Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

JR-1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Side Assistance NOT US Riders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Side Assistance NOT US Riders

I had a not good experience with US Riders this weekend so I am looking for other options. Any input on other road side assistance companies that I can check on?

I am curious how your experience was bad? I have had USRider for years now and they have always come through for me, and they got me taken care of quickly in a really scary situation a few years back.

Comment

RubyTuesday as I understand it, their service area is spotty. Some areas they are spot on and others poor to nonexistent.

Comment

A lot of these entities contract to local providers so it might be that another entity would have given you the same experience in that area. The question to consider is if it was the tow driver who sucked or if it was the operator side/dispatch that sucked, and then to see if and how US Rider responds to your complaint.
        If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Comment

I switched to Trailguard. It’s more expensive, but I also had a terrible experience with US Rider.

Comment

Trailguard is the only other one I know of.

US Rider mostly functions as a directory service.

For example when we had a second flat on a Sunday evening and didn't want to go further without a spare, they were able to summon the owner of the local stock yard to come down and let us in so we could unload the horses and camp for the night.

I'm happy with them, but I understand they are at the mercy of the local service providers.
            --
            Wendy
            ... and Patrick

Comment

• Original Poster

Sorry that it has taken me so long to respond. It took almost 10 minutes for them to answer the phone then they could not find a local provider. I had a flat tire on my trailer and I could not get the lug nuts off. I got the impression that the local providers did not want to send anyone because of the size of my trailer (small LQ). It was very frustrating and upsetting to be stuck. The tire was really hot when I stopped (I am getting the trailer checked this week) and I think the bolts had expanded so that is why I could not get them off. After 40 minutes I finally got them loose so I was able to change it and a friend was in the area so he helped me finish up tightening the lugs.

I need to find a company with more options for local providers.

Comment

We also have Trailguard.

Comment

Working...
                X