Sport Horse Spotlight

Sir Donnerhall_02Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

1539 Hatchaway Bridge Road 100

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bump on Hind Leg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump on Hind Leg

Hello! I’m new to the forum with a question. I’m looking at a few horses to buy and one has an odd, medium-sized bump on her hind right splint bone. It’s soft to the touch, slightly warm, and it’s painful to her. She’s completely sound on it. I’ve known this horse a while and she’s had it for months. It was hard in the beginning. The owner’s vet said that it’s harmless and fairly common among OTTBs (which is what she is). She only had a few races and she’s 4 years old. I’ll be speaking with the vet sometime next week about it, but he already told her owner and myself that it would be a waste of money to x-ray it. Opinions? I’ll attach photos later.

It could be a harmless bump or not.

If it was me and I wanted to look further into purchasing her , I would have a neutral vet in to evaluate her and her bump ( and anything else). The current vet seems somewhat uncooperative and that is not in your best interests.

Comment

Yes you need to get your own vet to do a PPE before you buy any horse. And make him explain to you everything he finds, you are paying him after all.

Comment

• Original Poster

Unfortunately it’s a pretty severe splint - they got x-rays and it wasn’t pretty. Thank you guys for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X