Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

15159sunnyland18
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Animal Communicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another fun thing: has anyone else had times where you will have some body part start hurting, like a right knee or something, and find out that your horse had just injured that equivalent body part (right stifle in this case)? I've always thought it was interesting when I come up with some kind of injury that matches one my horse has!

Comment

• Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post
      RainWeasley
      Here is another point of view too. If people need to spend money to figure out what is going on with one of their animals, a lot of people are not going to spend it on an AC. Maybe as a last resort but not with the frequency Tyrus’ Mom does. I personally do not have that kind of cash flow. So yes, making an appointment for a reading is very much low priority for me because I view it as entertainment, not a valid diagnostic tool. I just do not have the cash flow for such endeavors.
      But I don't spend that much on them. My significant count of experiences have occurred over a 40 year period of time and the procurement and loss (to death) of multiple animals during that time. Hosting AC's at my house doesn't mean I pay for the other people either. I just wanted you to know....

I honestly don't care that much what people make of it, so much as I see holes in logic that I like to poke at. (There are too many outcomes within readings that defy skeptical rationale in my experience.) I thought I was discussing things. I have not tried to be mean with pointed comments, (I had a lot of things I could have said but passed on because of that) ---and I'd like to believe people understand who I'm referring to when I have more direct comments and it's not all aimed at any one person. Cripes, I lost sleep last night over that last interaction. I went back and re-read everything and tried to understand what led to that much ...whatever...I'm not made of stone here. I'm shocked and upset. Enough said. I just wanted to make that clear. I am sorry for any misconceptions or pain I've caused.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainWeasley View Post
        Here's another fun thing: has anyone else had times where you will have some body part start hurting, like a right knee or something, and find out that your horse had just injured that equivalent body part (right stifle in this case)? I've always thought it was interesting when I come up with some kind of injury that matches one my horse has!
        A friend I ride with says she gets a stomachache with one of her horses who is a hyper Arab who she rescued from a field he'd been living in for years when his owners died. He's not used to being ridden and he's always looking for trouble... not trying to make it, but looking over the hills like he expects the next Battle of the Bastards to come charging over it. He's very nervous. The... I forget what it is, the MJ stuff, that worked to settle him down but was too expensive. She gives him I think rasberry leaves, magnesium and he wears some sort of little cap when she takes him out to help him relax. So far so good. He's a nice horse, but when he feels threatened (by blowing scarves, tableclothse etc) he can buck up a storm.
        Last edited by Tyrus' Mom; Sep. 10, 2019, 08:20 PM. Reason: typos bug me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Cochran View Post
          Consider this. Science may not yet have the technology to prove human/animal "telepathic" communication.

Many decades ago, after being in a pleasant haze of Newtonian physics, physics one could count on, my oldest son introduced me to quantum physics, at which point my nice, lovely deterministic view of the Universe was sort of destroyed. Einstein himself could not get his marvelous brain around quantum physics so I had good company.

Then came the realization, due to the extremely small things that operate in the quantum universe, that the atoms that made up my body are operating, at least part of the time, in the quantum universe.

This opened up several marvelous possibilities. I had noted that several effects of the quantum universe seemed to resemble certain "powers" of deities, the instantaneous transmission of information which defies Newtonian physics, the ability to operate "outside" the "arrow of time", and an ability to "defy" Newtonian physics at any time.

For the first time I "saw" that there was a "space" for god-like abilities to occur.

Now, throughout the history of the Universe the quantum universe has been operating quite well IN SPITE OF the fact that no human being had ever described it, measured it, or "proved" the existence of the quantum universe which seems to permeate the existence on every atom of matter.

There are all sorts of things that have existed for aeons before humans developed the technology to be able to see them, galaxies, microscopic organisms, atoms, molecules, etc.. Just because a human being cannot "prove" that they exist in no way prevents these things from existing in our universe. They were always there, it was just that we did not have the technology to even start seeing them until the last few centuries.

Maybe someday some genius will develop a method to accurately measure what happens between human and animal when messages are communicated in unusual ways. Just because it can not be proven now does not mean that it will not be proven ever.

