Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual "Gee Whiz" video tour of Ohio QH Congress barn aisle custom build-out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual "Gee Whiz" video tour of Ohio QH Congress barn aisle custom build-out.

https://www.facebook.com/10000586875...DMyMTMyNzQ3OQ/

Highpoint Performance Horses, Pilot Point, Texas, shows off the custom build-out of their standard show stall barn aisles.

And an overview of many barn fronts on a main aisle:
    https://www.facebook.com/gohorseshow...vRwfyw&__xts__[0]=68.ARApx-oA1HsMyKrABkxlRhaaFjxM6rTyQLpl4ekRwFlPWHGR3-N5v9nC47epJ8zztvdOEtIEREeRCeglVWMztja1vHw40kvrwJfP 9QS2evuUlkODA2bAPwIzPUXhuEPIRbi97JaXLpZJ1Sbho4kiFi JhASk64w97QnrtdaigqjG0MftVttTRGPIIXS-DK-YD5AQgepfNO0WeXKreGUhNZW2dvfmp1ihTLTXF2uQo_YLVhQgr Z56h0uYE916cK2b08XHAaaAE3SP5qpKldUeAUNLL2pLE6UdAhk OGdItBNSIDWOCmi6IoNQkGzUUfCuxHp3UDZTmHj3MOj07EqFvs 4ycis8UyYrLQH96ExcII5exP45TNseza_YeJDKH9f_BE8eFB01 msXpNcwzqmxh_ijHXs4KvJ954GABHfCfypLT10gMEuNnTCMb2F w-QQoHsPmKflhQ
    Last edited by Plumcreek; Oct. 18, 2019, 03:15 AM. Reason: Added more
    Comprehensive Equestrian Site Planning and Facility Design
    www.lynnlongplanninganddesign.com

holy smokes...

Comment

Yep. They were all really impressive! We spent a day walking up and down all the aisles last week. Just insane. It took a couple 3 weeks to do their set up. Crazy!

Comment

When people think their stall curtains and potted plants look fancy at a hunter/jumper show, you show them this

Comment

Originally posted by StormyDay View Post
          When people think their stall curtains and potted plants look fancy at a hunter/jumper show, you show them this

And we used to think we were All That (back in the early 90s) for bringing a blender & making margaritas

Off to pick my jaw up from where it dropped on seeing HPQH setup.....
          *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
          Steppin' Out 1988-2004
          Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
          Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

Makes hunters look tame! It is amazing what they can do.

Comment

Holy crap they put a ton of effort into those. Is there like a contest or something? Or do they just do it for fun?

Comment

Holy shit!!!
                \"it\'s not what you win, but who you beat\"
                Member of Acrylic Nail,Horseless Riders,Mommies, and Pennsylvania Cliques!

Comment

Question from someone who has never been there - How do they do this? Are the areas where stuff like their living room area is located an open area when they get there or area stalls taken down to make that area?

Comment

Originally posted by trubandloki View Post
                    Question from someone who has never been there - How do they do this? Are the areas where stuff like their living room area is located an open area when they get there or area stalls taken down to make that area?
                    They take down stalls, one set up took down 12 stalls. Sometimes they store all the materials at a u store in Ohio just for Congress. The show runs the month od October so I guess you have the time and want to be comfortable.
                    http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Are all the AQHA shows this or are the majority your basic flower pots, chairs, and show drapes and only Congress is where you see the massive setups?

Comment

Wowzers!! Who pays for the stalls they don't use? Clients? Good lord-- I cannot imagine the cost of doing that at a hunter/jumper venue based on how much they charge us for stalls! What are stall costs at a show like this?
                        Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Comment

Originally posted by rockonxox View Post
                          Are all the AQHA shows this or are the majority your basic flower pots, chairs, and show drapes and only Congress is where you see the massive setups?
                          Congress is the big one so it's where you see the set ups like this, most other QH shows are your standard stall curtain affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by rockonxox View Post
                            Congress and the AQHA World show are the two big ones. I don't think the World Show is quite as impressive, but it's not as long or as big either being a qualifying show and only AQHA classes, no extra classes.
                            Last edited by jvanrens; Oct. 18, 2019, 06:33 PM. Reason: Spelling...sigh.
                            ~~Some days are a total waste of makeup.~~

Comment

• Original Poster

A Highpoint client mentioned on FB that the splits were "not as much as you'd think". Smart trainers do not soak these great clients, as all this, besides comfort for trainers and riders who go almost 20 hours a day for a month, is for positioning to attract new clients. My still all-time favorite was a simple stall drape set up with triangle "60's used car lot" type flag garlands draped everywhere and a big sign over the aisle that said "Honest Stanley's Used Pleasure Horses". Still makes me smile.

The Ohio Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Ohio is like Disney World - every horse person should go at least once. The shopping is in the same league as the stall set ups.
                              Last edited by Plumcreek; Oct. 18, 2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I am such a peasant.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Calvincrowe View Post
                                  Wowzers!! Who pays for the stalls they don't use? Clients? Good lord-- I cannot imagine the cost of doing that at a hunter/jumper venue based on how much they charge us for stalls! What are stall costs at a show like this?
                                  Regular stalls (not reiners, ranch riders and cutters who have the first week of October) are $350 each for Oct 11 - 27, so just over 2 weeks ,

Tack Stalls
                                  Tack stalls will be limited to a maximum of three at $350 each, and are available as follows:
                                  1-4 horses: 1 tack stall
                                  5-8 horses: 2 tack stalls
                                  9-21 horses: 3 tack stalls
                                  An additional two tack stalls are available at $375 each.

Comment

These are amazing. However, I wish I could find a video like this for the Scottsdale Arabian show. I went once (with non-horsey husband). The build-outs were incredible, and many had a very glitzy "Arabian nights" look. To say the least.

(DH asked when the harem dancers were scheduled to perform.)

Comment

Impressive! Like everyone built their own mini-barns. But as a spectator, can you see any stalled horses? It looks like the build outs keep the horses in private aisles. I understand why it would be good for them, but not so much for spectators peeping at horses!

BTW, I was at the Congress way back in the late 1970's I recall some nice drape setups, but nothing like this. Could see the horses more easily, though. That was back when QHs that were not reiners had tails pulled to sit between the buttocks.

Comment

Originally posted by MsM View Post
                                        Impressive! Like everyone built their own mini-barns. But as a spectator, can you see any stalled horses? It looks like the build outs keep the horses in private aisles. I understand why it would be good for them, but not so much for spectators peeping at horses!

BTW, I was at the Congress way back in the late 1970's I recall some nice drape setups, but nothing like this. Could see the horses more easily, though. That was back when QHs that were not reiners had tails pulled to sit between the buttocks.
                                        It's not really an expo where you go to watch demos and look at horses, while you can walk down the back of the aisles it's a regular ol horse show on the upscale fancy level. There are several warm ups you can watch, and 2 show arenas with things going on all day if you want to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                        X