Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

barn1
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Animal Communicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.chronofhorse.com/article...inds-his-voice

I did find it really interesting that eventer Lauren Kieffer admitted to the media that she's used an animal communicator. Not something one often hears of from upper level competitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by btswass View Post
      This has been quite the discussion!

I thought I would update everyone. Again the reason I had this woman out was for reiki bodywork no the communication but I found what she relayed to me was funny and interesting. She said he was tight around the base of his neck and shoulder. He holds his tension there rather than at his pole where most horses do. She also said he has some mild ulcers so started him back up on ulcer supplements.

He has been absolutely phenomenal the last 3 days. He’s just coming back into work after having 8 weeks off (and before that minimal riding after having 5-6 months off) so really like starting from scratch. Before she worked on him he was spooky and randomly taking off. Something he usually does when he’s just getting back into work. He has not even thought about taking off at all the last 3 rides. On Saturday his left lead canter felt great but his right which is his weaker side he struggled to maintain an even steady pace but was responsive to my half halts and helping him rebalance. By today both left and right leads were so steady and even. I even through in two lead changes at the end. Something that usually gets him worked up and he swapped with no change in pace. He’s feeling so much stronger already that I’m hopeful we can actually start jumping again in a couple weeks.

Whatever she did, whether you believe it or not, it worked. I don’t know how or why it worked but my horse feels better and is happier and we’re working really well together and I’m very pleased.
      I’m glad your horse is doing better! Sometimes we don’t need an explanation of why something works. It just does.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydy View Post

This is very difficult to for me understand.

I think it is exceptionally cruel to tell a mare owner that her mare purposefully aborted a foal to keep the owner from selling the mare.

In other words, saying the owner's intention to sell the mare after she had foaled is responsible for the mare's spontaneous abortion seems to me to be an horrible thing to say. I think that anyone familiar with breeding horses would understand that there are many reasons that abortion occurs, and spite, or not wanting to be sold on the part of the mare, is not one of them.

I have no opinion about AC's in general, but I can't help but be disgusted and sorry for the mare owner upon hearing this anecdote.
        I'll toss in an example of cruelty as well.
        Some years back, a horse went missing from its barn overnight in a town not far from me. As I had vetted a number of rides in that town, I was somewhat familiar with the local trail system, so went up to volunteer with the search parties.

I do not recall the name of the AC involved, but she was spoken of in reverent tones by all discussing her "information". She told the distraught owner that she was getting information from the horse, that the horse had been found and taken by the finder, and was in a barn/shed with goats.

When one of the search party located a goat-owner in the town, there was nearly a lynch mob.

Subsequently, the horse was found by the people who lived next door to the stable. It had apparently gotten out during the night, stumbled into the cellar hole left from an old bank barn in the darkness,and broken its neck. It had been dead for several days--neighbor found the body due to the smell. Nobody had seen it before because the cellar hole was full of blackberry bushes.
        "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydy View Post

This is very difficult to for me understand.

I think it is exceptionally cruel to tell a mare owner that her mare purposefully aborted a foal to keep the owner from selling the mare.

In other words, saying the owner's intention to sell the mare after she had foaled is responsible for the mare's spontaneous abortion seems to me to be an horrible thing to say. I think that anyone familiar with breeding horses would understand that there are many reasons that abortion occurs, and spite, or not wanting to be sold on the part of the mare, is not one of them.

I have no opinion about AC's in general, but I can't help but be disgusted and sorry for the mare owner upon hearing this anecdote.
          I can understand why anyone who is involved in breeding would prefer to assume that all mares and all female animals want to be bred and have babies. If, and this is hypothetical, if we are to consider that animals have opinions, likes and dislikes, why not be open to the fact that a mare might not want to have a baby? Surely, all women don't want to have babies, or at the very least don't want to have one a year like so many broodmares do. So, it's not altogether impossible that a mare might not want to have a baby whether or not she was being replaced by it. Can a mare abort her own baby? Women can and do abort babies. They did it before they had doctors assistance too. They used some imaginative ways. I remember hearing about an aunt who took severely hot baths to lose a fetus and I've heard about women who threw themselves down stairs to self-abort. I don't know how a horse would self-abort. Maybe she didn't, and it was a lucky coincidence for her since she knew it was her ticket out of a good home she was happy in. Who knows...

