Stallion Spotlight

Vitalis_img_4461skawx LL_Fotos

Real Estate Spotlight

01 Aerial front of House and property
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Since y'all gave me suggestions for selling my trailer, want to help me find one too?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since y'all gave me suggestions for selling my trailer, want to help me find one too?

I'm selling my weekender and my other smaller trailer so that I can get one larger LQ for camping at endurance rides. I've looked at so many different models and brands that my head is swimming with them.
    These are my must haves:
    -New, nothing used.
    -3 Horse
    -Gooseneck
    -7'6" or 8' wide
    -Slant load
    -Step up
    -No care flooring like WERM
    -Aluminum
    -The more horse ventilation, the better (ie like a stock combo)
    -25' on the floor or less
    -walk through door if not mid tack

For the LQ part:
    -Full bathroom (toilet, sink, shower- prefer rounded out shower)
    -Range top, microwave, small fridge
    -Either a small dinette or couch that folds into a second bed
    -Steps or an easy way for my Mastiff to be able to get into the gooseneck bed (with my current one, we have to pick him up and that is not fun)

Absolute do not wants:
    -No Bison trailers
    -No slide outs
    -No 2+1 style
    -Exterior cannot be black
    -Nothing on the west coast unless they ship (I'm in MD and will travel pretty far to get the right trailer but I think CA, OR or WA might be pushing it lol)

Budget is mid-range- I'm not looking for $100K trailer but I also don't want bottom of the line, falls apart the first use either

So anyone want to help me trailer shop
    "You'll never see yourself in the mirror with your eyes closed"

If I were to order new, that brands I would look at would be 4Star, Elite, Eby, Hart, Platinum and Twister. They are more expensive, but worth every penny. Since you are looking for new, you should be able to order and get exactly what you want. You could try to find one already built and on a dealer’s lot, but you will most likely need to add options or settle on certain ones.

With wanting 25’ or less on the floor, you are looking at a 10’ LQ. I think the hardest option you are going to have finding is a way to get your dog into the neck, although I have seen this floor plan more frequently lately that has actual steps into the neck. Look through all the pictures to see the steps. There is a small table that folds up/ down at the end of the couch.

https://horsetrailerworld.com/home/t...asp?ID=1334176

Just a few pieces of advice- go for an 8’ wide trailer. The difference in space is well worth it and you will not notice it going down the road! Believe me, I speak from experience! Insulated trailer roofs made a huge difference in keeping everything cool, and with a walk through door you can use the back for more room. And definitely get a walk through door! Another feature I would not be without is the large fridge with the separate freezer- because every horse camper need ice cream cake!
    "You can't fix stupid"- Ron White

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by cutter99 View Post
      If I were to order new, that brands I would look at would be 4Star, Elite, Eby, Hart, Platinum and Twister. They are more expensive, but worth every penny. Since you are looking for new, you should be able to order and get exactly what you want. You could try to find one already built and on a dealer’s lot, but you will most likely need to add options or settle on certain ones.

With wanting 25’ or less on the floor, you are looking at a 10’ LQ. I think the hardest option you are going to have finding is a way to get your dog into the neck, although I have seen this floor plan more frequently lately that has actual steps into the neck. Look through all the pictures to see the steps. There is a small table that folds up/ down at the end of the couch.

https://horsetrailerworld.com/home/t...asp?ID=1334176

Just one piece of advice- go for an 8’ wide trailer. The difference in space is well worth it and you will not notice it going down the road! Believe me, I speak from experience!
      I have actually been looking at that exact one lol. Getting Sato into the GN won't be hard as long as there is something for him to step on (the couch, a step, etc). He's very athletic for a Mastiff lol- he can jump from a stand still onto the flatbed of my truck. The one I have now though, you can only get up by stepping on the counter (it's set up really weird) and I don't even like trying to climb in and out of it.

Comment

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want in a trailer. We specialize in customized horse trailers, and we deliver them right to you so no worries about travel as you mentioned in your posting. If you're interested, there is a free quote option on our site where you can enter what you're looking for and find out a price with no obligations on your part. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know and good luck in your trailer search! Thanks, Brook at Double D

Explore our 3 horse trailer models including our Gooseneck 3 Horse Slant Load Trailer

Comment

I have been lusting after that floor plan, and did see a used Elite with it recently. It would make the neck that more accessible even for humans as you age. I have extremely awkward steps that are in the opposite corner, hard to get to, and not as robust as those. I think this floor plan keeps the length of the trailer down too. I have gotten into some areas where length has been an issue, and in my mind shorter is much, much better!

Comment

Two other options I just thought of are an electric awning and electric jack. I just has them added to my trailer this year and absolutely love them. I never used my manual awnings as I am either alone and it is a pain in the a$$ for one person to use, or if my husband was with me it would turn into a fight. But last year we hit rain on every trip we did, and four of us under the neck of the trailer was tight during rain storms. The electric awning feels like a decadent luxury that we used the heck out of this year.

The electric jack makes hookup so easy it is ridiculous! So much so that my husband commented about putting one on our stock trailer that we use to haul cattle.

Both the awning have manual overrides if there are issues with the electric.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by cutter99 View Post
              Two other options I just thought of are an electric awning and electric jack. I just has them added to my trailer this year and absolutely love them. I never used my manual awnings as I am either alone and it is a pain in the a$$ for one person to use, or if my husband was with me it would turn into a fight. But last year we hit rain on every trip we did, and four of us under the neck of the trailer was tight during rain storms. The electric awning feels like a decadent luxury that we used the heck out of this year.

The electric jack makes hookup so easy it is ridiculous! So much so that my husband commented about putting one on our stock trailer that we use to haul cattle.

Both the awning have manual overrides if there are issues with the electric.
              Yes, I did forget to add the jack to the list for sure! I will be glad to be done with the days of feeling like I did an entire arm day at the gym just to unhook the trailer. The awning I'm okay either way. I can do my manual one now by myself without dying lol

Comment

Working...
              X