I know what happens to me. The vast majority of the information I get from horses comes from what I see and what I feel in the saddle, and after almost 50 years of riding and handling horses I've gotten decently good at picking up the information, and in this process of learning I discovered that horses can be quite eloquent in expressing themselves in the real world, in real time. That STILL does not explain why, at some points with a few horses, I can get the brief "video clips" or even whole sentences from a horse.

I cannot get the "videos" or words at command, they just occasionally come to me, BUT they are pertinent to my questions and they often lead me to possible solutions to problems that the horse is having with me (most horses have human problems.) I do not get the horse's history from the horse. All I get is little, unexplainable communications that can be very pertinent to the relationship I have with the horse, which is mostly in the saddle nowadays.

As long as they make my life around horses safer for me I will go on listening to these occasional communications without demanding solid scientific proof that such communications are possible. And we must face the fact that the HORSES who communicate with us do not care at all if we humans can scientifically prove that such communications take place. The horses just go on communicating by any means possible (mostly physical), until many give up on trying to communicate with their human because their human never really listens to the horse.

I am crippled by an incurable disease (MS). I rely on the horses to make allowances for my plentiful handicaps so I can ride safely (I am super easy to get off, no balance.) Since I am asking so much from the horse I just do everything I can to make my rides as pleasant as possible for the horse. In return for the horse's consideration of my handicaps and frailty I LISTEN TO THE HORSE.

It has paid off for me.
          I have enjoyed all of your posts, but this one the most. I think there is something to that unseen word that has a different time continuum and now you've explained it to me with a more scientific basis.

I was going to tell a story, but it might be too long and be misconstrued as something other than sharing so I thought better of it. It's a people story, not an animal story, so you probably aren't missing much.
          Last edited by Tyrus' Mom; Sep. 10, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• @Sparrowette,

The sentences--my first horse, Hat Tricks (Anglo-Arab gelding), one autumn put on a winter coat that was not much more than his summer coat that he had just shed, usually he looked like he was wearing a bearskin coat in the winter. I looked at him and told him he would freeze his ass off that winter and Hat Tricks looked at me and I "heard"-- "I know something you don't". Well it was a VERY mild winter and Hat Tricks did not need his usual winter coat at all.

Hat Tricks again. We were coming home from my neurologist where she diagnosed me, from the MRI, with MS. I was not in great mental shape, how in the world could I continue riding my horses? I had retired Hat Tricks because he had problems, possibly neurological, and since he was in his late twenties I just stopped riding him. When we came down the driveway Hat Tricks picked up his head, looked at me, and I "heard"--"You stopped riding me because you thought I was not safe to ride at the trot and gallop. Well, you can't trot or gallop any more either so LETS GO RIDING." I did ride him several more times, however Hat Tricks seemed determined to prove to me that I could still handle trotting. I did keep him to walking but he obviously did not believe me when I said I could not safely trot. After a while I retired him again because it was obviously somewhat of a strain on him to carry me around.

When I got back into riding again I knew I had to ride other people's horses. The first non-therapeutic riding stable I went to the riding teacher asked me the most challenging thing I had done on horseback. I told her (reclaiming a ruined mare) and she decided to put me on this most wonderful Arabian gelding, Glow. As she was grooming him she told me all the problems she had using him as a lesson horse. As she went through the litany of run-aways, frantic reactions to any rein aids, etc. Glow looked me in the eye and I "heard"--"You don't hurt me I'll be good." Well I never hurt him, especially his mouth, and he was an absolutely wonderful obedient horse. I love my riding teacher, no one else would have let me ride Glow, probably the best horse I ever got to ride in my life, just a bit sensitive. I made sure not to hurt his mouth and he forgave me all my other faults (I have many of them) for the 18 months I got to ride him.

A few weeks later my riding teacher decided she wanted me and Glow to go with her on a trail ride as she schooled a TB mare on how to behave out on the trail. I was very uncertain about this, I did not know Glow very well and he was SUCH a reactive horse at times. Glow looked at me and I "heard"--"Don't worry, I'll take care of you" and I relaxed. Well I had put another pair of reins on the bridle, and old western pair I used as a spare, I did not attach one rein properly (completely my fault), and during that trail ride my left rein fell off the bit. I told Glow WHOA, he stopped, I got off, and he stood there as I tied the rein onto the bit ring, stood quietly when I remounted even though his head was pointed home, and we went on with the trail ride. Glow DID take care of me. He served as a lead horse when the TB mare was too scared to move, and at no time during that ride did he do anything to scare me. He was a VERY good horse!