The story was from 1980s and I can't recall much other than the mare didn't want to be sold and had lost the replacement baby and it did sound pretty pathetic if you want to consider it. People don't tell Bea things, she tells them what the animals communicate to her. I would imagine Bea didn't know the mare lost the baby until the mare told her. Just like in the ferret playing with the Chihuahua story, she only relayed what the dogs said about the ferret. The owner didn't tell her, she told the owner. And in that case the owner knew this about the dogs, it only validated that Bea got it from the dogs correctly. Still, in that same sitting Bea told the owner that the dog loved her mom more than her. She didn't have to do that, it was a negative thing to say to a paying customer. She merely relayed information. Chihuahuas (based on my experience and what I've read about them) tend to be one person dogs and fixate on the person they spend the most time with. So that resonated as probably being true if the dog spent more time with her mom. So I assume that in the horse incident telling the owner what the mare told her was Bea just honestly relaying information, cruel or not. Bea is very plain spoken (not prone to verbal embellishment as Lydia is). The bare bones honesty to me speaks more about authenticity than it does about scamming someone.

Some people don't want to know what the animals think or feel, they just want animals so they can be reflections of them. As long as they are the centers of those animals universes that's all they want to know. Some people don't. need to see their reflections in their animals eyes to know they are loved. Some people (myself included) want to know more if we can, more than the information we can pick up with body language and overt behaviors, especially if they had lives with previous owners.

These are many antidotal stories I've told in this thread, but they are based in the facts as I know them that the AC wasn't informed previously about any of the information she revealed as coming from the animals. The earthquake that my other dog said scared her that I didn't even know happened but my husband (major skeptic) had felt while sitting... how did she know about that unless the dog told her? Seriously... and how did Lydia know that my horse had seen another horse do tempi changes when I didn't even know he'd seen them before I got him, but his previous owner did (and told me after I showed her the video). That's pretty specific info. It wasn't like she said he saw some nonspecific dressage moves, she said tempi changes. (He showed her a horse doing tempi changes, he didn't call it that in English.) To my knowledge, he'd been a backyard horse whose main life experiences were pulling a wagon. Lydia didn't talk to his previous owner or even know her name, she only talked to me. Neither Ty's previous owner or I have that much to do with Facebook. (we are not of that generation). I know there are people who are scam artists and there are people who do research on their marks, but everything I have experienced has been so honest and real that I have no other explanations than the information came from the animals themselves.

As to the person who told the story about the dead horse in a previous post, there is consciousness after death according to communicators and the consciousness of the horse could have gone to a farm with goats. God knows why... I know it's weird and I don't dabble in talking to dead animals, but I have heard things along this line that their consciousness can migrate out. Ours too... but that's another discussion... I honestly believe that there is negative and positive energy that we generate and it can outlive our bodies or transcend them. What happens after death, I don't know. However, I had to throw that possibility out there on the dead horse with the goats story. There was a reading of an elderly horse at our ranch who told Lydia he'd been visited by two of his deceased owners and described them to the current owner. The current owner got him from a rescue. He was one of those starved neglected horses that was on death's doorstep when he was rescued. No one knew who his owners or previous owners were so it's another antidote.

I really hate this thread ending with negativity, so I had to interject this bit. I expect something else negative will follow this, (it seemingly never ends) -- but I tried...

Comment

• I think this is relevant to the question in this thread:

https://www.ted.com/talks/carrie_pop...keep_you_up_at

Maybe if we change from seeing other's ideas as "negativity", choose to respect them as offered, from all sides, as other's opinions, we can have good discussions when someone asks, as here, what do we think of this or that topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrus' Mom View Post

I can understand why anyone who is involved in breeding would prefer to assume that all mares and all female animals want to be bred and have babies. If, and this is hypothetical, if we are to consider that animals have opinions, likes and dislikes, why not be open to the fact that a mare might not want to have a baby? Surely, all women don't want to have babies, or at the very least don't want to have one a year like so many broodmares do. So, it's not altogether impossible that a mare might not want to have a baby whether or not she was being replaced by it. Can a mare abort her own baby? Women can and do abort babies. They did it before they had doctors assistance too. They used some imaginative ways. I remember hearing about an aunt who took severely hot baths to lose a fetus and I've heard about women who threw themselves down stairs to self-abort. I don't know how a horse would self-abort. Maybe she didn't, and it was a lucky coincidence for her since she knew it was her ticket out of a good home she was happy in. Who knows...

