Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

Main-Barn-Bench-to-end2
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Rescue drafties arrive - hoooray!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue drafties arrive - hoooray!

Not into debating rescue, but this Feb for various complicated reasons, I "bailed" a horse out of a kill pen- a big (really big) old draft (Belgian). Got him to a rescue in Texas, then bought him (and his new girlfriend) a second time to make sure they were safe.
    Boarded them there while I could make arrangements here so that their new digs would work out.
    Because Texas (and VS) they needed to do a full quarantine again so got a new shed, put in new fencing and I hope it will work for 30 days (or whenever they clear QT)
    And...here they are! This was taken in TX. The gelding I rescued initially is on the right and his GF is the one with the long forelock (and nasty looking foot).
    Very sweet, easy going, lovely horses. Big thanks (so many thanks) to Horseworks who got him and kept them both for me, and for Charles Vondra transport for toting them here.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bonnie and clyde3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	10447411
  • Original Poster

Comment

Kudo's to you for rescuing him and his new girlfriend, they are a lovely couple.

Comment

They look lovely -- and thank you for giving them a new lease on life.

Have you named them?
        AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

• Original Poster

Thank you and yes, they really are a couple. follow eah other very closely.
          and yes, I named the big gelding Clyde when he was being taken to the rescue and when he buddied up to the mare, of couse they named her Bonnie...
          And yes,t heya re just out in their slippers, their working days are over.

Comment

I have a very big soft spot for Belgians. What a sweet couple. Thank you for saving them.

Comment

Does the ground shake wherever Bonnie and Clyde walk?

How old are they, do you know?

They look like they are curious and wondering, contented to be there.

Comment

Darling!
                "Random capitAlization really Makes my day." -- AndNirina

Comment

Lucky horses.

Comment

Congratulations to you and your two new “partners in crime”!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Comment

Love them!
                      They're like a little old couple sitting at the breakfast table just quietly enjoying one anothers company.

And they do have a job-being the cutest pasture puffs ever!

Comment

Belgians are my favorite breed. Thank you so much for helping them and giving them a home
                        Caring for Clifford, my big red dog and assorted monkeys, I mean goats. Protected by a few loyal Anatolian Shepherd Dogs and Kangals.

Comment

They are so beautiful! Well done for giving them a new home. We don't have many belgians here in Australia and I have never met one, but I have always loved the look of them.

Comment

Just wow!!

Comment

They really are an adorable couple. Thank goodness they have you now!

Comment

I am unable to determine their cuteness level on the amount of photos provided. Please provide more photos so I can properly appreciate this couple.

Comment

Originally posted by trubandloki View Post
                                  I am unable to determine their cuteness level on the amount of photos provided. Please provide more photos so I can properly appreciate this couple.
                                  Yes please! More photos of Bonnie and Clyde!
                                  AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

This wins the internet this week!
                                    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."

Comment

Huge kudos to you. And thank you for giving this large, lovely couple their well-earned slippers and rocking chairs in their golden years.
                                      Frost Bite Falls

Comment

Awww! Super cute new big ponies! I loved seeing this. Thanks for sharing. And yes, definitely need more pics to properly assess cuteness.
                                        Finding Cures, Saving Children. Sept. 29, 2019 Saddle Up for St. Jude event. Donate here.

Comment

Working...
                                        X