The one "video clip" I remember was from another Arab gelding, Mick. He had something wrong with his back right behind the saddle, I could feel his hind legs moving but the push did not reach my seat, it felt like the push got destroyed when it got to one place on his spine in his loin area. One day, as my riding teacher and I were discussing this, I got a brief video clip appear in my mind of him doing a 3-Day event, jumping into water,then when he started pushing with his hind legs and I "saw" them sliding out from under him to the side, twisting his back, then, like a true Arab he sucked up the pain and kept on going.

Most of the rest of it all is mostly from me just listening to the horse, listening to all the reactions to my aids, all the little almost imperceptible twinges my seat feels, and how they react to the bit when I use it. Sometimes I get a little extra, a feeling that there is this one thing that really irritates them about the bit, about how I use my hands, about how my seat feels to them. It is not in words or in video, it is just a feeling that THIS is the reason the horse does not like something. I listen, I correct myself, I change the bit, talk with my riding teacher about the saddle/pad and usually I can get the horse back to not minding me on his back. This happens all the time, unlike the sentences and videos which are RARE.

I first read Littauer's "Common Sense Horsemanship" over 50 years ago and I still imagine that I am that horse that I am riding, and asking myself why the horse may not be moving as well as I want him to. Maybe that opens a door in my mind to that "little extra" I get from the horse whenever I ride it.

Who knows.

Comment

• The trouble with the "quantum universe" gambit is that we don't live there; we live in the Newtonian Universe. We live by those rules. If you want to introduce "quantum universe" rules then you have to show (1) that those rules exist; (2) what specific rules will influence the Newtonian world; (3) what that influence is; (4) how that influence works; (5) and what the results of the influence are. It's still a scientific quest and the same rules are going to apply as in any other quest for scientific knowledge. The goal is to show the existence of the connection between two spheres.

I don't pretend to know anything about the "quantum universe" but I know a great deal about the Newtonian. And I'm pretty well versed in the notion that evidence is the basis of belief.

How many have seen the AT&T commercial that's built around the idea that we must reject the concept of "seeing is believing" and replace with the concept that "believing is seeing?" That sounds a awful lot like what's going on HERE.

G.
              Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raa, Uma Paixo

Comment

• Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
                The trouble with the "quantum universe" gambit is that we don't live there; we live in the Newtonian Universe. We live by those rules. If you want to introduce "quantum universe" rules then you have to show (1) that those rules exist; (2) what specific rules will influence the Newtonian world; (3) what that influence is; (4) how that influence works; (5) and what the results of the influence are. It's still a scientific quest and the same rules are going to apply as in any other quest for scientific knowledge. The goal is to show the existence of the connection between two spheres.

I don't pretend to know anything about the "quantum universe" but I know a great deal about the Newtonian. And I'm pretty well versed in the notion that evidence is the basis of belief.

How many have seen the AT&T commercial that's built around the idea that we must reject the concept of "seeing is believing" and replace with the concept that "believing is seeing?" That sounds a awful lot like what's going on HERE.

G.
                And the quantum universe is still theory while the Newtonian universe is law. Big difference.

I don’t disagree that the unexplainable happens. I’ve had my own experiences. However, I would never double down on people who doubt my experiences because like most things we can’t explain, “you had to be there.”

For example, every time I go underway and I see shooting stars at night, I know something has happened to a family member on my Mom’s side of the family. I don’t see shooting stars every time I’m on the flight deck at night. When I do, I know I’ll get an email, or when I get home if it’s short, a phone call about something bad regarding my Mom’s side of the family.

People here could come up with a million explanations. Feel free to provide them. It won’t change my opinion that it’s my Gramps who has been dead for almost 30 years telling me something is wrong. I also won’t take it personally if people don’t believe me or think I’m an idiot. I know what I know. There’s a pattern.