The story was from 1980s and I can't recall much other than the mare didn't want to be sold and had lost the replacement baby and it did sound pretty pathetic if you want to consider it. People don't tell Bea things, she tells them what the animals communicate to her. I would imagine Bea didn't know the mare lost the baby until the mare told her. Just like in the ferret playing with the Chihuahua story, she only relayed what the dogs said about the ferret. The owner didn't tell her, she told the owner. And in that case the owner knew this about the dogs, it only validated that Bea got it from the dogs correctly. Still, in that same sitting Bea told the owner that the dog loved her mom more than her. She didn't have to do that, it was a negative thing to say to a paying customer. She merely relayed information. Chihuahuas (based on my experience and what I've read about them) tend to be one person dogs and fixate on the person they spend the most time with. So that resonated as probably being true if the dog spent more time with her mom. So I assume that in the horse incident telling the owner what the mare told her was Bea just honestly relaying information, cruel or not. Bea is very plain spoken (not prone to verbal embellishment as Lydia is). The bare bones honesty to me speaks more about authenticity than it does about scamming someone.

Some people don't want to know what the animals think or feel, they just want animals so they can be reflections of them. As long as they are the centers of those animals universes that's all they want to know. Some people don't. need to see their reflections in their animals eyes to know they are loved. Some people (myself included) want to know more if we can, more than the information we can pick up with body language and overt behaviors, especially if they had lives with previous owners.

These are many antidotal stories I've told in this thread, but they are based in the facts as I know them that the AC wasn't informed previously about any of the information she revealed as coming from the animals. The earthquake that my other dog said scared her that I didn't even know happened but my husband (major skeptic) had felt while sitting... how did she know about that unless the dog told her? Seriously... and how did Lydia know that my horse had seen another horse do tempi changes when I didn't even know he'd seen them before I got him, but his previous owner did (and told me after I showed her the video). That's pretty specific info. It wasn't like she said he saw some nonspecific dressage moves, she said tempi changes. (He showed her a horse doing tempi changes, he didn't call it that in English.) To my knowledge, he'd been a backyard horse whose main life experiences were pulling a wagon. Lydia didn't talk to his previous owner or even know her name, she only talked to me. Neither Ty's previous owner or I have that much to do with Facebook. (we are not of that generation). I know there are people who are scam artists and there are people who do research on their marks, but everything I have experienced has been so honest and real that I have no other explanations than the information came from the animals themselves.

As to the person who told the story about the dead horse in a previous post, there is consciousness after death according to communicators and the consciousness of the horse could have gone to a farm with goats. God knows why... I know it's weird and I don't dabble in talking to dead animals, but I have heard things along this line that their consciousness can migrate out. Ours too... but that's another discussion... I honestly believe that there is negative and positive energy that we generate and it can outlive our bodies or transcend them. What happens after death, I don't know. However, I had to throw that possibility out there on the dead horse with the goats story. There was a reading of an elderly horse at our ranch who told Lydia he'd been visited by two of his deceased owners and described them to the current owner. The current owner got him from a rescue. He was one of those starved neglected horses that was on death's doorstep when he was rescued. No one knew who his owners or previous owners were so it's another antidote.

I really hate this thread ending with negativity, so I had to interject this bit. I expect something else negative will follow this, (it seemingly never ends) -- but I tried...

I'm impressed at the incredible contortions you are willing to go through to avoid the obvious fact that the AC was *wrong* and that the horse was, in fact, *dead*.

Clearly you cling to the idea of animal communication and anthropomorphism with religious fervor.
              You're quite free to do so, but please refrain from peeing on my foot and trying to convince me it is raining.

Comment

Keeping it positive: the mental gymnastics in this post are absolutely brilliant. The argumentation in this post is to rational discussion what Nadia Comaneci was to the Montreal Olympics. Perfect 10 in gymnastics.

You also have my gratitude for providing such a clear illustration of confirmation bias, as it applies to animal communicators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghazzu View Post

I'm impressed at the incredible contortions you are willing to go through to avoid the obvious fact that the AC was *wrong* and that the horse was, in fact, *dead*.

Clearly you cling to the idea of animal communication and anthropomorphism with religious fervor.
                  You're quite free to do so, but please refrain from peeing on my foot and trying to convince me it is raining.
                  This sort of meanness is why these threads die.

Those who are open to these ideas, or even those who just want to “chat around the water cooler”, so to speak come to these threads to enjoy a pastime. And those polite little TA pastimes are interrupted and denigrated EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. (EMPHASIS!) The pastime is ALWAYS INTERRUPTED.

