Death of a Horse.

Leave a comment:

• Posting Trot
    replied
    It's a very hard decision to make even when it's the right decision to make. I'm sure you have wonderful memories of him to help you through the loss.

Leave a comment:

• WildLittleWren
    replied
    So sorry for your loss. One of the hardest decisions we have to make as a horse owner. Hugs.

Leave a comment:

• equinelaundry
    replied
    Godspeed Noodle. Peace to the human you leave behind.

Leave a comment:

• Angela Freda
    replied
    So very sorry for your loss.

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Ah, dear Sheilah, I am so very sorry. It is the last, hardest thing we can do for them. You did your best for him, right to the end. Thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• stb
    replied
    I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

Leave a comment:

• cayuse
    replied
    I am sorry for your loss. Rest easy, Noodle.

Leave a comment:

• RMJacobs
    replied
    I am so sorry.

Rebecca

Leave a comment:

• JanM
    replied
    Hugs.

Leave a comment:

• jonquil
    replied
    Hugs.

Leave a comment:

• Edre
    replied
    So sorry to hear this. Sending all my love to you... your stories about him made me smile. How lucky he was to have you, who put his care and comfort above all, but also, how fortunate you were to have him. He sounds like he was a lovely, lovely boy. Sympathies for your loss.

Leave a comment:

• sophie
    replied
    I'm SO sorry, IdahoRider /Sheilah. (((hugs)))
    RIP Noodle.
    We all know this is part of horse ownership but how ever we prepare ourselves for it we are never ready. It's so hard to let them go. Kudos to you for making the right decision. Noodle had a great life with you, and as long as those memories are in your heart and you share them, he will still be there.

Leave a comment:

• fordtraktor
    replied
    ((Hugs)) I know you've been struggling with this decision for a while, I remember your posts. You did good, mom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X