Comment

• I don't generally believe that all ACs work but I do believe that legit ones do exist out there.

Last year I was half-leasing an older (27yo) wb who had some health issues that were concerning us. I came out for my normal saturday morning lesson and we instead spent half the lesson discussing the horse and our concerns for his health, things we were going to change (remove all future plans to show him being the big one, partial retirement, no more sitting trot, walk->canter transitions only, no trot->canter -- the trot work was getting to be a little hard on him she felt). Later that day, hours after we finished and put him away, the AC came by to see him. She had no prior knowledge of that morning 'lesson'/conversation.

She was able to pull from the horse the following information:
                  He liked the conversation we'd had that morning and was happy about many of the changes. I think something was mentioned specifically about the trotting stuff but I can't recall specifically now.
                  He wanted to keep working
                  He was especially glad that we were no longer going to show him because he hates showing (he was shown Grand Prix as a younger horse all over Europe and the US), but that if we really wanted to he would do his best.
                  He likes it when I sing to him
                  But the big one that we figured out was that the reason he was off was not his old age, it was his vaccination he'd had a month or two prior. He was given a detox because of that conversation and is now back and even better (BETTER!) that before.

Other things he has told the AC:
                  He loves his big window that looks out on the arena. He sent her images of an elderly gentleman in a chair enjoying the sunset.
                  He didn't mind moving stalls because his new stall gives him an even better view of the arena and the mountains.
                  He wanted a third bucket in these colors: black, green, black. He had a green and a black bucket at the time.
                  He's a-okay with more supplements and work for him because he knows that he has a big team of humans to take care of him. (he's a very loved horse)

Then I had the AC read my dog and while there were some small handy tidbits, it was entirely life changing. That whole thing felt like a weird exchange. I was really concerned that she would read into the fact that my husband is less than thrilled about this dog, maybe she did read into that and it affected her reading.

Sometimes I wonder if I am able to read into my animals. I do feel a connection with them all, the horse, the dog, and the cats. They all attract to me, there is a level of communication between us. I know when my dog is worried, and I know when my horse is happy. But I never sense things like ,"I'm glad that showing is off the table".
                  I've heard that most anyone can communicate with animals to some degree though too. (I mean, duh)

I would love to have my current guy read. He is such a quirky personality and has so many objections and rules for riding and interacting with him.
                  "I am but a passenger on this ship"
                  -- Stendal (epitaph)

Comment

The trouble with the "quantum universe" gambit is that we don't live there; we live in the Newtonian Universe. We live by those rules. If you want to introduce "quantum universe" rules then you have to show (1) that those rules exist; (2) what specific rules will influence the Newtonian world; (3) what that influence is; (4) how that influence works; (5) and what the results of the influence are. It's still a scientific quest and the same rules are going to apply as in any other quest for scientific knowledge. The goal is to show the existence of the connection between two spheres.

G.
                    This is the divide in a nutshell.

You don't believe, you don't see proof that would allow you to believe, and therefore we are erroneous in believing because "evidence is the basis of belief." So you are summarily discounting those of us in this conversation who believe in AC, as well as pretty much everyone who has faith in a higher power, because from your POV, there is not proof that would enable belief.

Calling the "quantum universe" theory a gambit is incredibly dismissive. Just because you 'don't pretend to know anything about the "quantum universe"' doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Breakthroughs in Quantum Physics have already reshaped many of our beliefs concerning our solar system that were not within our mental grasp decades ago, shattering previously held beliefs.

Many of us have expanded our minds to embrace things we can quantify, as well as things we can't, and I sincerely doubt your posts trying to squash our beliefs will have any real effect.
                    TypaGraphics
                    Graphic Design & Websites
                    typagraphics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by downen View Post

This is the divide in a nutshell.

You don't believe, you don't see proof that would allow you to believe, and therefore we are erroneous in believing because "evidence is the basis of belief." So you are summarily discounting those of us in this conversation who believe in AC, as well as pretty much everyone who has faith in a higher power, because from your POV, there is not proof that would enable belief.

You are free to believe what you wish. You are not free to publish your personal anecdotes as proof of fact without challenge.

