Sport Horse Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official COTH menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostbitten
    started a topic Official COTH menu

Official COTH menu

Please help me assemble an official version of what has been informally taking shape for years.

Beverages: Boxed wine, special Koolaid
    Appetizers: Guacamole, chips, popcorn
    Dessert: Rainbow Cake, Peeps

Do we have a main course? Apart from the occasional suggestion of humble pie?

• shiloh
    replied
    Ahem. The main course is BLT, avocado optional of course.

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    Excellent clothing addition.

Leave a comment:

• Hulk
    replied
    KBC thanks. Yup that is it.

Leave a comment:

• KBC
    replied
    Originally posted by Hulk View Post
    Okay for attire to the dinner party you all have to help me out. There was this thread I think in the dressage forum. Story line...... she goes to dressage at Devon. Sees a famous french brand ball cap. Falls in love with it but doesn't buy it. Boy friend goes online and buys it for her for valentines day. She gets gift hat, hates it because it is not like she seen at Devon, it looks like a truckers cap. So any one remember the trucker cap train wreck thread. So if someone can remember that thread help me out and I nominate trucker hats to the list of attire.

Your wish is my command https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...ire#post263683 I accept guac, wine....

Leave a comment:

• Hulk
    replied
    Okay for attire to the dinner party you all have to help me out. There was this thread I think in the dressage forum. Story line...... she goes to dressage at Devon. Sees a famous french brand ball cap. Falls in love with it but doesn't buy it. Boy friend goes online and buys it for her for valentines day. She gets gift hat, hates it because it is not like she seen at Devon, it looks like a truckers cap. So any one remember the trucker cap train wreck thread. So if someone can remember that thread help me out and I nominate trucker hats to the list of attire.

Leave a comment:

• SWatson
    replied
    LOL! TOB = The Other Board - a while back there was a BB called The Manure Pile (TMP) and it was referenced over here as TOB. I'm guessing that is where it was - but the member (like most others) was also a member here - just cannot recall her name! I spent hours one day searching for this - stupid me LOL! It was always such a funny annual event!

Leave a comment:

• rockonxox
    replied
    Dang, must not be here and over on that other forum you listed (no idea what the acronym stands for). However, we do have some posts about Fed Ex and Caviar at Christmas... is that a thing? Who knew.

Leave a comment:

• SWatson
    replied
    I'll try!

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    SWatson, annual festive train wrecks featuring three kinds of caviar?! Please, please find us the link.

Leave a comment:

• Haylter
    replied
    GUAC!

Leave a comment:

• SWatson
    replied
    Was it here, or on TOB where every Christmas a certain poster would write an epic angry rant about FedEx and her delivery of three types of Caviar? Her anger was spectacular!

Leave a comment:

• Linny
    replied
    I'm quite sure that Hunter Princesses have been said to taste like chicken.

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    Troll House Cookies for the win!

Leave a comment:

• Brown Derby
    replied
    I know it's rude to dictate the menu but I'll bring some Troll House cookies, kay?

Leave a comment:

• Frostbitten
    replied
    Amendments: to be hosted by Aunt Esther, crayons for placement colouring, baby carrot sticks. And how have we overlooked the gluten-free element, which is closely tied to the “is it polite to bring bread to a dinner party” question?

Leave a comment:

• Chall
    replied
    A big purse from Aunt Esther.
    And "what about the gold fish!"

I note that no train wreck has included: champaign, caviar or filet mignon. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• ParadoxFarm
    replied
    Venison...in honor of the pool-crashing guest.

Leave a comment:

• sixteenhands
    replied
    Baby Quiche and Baby Carrots

Leave a comment:

• Scribbler
    replied
    Hmmm. Sour grapes over small potatoes with butter that wouldn't melt in your mouth?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X