Sport Horse Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse-related Podcasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse-related Podcasts

I have a 1.5 hour round trip commute, and lately I’ve been listening to podcasts. I’ve been enjoying Practical Horseman’s new podcast, in which they interview top event, hunter, and jumper riders. I also listened to an episode of a podcast called The Humble Hoof, it was an interview with farrier Pete Ramey. I found that the Retired Racehorse Project has a podcast called Retired Racehorse Radio, though I haven’t listened yet.

What are some other good horsey podcasts to add to my list?

Finding the Feel is excellent. It is more western based but she interviews top trainers and there is a ton of great insite!

Comment

Major league eventing
      heels down happy hour
      Andrea 'Fapanni's Along for the Ride

Comment

I like the Eventing Radio Show and Heels Down Happy Hour

Comment

Originally posted by TMares View Post
          Major league eventing
          heels down happy hour
          Andrea 'Fapanni's Along for the Ride
          Fapanni's is good but really delves into reining. I thought the last episode with Clinton Anderson was interesting and I actually gained a smidge of respect for him.

Comment

I included Fapanni because I find it really interesting. I'm a middle aged trail rider with a background in western events as a youth then obstacle courses then low level gaited dressage. I'm not an eventer, a jumper, or a reiner- I just enjoy listening to horse crazy people of all stripes.

RE: Clinton, me too. The tiniest smidge. He's too 'on the muscle' even just chatting on the phone lol

Comment

Dressage Radio is great too.

Also not horse related but I recommend Mile Marker 181 - About the case of Jaleayah Davis. Trying to get it some more attention, its pretty interesting.
              Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Originally posted by TMares View Post
                I included Fapanni because I find it really interesting. I'm a middle aged trail rider with a background in western events as a youth then obstacle courses then low level gaited dressage. I'm not an eventer, a jumper, or a reiner- I just enjoy listening to horse crazy people of all stripes.

RE: Clinton, me too. The tiniest smidge. He's too 'on the muscle' even just chatting on the phone lol
                I agree I am a western rider and I am enjoying his podcast. Clinton kinda took over, LOL!!!

Comment

I listen to The Plaidcast on my way to and from the barn.

Comment

Major League Eventing is good - caveat, you need to do some digging and see which ones are in-person and which ones are over the phone.

Comment

The Whole Equestrian and Turnout
                      https://thedarkhorsediaries.com/

Comment

I met the people that ran Stall and Stable and they seemed nice. Had done an interview with Tik Maynard recently.

Comment

Along for The Ride is one of the best podcasts I've listened to. Western focused - yes. But there are lots in there about work ethic that I think applies to all parts of the horse industry.
                          Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I've added all these to my list!

Comment

mostly eventing orientated but..

Equiratings podcast
                              Major league eventing
                              USEA Podcast channel
                              Heels down happyhour
                              Eventing Radio Show
                              The Equestrian podcast

Comment

Horses in the Morning. Hits on most disciplines, good interviews, deep back catalog.

Comment

Amateur Hour - highly recommend their latest on mental health and riding

Plaidcast - has some excellent guests, but they really need to work on their production quality: I could barely understand Karl Cook who seemed to be on a not-good speakerphone connection.

I found Heels Down Happy Hour kind of annoying. I thought that I was being grumpy, but a barn mate concurred. So at least there are two of us.

Not directly horse related, but the Believed series on Larry Nassar is certainly timely and well done. Really makes you realize why people “don’t just come forward.”

Swindled has an episode in their season one called The Gigolo that is related to the horse insurance killings.
                                  The Evil Chem Prof

Comment

I heard an excellent horsemanship podcast this morning that I wanted to share! It was an interview with William Shatner by Andrea Fappini on his Along For The Ride podcast! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                    X