Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

1barn
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Official COTH menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not a part of the chicken thread, which was high comedy, but I was part of the egregious loaf of bread thread. please someone link, I must relive haha
    Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

in addition to humble pie, there's frequently a main dish of crow.
      Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by KBC View Post

From there you can watch the cow who made the bid fir freedom, being chased by someone with a tranquilizer gun..
        I remember both of those!
        And the horse - OTTB? - that saved someone from being smooshed by a semi?/railroad train? whilst herding cattle.
        And the poster who shared her son's pilonidal cyst along with some farfetched tale of horse rescue complete with blizzard.
        And the newb whose uncle was giving her the "gift" of an aged, unbroke Arab stallion that she would train with L-U-V...
        Where, oh where have they gone?

Oops, back on subject:

The wine must be Cardboardeaux

And for an after-dinner Speaker I nominate Heat-her Hill
        *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
        Steppin' Out 1988-2004
        Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
        Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

Originally posted by MissAriel View Post
          Can someone link the loaf of bread trainwreck? I could use a laugh
          and ladyj79
          ​​​​​​ ​
          https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...ght-by-a-guest

Enjoy

Comment

• Original Poster

Amended Menu:

Cardbordeaux, Pitcher of Margaritas

Avocados, with tomato, served as guacamole

Bread (depending on your views of correct protocol)

Popcorn

Blackened Chicken

Free Range Beef

Magical Rainbow Cake

Peeps

Chocolate

There has been no train wreck featuring salad, as far as I recall. We must remain vegetable-free until someone creates a thread pitting meatatarians against vegetarians in the horse world.
            Frost Bite Falls

Comment

BACON BACON BACON
              Treat others the way you want others to treat you ~ on your threads !

Comment

Thank you so much for the links to the Chicken and Bread threads. Boy, did I miss some awesome classic threads on my hiatus from COTH! 36 pages over bread being brought to a dinner party... hysterical.

But I'm confused on the menu - are this items consumed when reading a trainwreck post? As in "pass the popcorn", I'll be here for a while as I read the 20+ pages of why the chicken is still stuck in the oven? Or are these menu items that were actually part of the original post that became the trainwreck?

If it's the former, I think you have to add "chips" (corn, potato, tortillas, etc. - "chips" can mean so many different things), which isn't as popular as popcorn, but comes up often enough. After all, you have to put that guac on something!
                ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

What about the most obvious one?

Spam, spam, spam, spam...wonderful spam
                  "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

And for after dinner entertainment, a presentation on horse marketing by Churchill Hunt Club, TBs, Sport Horses or whatever their name du jour currently is. Featuring posing horses on tropical beaches.
                    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

• Original Poster

4leaf Clover, the menu item itself could have been featured on a train wreck thread or simply been the standby sustenance (boxed wine and guacamole) for a truly epic, multi-paged thread. The kind of thread where people put off bathroom breaks because the drama is running so high. For example, the Blue Saddle, Open Trailer thread. I believe it broke the record for length. find eight, that’s a brilliant idea for COTH dining entertainment.
                      Frost Bite Falls

Comment

Hey, what was the title of that Blue Saddle and Open Trailer thread. It was in a thread on Off Course that started about something else and is a great entertainment for those newer folk who need to read this example of a good train wreck that seems to be one of the longest running ever. IIRC never got real ugly or nasty. Close maybe but not over the edge.
                        When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

• Original Poster

find eight, you have solved the issue of what to present as dinner theatre. But what about attire? Are rust coloured breeches allowed, canary vests, extreme bling, how much Burberry is too much Burberry, or is that possible? We need to be careful or there may be cliques of Dublin-boot shod guests in one corner and those in muddy Carhartt garb in another. Should we all just wear plaid?
                          Frost Bite Falls

Comment

Brown Boots
                            Zu Zu Bailey " IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE ! "

Comment

How about I Sold My Horse and Now They Won't Let Me Buy Her Back, preceded by
                              The Mean Neighbors Disappointed My Child Because They PROMISED She Could Ride The Pony All Summer.

And Wah, My Husband won't subsidize my 23 unbroke homebreds anymore and I don't want to get a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostbitten View Post
                                find eight, you have solved the issue of what to present as dinner theatre. But what about attire? Are rust coloured breeches allowed, canary vests, extreme bling, how much Burberry is too much Burberry, or is that possible? We need to be careful or there may be cliques of Dublin-boot shod guests in one corner and those in muddy Carhartt garb in another. Should we all just wear plaid?
                                I don't know about proper attire but absolutely no one should have feathers in their hair or wear yoga pants while riding. Those topics issued multiple pages of COTH la de da too. I was merely a spectator on that thread. I have no opinion worth sharing on that topic..

The chicken and bread topics were great though.

Comment

If things got too quiet we could all gripe about the bad customer service from the various on-line vendors, then raise a toast and shed a tear for all the good tack stores we put out of business.

Aunt Ester would be the best source for a decision on how much Burberry is too much.
                                  Last edited by Brown Derby; Apr. 30, 2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Attire requires pearls, for clutching and casting before swine (and equines).

Comment

You need to work bar.ka into the evening’s entertainment. Hostess, maybe?
                                      "We need a pinned ears icon." -MysticOakRanch

Comment

I demand Meatloaf.

Comment

• Original Poster

RainWeasley, do you have a favourite song you’d like to request? Assuming he’s part of the dinner theatre.
                                          Frost Bite Falls

Comment

Working...
                                          X