Calling the "quantum universe" theory a gambit is incredibly dismissive. Just because you 'don't pretend to know anything about the "quantum universe"' doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Breakthroughs in Quantum Physics have already reshaped many of our beliefs concerning our solar system that were not within our mental grasp decades ago, shattering previously held beliefs.

A rose by any other name? What word would not be "dismissive?" The FACT is that there is no proof of the things claimed beyond personal assertion.

Many of us have expanded our minds to embrace things we can quantify, as well as things we can't, and I sincerely doubt your posts trying to squash our beliefs will have any real effect.
                      I don't wish to "squash" anyone's views. I do mean to warn that reliance on the unproven in the handling of horses is a path that can, and has, lead to tragedy for the horses, the owners, and general public. Neither more nor less.

G.
                      Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raa, Uma Paixo

Comment

• Sigh. I still say it is all explained by intuition. It's a pity people do not understand what that really is. Oh well.
                        No matter where you go, there you are

Comment

• I've never been around an AC but recently thought about my friend's encounter. I've started to change what I do, slightly.

Friend only brought her dog but there were several horses gathered. In a nutshell. .. her take was that horses needed more verbal prep before outings.

I've had horses for 45 years & always talk to them. I truly don't know how much gets through.

After hearing her story I started prepping my gelding. Some lovely verbal prep, days before our off site trips. Surprisingly he doesn't have as much performance anxiety. Now our off site adventures are pretty calm. It's probably a fluke, but I'm not stopping anytime soon.

​​​​

Comment

I don't wish to "squash" anyone's views. I do mean to warn that reliance on the unproven in the handling of horses is a path that can, and has, lead to tragedy for the horses, the owners, and general public. Neither more nor less.

G.

Love ya', G, but we have been warned AD NAUSEUM.

G, please read my tag line, if you haven't. It's something my Dad used to say. "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion, still." Which means this is a war you will never win.

You may cause posters to stop posting, due to their irritation at your constant negativism, but that won't actually be a win, although your subconscious may think so. It's not. (Again, see tagline).

Give it up and go away. Please.
                            “A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowette View Post

G, please read my tag line, if you haven't. It's something my Dad used to say. "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion, still." Which means this is a war you will never win.

You may cause posters to stop posting, due to their irritation at your constant negativism, but that won't actually be a win, although your subconscious may think so. It's not. (Again, see tagline).

Sparrowette, I can find Guilherme to be abrasive in the extreme, but in this thread, no one comes close to beating Tyrus' Mom for caustic remarks, from calling the AC doubters "flat earthers" to more recently accusing other(s) of "flashing their smarts" and "statistics teacher" etc. -- all very sarcastic. You may wish Guilherme to go away, but seriously, do you really think he's been the most offensive on the thread? Come on, not even close to how insulting and snide Tyrus' Mom is.

And the post you quoted by G. isn't even offensive. Sorry you don't like the repeated (in your mind) warnings, but come on. Picking on G. seems really strange given how unrelentingly insulting the pro-AC side has been in this thread.

Not that Guilherme needs me to defend him, of course!
                              If thou hast a sorrow, tell it not to the arrow, tell it to thy saddlebow, and ride on, singing. -- King Alfred the Great

Comment

Re-read that and think for a bit.

Doesn't everyone think that may just apply to BOTH sides?

Why should anyone be told to go away?

How is that going to help any debate, to tell others to go away?

As for the flat earth comment several pages past, I was responding to someone with the brilliant idea that the number of believers made something believable.
                                That was an example of how little sense it made that the number of believers changes reality, as turning a flat earth into a round one just on the weight of those numbers.

This thread, as has been pointed to time and again now, is about IF someone believes or not in AC mind reading and why or why not.

My opinion, everyone was invited to the discussion and should be free to participate as much as they want.

Comment

• It gets old, that's all, because it's not just this thread, not just today. It is an established pattern of behavior that stretches out OVER YEARS. And it does have a bit of rudeness to it–All this constant bashing.

So I'll stand by "Ad Nauseum".

