Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_0200
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Good Rain/Mud Boots for under $75. Need Recommendations!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Originally posted by merry mayhem View Post
    Another boot I can recommend are the Rockfish Wellington, trim fit and very durable so far. They are guaranteed for a year. They are listed on Amazon. Price depends on size and color.

Also, on sale Horseloverz, sale pricing depends on size and color.

https://www.horseloverz.com/horse-ri...ington-boots-9
    Too bad that all they have on that $15 sale is size 5 and 6! That would have been a super deal. Seems those are from the UK - probably why they hold up well! I'm still trying to find them in my size in the US. I'm a solid 7.5 and usually get an 8 in boots so accommodate heavy socks and still be able to wiggle my toes.

And thanks Somantu , I'll look for Crocs - haven't come across them yet. Sorry you lost yours in a flood. That sucks.
    ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

I wear the blue Servis boot from TSC. They are cheap, and they last me through a few years of almost daily wear (as a WS). I buy them a bit big and add inserts and/or room for thick winter socks.
      Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Comment

https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-crocs...ot/203541.html

50% off today!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Somantu View Post
          Yes, I saw the sale last night. I really like their womens style "Wellie" better, as it has a true heel - but seems they don't make them any more? I have found a very few online, but not in my size.

https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-...007B851AI?th=1
          ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

The short Hunter Wellies are fantastic.. they are spendy but you may be able to find some weird colour on markdown. I find them very comfortable and useful and they have lasted forever.

Comment

Why not add a bit of your own money and try BOGS ?? I have a pair of the slip on shoes that I use for chores Spring-Fall. They give me great support, are not too hot and are well made and will last way longer than a rain boot( my daughter has those).

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Angela Freda View Post
                I wear the blue Servis boot from TSC. They are cheap, and they last me through a few years of almost daily wear (as a WS). I buy them a bit big and add inserts and/or room for thick winter socks.
                Finally found the Servus boots on the TSC website - they only have the mens, smallest size 8 (way too big for my foot). Did search a bit, found the perfect boot that has everything I want, and dang if it isn't a discontinued item too! LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Spaci...r=8-1-fkmrnull

@pokesaladaannie, I have seen Hunter brand boots in my searches and kept forgetting to ask about them.

candyappy - I'm not familiar with BOGS, so I'll take a look at those as well.

Comment

• Original Poster

OKAY - to summarize my rain/mud boot search, here are my top three choices. All had someone recommend and per Amazon, have a 4+ star rating. I think the cows are going to win (Slogger brand), but still mulling it over. Will place order tonight. I refuse to wear gallon baggies on my feet inside my current boots for another week!

Sloggers
                  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HB0GGQS...ing=UTF8&psc=1

BOGS
                  https://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/style/72357-531.html

Crocs
                  https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-crocs...id=410#start=2

One final question to those that recommended the above - can you easily tuck your jeans into the boots with no issue? Because that is very important!

Comment

The Croc jaunty boots (https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-jaunt...der-50&cid=410) are working out great for me. My jeans stay more or less tucked in. Def no good for riding but very comfy and great for just rinsing off. With lots of rain lately, I’ve been sloshing thru some pretty gnarly mud puddles. (Edited to add I got basic black. These are a little too fluorescent for me.)

Comment

I have a pair of Bean short rubber boot wellies that work well for most days after a rain where it is not a real swamp out there you need tall rubber boots to navigate:

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/9220...=630-GN1&csp=f

Mine are dark brown and several years old.
                      Whatever I use, it needs to have a very good supporting sole and have room for inserts.
                      The flimsy ones won't work for me.

Comment

• Original Poster

The boots that only go to the top of the ankle are too short - they'd fill with mud, unfortunately. I have short boots for everyday around the farm when it dries up, or for times when I don't have to go swimming in the mud pits.

I got theses LL Bean Storm Chasers for Christmas in 2006. Awesome boots - they are well loved as you can see! They don't seem to make them in colors anymore, sadly. You used to be able to get them in navy, red, hunter green and I think yellow (besides the standard brown). Mark that down as another pair of shoes I wish I'd gotten two pairs of years ago! But they are useless in deep mud.

Comment

If you haven't picked a pair yet, Dover is having a killer sale on Noble boots, and they're "Stay Cool" so hopefully won't get too hot:
                          https://www.doversaddlery.com/muds-t...RoCDQUQAvD_BwE

Comment

• Original Poster

Well, the boots finally arrived a few minutes ago. I'm a bit miffed at Amazon Prime delivery taking 4 days... but anyway, they are so cute! And too small! I sized up to an 8, but could **just** get my barefoot in there. That would be problematic in winter with cotton tube socks on and I like extra wiggle room for my toes anyway. So back they go.

The saga of the new mud boots continues... second try should arrive on Tues.

Comment

I have had good luck with Kamik boots; https://www.kamik.com/b2c_us_en/wome....html?___SID=U. I have 2 pair of the rubber (hunter clones) and a pair of Pac boots for winter and they have all lasted well and are comfortable.
                              Last edited by mestle; May. 18, 2019, 04:27 PM. Reason: PS. I don't treat them very nice. I have had a pair of the Jennifers for 3-4 years. The buckles are off but they are decorative anyway. Other than that they are still in good shape.

Comment

For everyday farm boots, I love my Sloggers! They have not cracked like every other pair of rubber boots. I have the short ones for cleaning stalls, etc. They are very comfortable as well, though I've had this pair so long I've worn the sole paper thin and now walking on gravel = ouch! But that's because I've worn them daily long enough to wear them out without them cracking or springing a leak. The patterns are super cute, or they have plain ones too. I have also found they run a but small, but I'm a half size normally anyway, so the next size up is good for me.

Comment

• Original Poster

Glad to have another good review for the boots I selected HenryisBlaisin' . I ended up choosing them for the treads on the sole over the BOGS. So, can't wait until Tues when they are supposed to arrive!

I am so over going through so many 1 gallon ziplock bags just to get through the mud. Those boots I got at Tractor Supply have split all over the place, besides leaking through the soles as well. They are by Western Chief. Won't be buying another pair of them.

Comment

Working...
                                  X