Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Face to a Name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face to a Name

I've been posting on COTH for quite some time and thought perhaps I should finally provide an opportunity to match my name with a photograph. Without further ado, here is a picture of me and my horse

https://www.allposters.com/-sp/Paris...&sOrigID=56572

See.... I assumed:
    #1-you were female
    #2-you rode clothed
    Silly Me.....
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
    Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

• Original Poster

All though it is hard to tell in this photograph, I actually am wearing a helmet.

Comment

Side saddle sans saddle. Nice!

Comment

You own a Pegasus! I’m so jealous.

Comment

Your horse's hoofs like hard as a rock. I bet your farrier bills are low.

Envious.

Comment

Nice picture, nice horse, but I wonder, looking at it's strained expression, if it may have ulcers?

Comment

Never took you for some sort of bitless bridleless person...
                "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

Just have to say, having not opened the link, that I'm really cracking up at what it might contain. I think I'll just continue to let y'all fill in the blanks.
                  Mukluk, we hardly knew ye.

Comment

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post

See.... I assumed:
                    #1-you were female
                    #2-you rode clothed
                    Silly Me.....
                    She looks female to me when I zoomed in on the picture?

Mukluk I had no idea you were so musically inclined.

Comment

oh good god its going to take herculean restraint not to look now. Going to bed.

Comment

• Original Poster

As you can probably tell, both me and my horse are stoned in this picture.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                          Nice picture, nice horse, but I wonder, looking at it's strained expression, if it may have ulcers?
                          I appreciate your concern. I had just played a flat note on my trumpet and my horse is quite tone sensitive. She's been rock solid on all her vet checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukluk View Post
                            As you can probably tell, both me and my horse are stoned in this picture.
                            He does look like those horses of a rather concrete nature, well set in their ways.
                            An asset when looking for a horse that retains it's training.
                            You did good choosing him for that picture.

Comment

Isn't this the rescue horse from Alexander's Macedonian Horse Rescue non-profit that's on Go-Fund-Me? Would like to see before and after pictures.
                              Last edited by Foxglove; Jun. 16, 2019, 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It is difficult for me to validate your horsemanship when you are barefoot and your heels are not remotely down. This is very unsafe. Also, were the horse's wings fit by a reputable saddle fitter? At least your chest (obviously) and eyes are up, though. -- Do you find that sports bra effective in controlling the girls?

Comment

Originally posted by Garythesquirrel View Post

She looks female to me when I zoomed in on the picture?

Mukluk I had no idea you were so musically inclined.
                                  So I scored 1 of 2

Mukluk forgot to mention your mare is handling that lion very well!
                                  *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
                                  Steppin' Out 1988-2004
                                  Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
                                  Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post

So I scored 1 of 2

Mukluk forgot to mention your mare is handling that lion very well!
                                    Thank you. She's always been very solid.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by SharonA View Post
                                      It is difficult for me to validate your horsemanship when you are barefoot and your heels are not remotely down. This is very unsafe. Also, were the horse's wings fit by a reputable saddle fitter? At least your chest (obviously) and eyes are up, though. -- Do you find that sports bra effective in controlling the girls?
                                      Yeah, I know about the heels but I was hoping I would get extra credit for having a good seat and playing the trumpet. Also the judge was impressed with how my horse just flys over the highest fences with ease. With regard to the horse, her wings were present at birth and simply grew bigger as she developed. Finally, as you can see it is a rather minimalist style of sport bra however, it does seem to be effective. I look forward to seeing photographs of other COTHers and their horses!

Comment

I hate to even post this because I know how harsh COTH can be. The judge said my horse lacked impulsion and was quite hollow. And I probably need to get more leg on. But I still think my mare is cute, so I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                        X