A and B are enjoying a pastime, a polite little chat: “We Did This And That Harmless Thing Happened!”

C comes in and starts playing a hard game of “I’m Right And You’re Wrong!”

It gets old after a while for those who simply want to play at a small, simple and yes, HARMLESS Pastime.

C seems to be the one exhibiting “religious fervor”. Why can’t C just go away? After all, no one is forcing ANYONE to participate in the thread. No one is forcing anyone to have their animals spoken with!

So, what is C’s motive? C has to be proven right; that’s C’s game after all, the name is: “I’m Right And You’re Wrong!”

C perceives game success when the thread dies and will not stop until it does.

WATCH THIS! I predict that a C will come post about how it’s not harmless (or they will think of anything else to “prove” A or B or both, wrong). And I’m not psychic. I just understand the game and who is playing what.

(Ghazzu, If you think your foot is being peed upon, may I suggest that you take your foot away? You CAN leave the thread. Then you won’t think your foot is getting even a little bit damp -- But I know you won’t.)
                  “A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowette View Post

Those who are open to these ideas, or even those who just want to “chat around the water cooler”, so to speak come to these threads to enjoy a pastime. And those polite little TA pastimes are interrupted and denigrated EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. (EMPHASIS!) The pastime is ALWAYS INTERRUPTED.

A and B are enjoying a pastime, a polite little chat: “We Did This And That Harmless Thing Happened!”

It gets old after a while for those who simply want to play at a small, simple and yes, HARMLESS Pastime.

C seems to be the one exhibiting “religious fervor”. Why can’t C just go away? After all, no one is forcing ANYONE to participate in the thread. No one is forcing anyone to have their animals spoken with!

So, what is C’s motive? C has to be proven right; that’s C’s game after all, the name is: “I’m Right And You’re Wrong!”

WATCH THIS! I predict that a C will come post about how it’s not harmless (or they will think of anything else to “prove” A or B or both, wrong). And I’m not psychic. I just understand the game and who is playing what.

(Ghazzu, If you think your foot is being peed upon, may I suggest that you take your foot away? You CAN leave the thread. Then you won’t think your foot is getting even a little bit damp -- But I know you won’t.)
                    Nah, I'll simply point out that you are being every bit as negative as you accuse me of being.
                    Carry on.

Comment

• See how quickly they bite? On the hook right away!!

Comment

• Reminiscent of my younger sister on family car trips...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowette View Post

What passtime?

Someone posted a question, do you believe or not?

Some answer yes and here are my stories.

Others answer and say no and this is why.

Believers get puffy and say you are spoiling our fun and you are a meany for doing so!

What fun?

It is a discussion, both sides should be able to give their opinions, I think.

Comment

• Transactional Analysis. Dr. Eric Berne.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluey View Post

What passtime?

This. If someone had started a thread with the title, "Tell me about your positive experiences with animal communicators," then I could buy Sparrowette's argument about it being a "passtime." Even more so if, in the original post, the poster says, "Hey, I know lots of people don't believe in this, but I just want to hear about people's positive experiences and not all the reasons we shouldn't believe that animal communicators are legit."

But the OP asks if we believe in animal communicators. The OP opened this thing up to both sides of the discussion. Invited the skeptics right on in to voice their opinions. You can't then whine and complain about the big meanies who say animal communicators are phonies.
                              "Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything
                              that's even remotely true."

Homer Simpson

Comment

• I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that some think a mare (or any animal) can decide to abort the unborn they are carrying just because they want to.

It would solve some thorny political problems if it were true for humans....

Comment

I think this is relevant to the question in this thread:

https://www.ted.com/talks/carrie_pop...keep_you_up_at

Maybe if we change from seeing other's ideas as "negativity", choose to respect them as offered, from all sides, as other's opinions, we can have good discussions when someone asks, as here, what do we think of this or that topic.
                                  I watched that video and it's OK, but I still don't think because science can't explain animal communication that it doesn't exist. It's nice she didn't die of carbon monoxide poisoning. I don't have a haunted house or carbon monoxide leakage, but from the corner of my eye once I have seen a dog walking from the living room to the hallway by the kitchen doorway and then when I looked down, the entire crew was at my feet waiting to be fed. (I suppose it might be one of the ones who have died, but I don't know which.) That only happened once in my life and not just after a death, it was some time during a settled period. Very unexpected. Black Rott.

