Sport Horse Spotlight

calucci_cf_sq

Real Estate Spotlight

JR-1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Me Christmas-in-the-Barn Ideas!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Me Christmas-in-the-Barn Ideas!

Hello all! After a brief issue with a young boarder, I can finally say I have a great group of self/partial care boarders (YAY)! Just 3 people/families, but a total of 5 full sized horses and 2 minis boarded. I wanted to find a way to thank them for being patient through our growing pains this year in converting an old vet clinic into a boarding barn and trusting me with their 4-leggeds. I told my husband that I would LOVE to put up a Christmas tree in the barn and surprise them with little gifts. Nothing major, obviously, but horse-y. Thinking treats/peppermints, etc. SO, give me your ideas for surprises, or how you celebrate in your barns. I genuinely love my little barn family and I am so grateful for them. It may seem early, but I am due with our first baby Christmas Eve, so I'm trying to plan ahead.

Thanks all!!

Honestly, some of the best have just been going out to a dinner or having a barn pot luck. Just simple things. We did a white elephant style one year with GOOD gifts and it was a ton of fun (although you could just do something small and give to everyone). I love making a little gift set myself. I use portable cups/thermoses/etc with straws in them and fill up with things like hot hands, chapstick, boot socks, candy canes, horse treats, lottery scratchers, etc. It isn't very expensive and everything is useable so they seem to be a hit!

Comment

We hang christmas lights above the stall doors during christmas - there are few things better than a quiet night at the barn with the cozy lighting from christmas lights. I've also hung stockings on the horses' stalls, with their names on them, and on st. nick's night, I fill them with treats (carrots, apples, boxes of sugar cubes). No candy canes, solely because I can't easily unwrap them!

Comment

My favorite is a Pot Luck Finger Food Barn Party.

Minimal work for you, and fun for everyone. Craft and post an invitation where all will see it. Make sure the message clearly indicates a timeframe. Something along the lines of Dec 24, from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. After 3 p.m. the barn will be closed for the holiday, reopening Dec 26 at 0800.

String a few mini lights, dollar store stockings, decorations, napkins, coffee and a couple of alternate beverages and you are done.

Comment

Working...
        X