Sport Horse Spotlight

Sternlicht_CF_Stallion_Web-1583x1266

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He Is Gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Is Gone

I helped my good boy over The Bridge today. The cold spell we had, where it dropped down into the teens, told me that I was right a couple of weeks ago.

And today was glorious. Much warmer. He got to take a sun bath without a blanket on. And he was stuffed full of carrots. And he was loved. He was so loved.

I am shattered. But I know that it was the last loving thing I could do for him.
    Sheilah

Truly one of the most gut-wrenching decisions to make. So sorry for you.

Comment

So so sorry for your loss, I hope your lovely memories always stay with you.

Comment

So sorry for your loss! (((((HUGS)))))
        "You can't fix stupid"- Ron White

Comment

I am so sorry. This seems to be a time for so many to say good bye to their fine equine friends. I still can't believe that Rocky is no more.

This has been on COTH for years. It is so, so good, and yes, "This it be right."

SCM1959

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZJXr0K9qjY

Comment

I’m sorry for your loss. Big (((hugs)))
            ~ Enjoying some guac and boxed wine at the Blue Saddle inn. ~

Originally posted by LauraKY
            I'm sorry, but this has "eau de hoarder" smell all over it.
            HORSING mobile training app

Comment

So sorry for your loss. More HUGS to you.

Comment

Add some hugs from me. I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I'm happy to hear he got to go warm, safe, and happy though. So many don't get that option. Many ((((hugs))))
                  Leap, and the net will appear

Comment

That is probably the hardest thing a horse owner (or any pet owner) can do....but it is the "right thing", when you know it is time. So sorry for your loss...YOU are the brave one and your horse will always love you...and you, him.
                    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
                    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Sending virtual hugs to you {{{{{ IdahoRider }}}}}.
                      ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

I'm glad you could be brave for your boy - now it's time to grieve and remember all the good that he was.
                        {{hugs}}
                        ~* Be kind to one another *~

Comment

{{{{Sheilah}}}}

Susan

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss

Comment

Sometimes the kindest thing we can do is to replace their pain with our own. {{{hugs}}}
                              "Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them."
                              -Richard S. Bach

Comment

Very sorry for you.
                                Tell us one of your favorite things about him- what's something that makes you smile right now, even if through tears?
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by HungarianHippo View Post
                                  Very sorry for you.
                                  Tell us one of your favorite things about him- what's something that makes you smile right now, even if through tears?
                                  ​​​​​​
                                  /\
                                  ​​​​​​Do this, it does help.
                                  And, if you can, post a pic of your guy.

{{HUGS}}
                                  You did your best for him.
                                  Glad the weather cooperates.
                                  *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
                                  Steppin' Out 1988-2004
                                  Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
                                  Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

So long good horse.
                                    He had a great friend in you IdahoRider, right through to the end. Condolences and hugs.
                                    One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
                                    William Shakespeare

Comment

Thank you for having the strength to make the hardest decision of all.

I know you are devastated right now, but it will feel easier over time.
                                      "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

Big hugs for doing the right thing, even when so impossibly hard.

Comment

Working...
                                        X