Earlier I posted about how these threads always get taken over and squashed by "C's", the ones who want to play the Transactional Analysis (TA) game "I'm Right And You're Wrong". The C's don't want a conversation, nor a debate. The goal is to win, and a win for them is when the thread dies.

That's why there was a heavier hit on people when the thread started up again. The "C's" thought they had won, then it started up again, and the C's thought to themselves "SOAB!!!" And came in with more force.

I challenge you: On CoTH, Find a thread, any thread, any year, about animal communication in which they did not come in and play the TA game "I'm Right And You're Wrong", where people who simply wanted to share stories were goaded into defending themselves, when they just want to chat and share stories. The C's don't think they can allow story sharing, and will never be happy as so long as others think differently than them. So I guess it could also be called a sort of bullying and censorship.

IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME. AND IT GETS OLD.
                                  “A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.”

Comment

• ok getting tired of this Dog keeps saying Hungry
                                    Not responsible for typographical errors.

Comment

It gets old, that's all, because it's not just this thread, not just today. It is an established pattern of behavior that stretches out OVER YEARS. And it does have a bit of rudeness to it–All this constant bashing.

So I'll stand by "Ad Nauseum".

Earlier I posted about how these threads always get taken over and squashed by "C's", the ones who want to play the Transactional Analysis (TA) game "I'm Right And You're Wrong". The C's don't want a conversation, nor a debate. The goal is to win, and a win for them is when the thread dies.

That's why there was a heavier hit on people when the thread started up again. The "C's" thought they had won, then it started up again, and the C's thought to themselves "SOAB!!!" And came in with more force.

I challenge you: On CoTH, Find a thread, any thread, any year, about animal communication in which they did not come in and play the TA game "I'm Right And You're Wrong", where people who simply wanted to share stories were goaded into defending themselves, when they just want to chat and share stories. The C's don't think they can allow story sharing, and will never be happy as so long as others think differently than them. So I guess it could also be called a sort of bullying and censorship.

IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME. AND IT GETS OLD.
                                      What do you call the discussions where you can establish your position time and again?

Guess that those get a pass, because it is your opinion that prevails as the more sensible one, if it is hard to find good enough reasons for the other side?

If we look around, that is the way discussions go.
                                      Some state one opinion and some different ones.
                                      Everyone keeps repeating their opinions with as much to bring to the table as they choose.

Some times, we may agree and think all is well, others, we may not agree.
                                      Resenting that others have and keep those annoying different opinions up front and then telling them to go away?
                                      That gets old also.
                                      No need for that in discussions, I think.

Comment

You are free to believe what you wish. You are not free to publish your personal anecdotes as proof of fact without challenge.

G.
                                        What, are we in Gilead now? Of course I'm FREE to publish personal anecdotes as proof of fact (although that's not what I did). We're in America, freedom of speech and all.

Now if you had bothered to read my posts, you will see that I stated several times that I was MERELY PROVIDING CONTEXT FOR MY OWN BELIEFS. You are making up the entire concept of anecdotal evidence being provided as proof. I don't believe a single person here has said that their experiences are PROOF of the abilities of ACs.

I feel like you're getting really triggered by all this, G. Perhaps you need to take a breath and step away from the thread. You are not the protector of Animal Communicator victims, and we are not big baddies trying to steer innocent people into the clutches of evil ACs.
                                        TypaGraphics
                                        Graphic Design & Websites
                                        typagraphics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by downen View Post

What, are we in Gilead now? Of course I'm FREE to publish personal anecdotes as proof of fact (although that's not what I did). We're in America, freedom of speech and all.

Now if you had bothered to read my posts, you will see that I stated several times that I was MERELY PROVIDING CONTEXT FOR MY OWN BELIEFS. You are making up the entire concept of anecdotal evidence being provided as proof. I don't believe a single person here has said that their experiences are PROOF of the abilities of ACs.

I feel like you're getting really triggered by all this, G. Perhaps you need to take a breath and step away from the thread. You are not the protector of Animal Communicator victims, and we are not big baddies trying to steer innocent people into the clutches of evil ACs.
                                          I think you missed the "without challenge" part of that quote. You are free to post your stories but don't expect them to go unchallenged, is what that actually meant.

Comment

Working...
                                          X