Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

1539 Hatchaway Bridge Road 100

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official COTH menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official COTH menu

Please help me assemble an official version of what has been informally taking shape for years.

Beverages: Boxed wine, special Koolaid
    Appetizers: Guacamole, chips, popcorn
    Dessert: Rainbow Cake, Peeps

Do we have a main course? Apart from the occasional suggestion of humble pie?

Frost Bite Falls

There was something about cake... blueberry muffins or carrot cake or something. Can't remember the specifics, but it was within the past year.

Comment

Why Meatloaf of course!

Came from my inability to spell Maestro, and my spell checkers helpful substitution...in reference to our favourite Dressage wannabe NP.
      "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

The chicken that was stuck in the oven?
        Kick On

Comment

A loaf of bread. Am I the only one that remembers that thread about a host that was offended that a guest brought a loaf of bread along to a dinner party.
          Just like our eyes, our hearts have a way of adjusting to the dark.--Adam Stanley

Comment

• Original Poster

Yes, meatloaf ( not the singer, though you could invite him). I don’t remember the chicken...but the loaf of bread taken to a dinner party is
            very much something my mother would have disapproved of. Almost as much as ending a sentence with a preposition.

Our menu is filling out nicely, though somewhat tilted toward the dessert course. Nothing wrong with that. Heavy sugar and alcohol consumption keeps train wrecks going long past their prime.
            Frost Bite Falls

Comment

Oh my goodness, yes, that bread! I love bread, so if you can bring a nice homemade loaf of deliciousness you are always welcome at my house. Preferably sourdough... or those fancy sweet tasting wheat rolls with sunflower seeds.

Comment

Margaritas!

Comment

Can we have chocolate?
                  Just like our eyes, our hearts have a way of adjusting to the dark.--Adam Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by RoughOut View Post
                    The chicken that was stuck in the oven?
                    Yes! Oven-baked chicken (baked carefully just below 500 degrees F).

Now you need a starch of some sort. Oh, I know! Someone can bring a loaf of bread for the dinner, but it must be spontaneous; the hostess cannot request it.
                    "Random capitAlization really Makes my day." -- AndNirina

Comment

Speaking of the chicken stuck in the oven -- I just searched through the archives for that one. Missed it the first time around. Can anyone help me find it? TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFigs View Post
                        Speaking of the chicken stuck in the oven -- I just searched through the archives for that one. Missed it the first time around. Can anyone help me find it? TIA!
                        https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...85-the-chicken

ETA: started here https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...ven-won-t-open

Comment

Don’t forget where to eat it. The Blue Saddle Inn on the Open Trailer Deck.
                          When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

Oh I had forgotten about the dinner party bread thread. What a wild ride.

Comment

Originally posted by findeight View Post
                              Don’t forget where to eat it. The Blue Saddle Inn on the Open Trailer Deck.
                              From there you can watch the cow who made the bid fir freedom, being chased by someone with a tranquilizer gun..
                              "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

Oh I remember the chicken and the bread thread. I would eat and drink this entire thread with a group of horse people <3
                                www.abacusfurniture.com

Bit Chair: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNfIUYig...bacusfurniture

Comment

• Original Poster

Wait, what cow? Is it on the menu? Or merely gone rogue?
                                  Frost Bite Falls

Comment

Thanks, rockonxox. How could I have missed this amazing bit of COTH OT?

Comment

Can someone link the loaf of bread trainwreck? I could use a laugh
                                      "So relax! Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun goddamnit." Crash Davis; Bull Durham

Comment

Avocados, or not, and tomatoes. In memory of Sannois.

Comment

Working...
                                        X