Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

exterior
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

China tariffs horse related

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFigs View Post
    I will beg to differ with those of you who fear the Climate Apocalypse. The climate has changed over the centuries and over milennia. It has been hot before there were enough humans on the planet to affect "climate change" -- and they didn't have internal combusion engines anyway. There have been Ice Ages, too, without anyone around to blame. So give it a rest. Climate Change is based on faulty data and not on factual observation.
    A very concerning part of the Climate Change is that it brings more extreme weather with it. More catasptrophic storms. More flooding. More extreme swings in temperature. Within seasons: not over the course of several years. It is not a smooth adjustment as you seem to think. That is not how this works. And that is very much confirmed by 'factual observation'.

No matter where you go, there you are

Comment

My farrier is already complaining about the cost of shoes--in particular aluminum. And it's expected to get a lot worse.

Comment

One of the good things about the China Tariffs is it's restoring/revivng the steel industry in Pittsburgh. So, some good, some bad, just like everything else.

Comment

Uhhhhh.... that steel revival is forecasted to saturate the market and tank prices in that industry.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/19/stee...is-coming.html

https://seekingalpha.com/news/344992...ageddon-victim
          EHJ | FB | #140 | watch | #insta

Comment

Honestly as a person looking in from a country that Trump has already tried this tarriff game with, why does he and his supporters keep thinking, countries will just sit back and say “sure go ahead and tax OUR goods but expect us to accept yours without penalty “ Sorry but it doesn’t work that way. Plus in order to “buy American” you also don’t live in a vacuum.....the components and pieces aren’t all made in America, and already closed factories just cannot reopen that fast ! It is also impossible to “self sustain” in the long term, if you do not have trade going both ways you will soon have no trade! Eventually other countries will say, “why would we want to buy from you at your prices when you buy nothing from us?” ....but we all know a country can not provide everything internally, a country needs trade, but Trump thinks only he should be the one telling everyone what and how to do it, but the rest of the world actually thinks he’s a blowhard!

I live in Alberta, we grow and export hay, wheat, beef to name a small amount of our agricultural products. Our hay and grain prices did raise last year, but we also had dry and then late rain conditions, it wasn’t related to “tariffs or trade wars”......plus our steel and aluminum so my farrier hasn’t raised his costs as we also get that from Ontario and other countries than the USA!
            I have cancer but cancer doesnt have me!

Comment

The tariffs the US imposed on goods from China are a bargaining chip. It remains to be seen whether it works or not. It would have likely been a better strategy to impose tariffs in concert with US allies who also share problems with China. China has not and does not play fair on a host of issues. The solution needs to be multi-lateral. But, the topic here is the impact on the cost of hay as a result of these recent tariffs.

For my pocket book - I hope prices go down. For the general, financial health of the growers and suppliers - I hope it stays the same. There are a host of factors that impact the price of everything that is grown. Weather is likely the biggest impact. We can argue about whether "climate change" is real until the cows come home. I don't want my grandchildren to inherit a world that has to deal with weather conditions that we could have mitigated if we'd listened and acted. Those costs will be too high and we can't affect the impact with tariffs.

Comment

Originally posted by TCA Arabians View Post
                The tariffs the US imposed on goods from China are a bargaining chip. It remains to be seen whether it works or not. It would have likely been a better strategy to impose tariffs in concert with US allies who also share problems with China. China has not and does not play fair on a host of issues. The solution needs to be multi-lateral. But, the topic here is the impact on the cost of hay as a result of these recent tariffs.

For my pocket book - I hope prices go down. For the general, financial health of the growers and suppliers - I hope it stays the same. There are a host of factors that impact the price of everything that is grown. Weather is likely the biggest impact. We can argue about whether "climate change" is real until the cows come home. I don't want my grandchildren to inherit a world that has to deal with weather conditions that we could have mitigated if we'd listened and acted. Those costs will be too high and we can't affect the impact with tariffs.
                Well said.

Comment

Working...
                X