A weirder story: When one of the dogs we had was put to sleep with lung cancer we came back to the office from the vet that day and the place where he had peed in the front of the office suddenly smelt very strong of pee, even though the original peeing episode had happened years before and was cleaned and had been dried for years, but suddenly the carpet smelt very strongly of pee. Right after he was PTS.... I don't know what happened or why that happened, it just did. The animal communicator said he did that, reactivated the pee smell?... I think it was to say "don't forget me." I don't remember much, it was over 10 years ago. The smell was not there the next day or ever again. No one cleaned it a second time.

I found it interesting that the woman in the video you attached thought a heaviness in her chest was "ghosts." I certainly wouldn't have come to that conclusion. I might not have seen a spirit of a dog walk from the living room to the hallway past the kitchen door, it might have been a stray hair or something in my field of vision. I'll grant you that. However, since I thought I saw a dog walking away right before I was going to feed I was surprised and it registered more for me as what I thought I saw more clearly.

Sidenote: When my animals die I don't try to contact them, want or expect them to come back to me in another dog or in spirit. Death is pretty final in my mind. We get all our dogs as full grown adopted dogs and most have been abused, so I would never wish any of my dogs to come back to me that circuitous sad route if it is possible. If they are reborn in other bodies, I wish them a sweet loving home somewhere. (I think everything is recycled, including whatever energy/ conscious or unconscious energy is left after death.)

However, the pee smell story just doesn't have a legit explanation, considering the original pee happened years previously and was cleaned at that time. It wasn't a huge spot, it was a bit before we grabbed him and hustled him out the door at the time, which was right there in the office. So, it's odd. The day the dog was put to sleep it smelled... not any other time, just the day of and never after that again. That one is just unexplainable to me.

Everyone has had weird stuff happen. Everyone. It begs the question why or how. No one really has all the answers. I like to think science has the answers for most things, but I don't believe it has the answers for everything yet.

My husband saw a ghost once. We were at an old hotel in Rome, Italy. The doorknob was rattling and my husband jumped out of bed, looked out the peephole to see a guy there. So he opened the door and the guy was no longer there. The amount of time from the time he looked out the peephole and opened the door was seconds, (he's that kind of guy, confrontational) so I assume it was some sort of presence. The next morning we had packed to leave (not because of the incident) and he was downstairs checking out, the door to the room was open so the bellboy could get the bags and I went into the bathroom to get a last minute pee in. When I was sitting there the doorknob rattled. I assumed it was a chambermaid trying to get in so I said, "Just a minute." No one was there, and my mother-in-law who was sitting on her bags in the hallway waiting to leave said no one went into our room. So... either they have a really crazy loose doorknob problem or there is some sort of spiritual energy there trying the doors. I don't know. Since my husband saw an actual man at the peephole it suggests spiritual energy to me. Who knows, it makes a fun story though. The ghost in Rome story.
                                  Last edited by Tyrus' Mom; Aug. 20, 2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghazzu View Post

It is simply alternative explanations. I cannot vouch for anything as being the truth. I only offered alternative explanations. There are others, all you have to do is use your imagination.

Comment

I watched that video and it's OK, but I still don't think because science can't explain animal communication that it doesn't exist. It's nice she didn't die of carbon monoxide poisoning. I don't have a haunted house or carbon monoxide leakage, but from the corner of my eye once I have seen a dog walking from the living room to the hallway by the kitchen doorway and then when I looked down, the entire crew was at my feet waiting to be fed. (I suppose it might be one of the ones who have died, but I don't know which.) That only happened once in my life and not just after a death, it was some time during a settled period. Very unexpected.

A weirder story: When one of the dogs we had was put to sleep with lung cancer we came back to the office from the vet that day and the place where he had peed in the front of the office suddenly smelt very strong of pee, even though the original peeing episode had happened years before and was cleaned and had been dried for years, but suddenly the carpet smelt very strongly of pee. Right after he was PTS.... I don't know what happened or why that happened, it just did. The animal communicator said he did that, reactivated the pee smell?... I think it was to say "don't forget me." I don't remember much, it was over 10 years ago. The smell was not there the next day or ever again. No one cleaned it a second time.

I found it interesting that the woman in the video you attached thought a heaviness in her chest was "ghosts." I certainly wouldn't have come to that conclusion. I might not have seen a spirit of a dog walk from the living room to the hallway past the kitchen door, it might have been a stray hair or something in my field of vision. I'll grant you that. However, since I thought I saw a dog walking away right before I was going to feed I was surprised and it registered more for me as what I thought I saw more clearly.

Sidenote: When my animals die I don't try to contact them, want or expect them to come back to me in another dog or in spirit. Death is pretty final in my mind. We get all our dogs as full grown adopted dogs and most have been abused, so I would never wish any of my dogs to come back to me that circuitous sad route if it is possible. If they are reborn in other bodies, I wish them a sweet loving home somewhere. (I think everything is recycled, including whatever energy/ conscious or unconscious energy is left after death.)

However, the pee smell story just doesn't have a legit explanation, considering the original pee happened years previously and was cleaned at that time. It wasn't a huge spot, it was a bit before we grabbed him and hustled him out the door at the time, which was right there in the office. So, it's odd. The day the dog was put to sleep it smelled... not any other time, just the day of and never after that again. That one is just unexplainable to me.

Everyone has had weird stuff happen. Everyone. It begs the question why or how. No one really has all the answers. I like to think science has the answers for most things, but I don't believe it has the answers for everything yet.

My husband saw a ghost once. We were at an old hotel in Rome, Italy. The doorknob was rattling and my husband jumped out of bed, looked out the peephole to see a guy there. So he opened the door and the guy was no longer there. The amount of time from the time he looked out the peephole and opened the door was seconds, (he's that kind of guy, confrontational) so I assume it was some sort of presence. The next morning we had packed to leave (not because of the incident) and he was downstairs checking out, the door to the room was open so the bellboy could get the bags and I went into the bathroom to get a last minute pee in. When I was sitting there the doorknob rattled. I assumed it was a chambermaid trying to get in so I said, "Just a minute." No one was there, and my mother-in-law who was sitting on her bags in the hallway waiting to leave said no one went into our room. So... either they have a really crazy loose doorknob problem or there is some sort of spiritual energy there trying the doors. I don't know. Since my husband saw an actual man at the peephole it suggests spiritual energy to me. Who knows, it makes a fun story though. The ghost in Rome story.
                                      I've had some spooky experiences. I lived in a haunted house once. I sometimes feel flooded by the feelings of horses and places. I don't go chasing after this stuff, though, and I don't think you can. I think you are more open to these things when your guard is down and ego is not involved.

All my spooky experiences suggest to me that you can't be open to this reliably on demand or for a fee. And anyone that claims to be is a fraud most of the time.

​​​​​

Comment

What passtime?

Believers get puffy and say you are spoiling our fun and you are a meany for doing so!

What fun?

It is a discussion, both sides should be able to give their opinions, I think.
                                        Bluey, you are not rude, but other posters have been rude and meanspirited in their responses. Why are you defending rudeness? Rudeness has no place in a nice discussion on either side. I have been attempting to be even handed in most of my posts (although there are a couple I could have toned it down in the beginning, I agree.)

However, as I've been citing what I think are possible explanations other than AC's being wrong or cruel, I've been hammered by others. I don't cite these things as truths but possibilities and I'm not trying to convince them of it, just saying there might be another side to it than the negative side.

I would suggest you re-read some of these posts with less bias.

Did you think this comment was nice?

Keeping it positive: the mental gymnastics in this post are absolutely brilliant. The argumentation in this post is to rational discussion what Nadia Comaneci was to the Montreal Olympics. Perfect 10 in gymnastics.

????

or this:

Reminiscent of my younger sister on family car trips...

or this:

OK - get our point, it's gone a bit over the edge on the anti- side to the point where pot shots on us are being taken and these types of comments have nothing to do with proving points. It's all about getting in snide remarks and proving how brilliantly they can deliver put-downs. That's not worth defending just because you are on the same side of it.
                                        Last edited by Tyrus' Mom; Aug. 20, 2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scribbler View Post

I've had some spooky experiences. I lived in a haunted house once. I sometimes feel flooded by the feelings of horses and places. I don't go chasing after this stuff, though, and I don't think you can. I think you are more open to these things when your guard is down and ego is not involved.

All my spooky experiences suggest to me that you can't be open to this reliably on demand or for a fee. And anyone that claims to be is a fraud most of the time.

​​​​​

What were your spooky experiences? I love a good ghost story. I don't care if it's verifiable or not. They can be entertaining and you can write well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X