Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Please call Chewy.com and ask them to carry Triple Crown Senior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please call Chewy.com and ask them to carry Triple Crown Senior

I'm starting an online campaign (unofficial) to ask Chewy.com to carry Triple Crown Senior. Since it is kind of a Purina product (let's not debate this on this thread please) they should be able to get it in providing TC allows them to sell it (they are very picky about their dealers.).
    So if a lot of people call Chewy.com to show that they want them to carry TCS and TCC, it might just persuade TC to allow them to.
    Here's the number: 18006724399

?

really could piss off FedEx and order 50 bales of hay

https://www.chewy.com/standlee-premi...grab/dp/170849

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by clanter View Post

Right?! But you gotta admit, it's pretty awesome that they carry horse stuff And they are an awesome company to deal with as a consumer.
      when I lost 2 of my horses last year to bad feed, they refunded all of my orders of the feed since I bought it from them. And sent me a card too.The feed companies didn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by clanter View Post

Oh, wow... I had no idea you could get those compressed bales delivered!
        (I used to buy them at Tractor Supply to feed to the rabbits... the price is about the same.)

--
        Wendy
        ... and Patrick

Comment

Purina has nothing to do with where Triple Crown is distributed. Triple Crown decides where their product goes. You would be better to call Triple Crown and ask them to seek distribution through Chewy.

My bet would be it will not happen due to the fact the feed is textured. Chewy currently only carries pelleted feed products, and that is probably because they have a longer shelf life that textured feed.

You would have much more luck finding a dealer in your area that either already carries Triple Crown or find one willing to do it, which is not easy. The closest reputable and reliable Triple Crown dealer to me is 65 miles away. I planned accordingly and pick up feed every three months.
          "You can't fix stupid"- Ron White

Comment

I thankfully don't have to go that far for it, but I admit that when they stopped carrying it locally, I checked Amazon
            COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Comment

I wouldn't buy TC through Chewy so I'm not sure it's fair for me to ask them to carry it. I suspect carrying it would be a loss for them.

Why not call TC and see if they can suggest a local option that would work for you?
              ~Veronica
              "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
              http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

Even if they were willing, Purina is only milling TC for part of the country--not the whole US. So even if Purina is distributing where they're milling (are they??) it would make it a regional product for Chewy. Do they have any other products that are limited by region? I don't think they do...

Comment

I wish they would carry Ultium
                  Ultium. I've requested it, and they added it to some list. Everything else I can order from.them - Beet Pulp, Alfalfa Hay and Cubes, Tribute Kalm N EZ, buckeye Grow N Win - but two of mine are on Ultium, and I really hate switching them. I'm sure my delivery guy does hate me, but it's so convenient.
                  The Equine Wellness and Nutrition FB Group - Come join us!!
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinewellness/

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by cutter99 View Post
                    Purina has nothing to do with where Triple Crown is distributed. Triple Crown decides where their product goes. You would be better to call Triple Crown and ask them to seek distribution through Chewy.

My bet would be it will not happen due to the fact the feed is textured. Chewy currently only carries pelleted feed products, and that is probably because they have a longer shelf life that textured feed.

You would have much more luck finding a dealer in your area that either already carries Triple Crown or find one willing to do it, which is not easy. The closest reputable and reliable Triple Crown dealer to me is 65 miles away. I planned accordingly and pick up feed every three months.
                    CryptoAero isn't entirely pelleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachie View Post

CryptoAero isn't entirely pelleted.
                      Except for oats, it is pelleted. And as a consumer, who also worked in the feed industry for 15 years, it is not something I would buy and have shipped, especially if I could not see a manufacturing date on it.

Comment

I prefer Seminole because the feed is milled weekly and the truck runs weekly and no cattle feed is run down in Ocala
                        oh yeah for years I've cross examined the drivers who deliver Seminole here

Comment

The nice black female fedex driver was appreciative of her xmas $ from my cats for delivering heavy pet food weekly
                          i won't make her deliver hay
                          well maybe.....

Comment

I suspect Chewy offering horse feed/hay has something to do with Stateline acquiring the company and utilizing some of the same warehouses/resources for their equine sites and for Chewy. If I'm right about that, I don't think it's likely that Chewy will start adding horse feeds that SLT doesn't offer. And SLT has never offered a lot other than Standlee.
                            ~Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by vxf111 View Post
                              I suspect Chewy offering horse feed/hay has something to do with Stateline acquiring the company and utilizing some of the same warehouses/resources for their equine sites and for Chewy. If I'm right about that, I don't think it's likely that Chewy will start adding horse feeds that SLT doesn't offer. And SLT has never offered a lot other than Standlee.
                              Petsmart owns Chewy. TabCom owns Stateline. Petsmart is privately owned. There's no relationship between Stateline and Chewy.

Comment

Oh my bad I thought Stateline was who bought Chewy
                                ~Veronica

Comment

• Original Poster

Except for oats, it is pelleted. And as a consumer, who also worked in the feed industry for 15 years, it is not something I would buy and have shipped, especially if I could not see a manufacturing date on it.
                                  Actually it has peas and a few other things that aren't pelleted.
                                  But! I learned the hardest way ever about buying feed in paper bags with no manufacturing dates on it...last year I lost 2 horses within 2 weeks of each other. I posted about this last year. I'd rather not discuss it any longer but search my posts about March/April last year. I posted the entire situation with full disclosure. Just please don't resurrect the thread if you can help it. I don't like reliving that nightmare.

Comment

If anyone north of Virginia would start carrying Seminole that would be really A+.

we can't get anything good here in the northeast, it's triple crown, poulin, blue seal, or purina. Bring on the good stuff!
                                    Originally posted by PeanutButterPony
                                    you can shackle your pony to a lawn chair at the show...so long as its in a conservative color.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachie View Post

Actually it has peas and a few other things that aren't pelleted.
                                      But! I learned the hardest way ever about buying feed in paper bags with no manufacturing dates on it...last year I lost 2 horses within 2 weeks of each other. I posted about this last year. I'd rather not discuss it any longer but search my posts about March/April last year. I posted the entire situation with full disclosure. Just please don't resurrect the thread if you can help it. I don't like reliving that nightmare.
                                      You did not post the entire situation with full disclosure. What were the results of the feed being tested? It would be highly unusual and unlikely for two horses to die from feed contamination of two different feeds by two different companies unless they are contaminated on the farm. Especially since one of the feeds you named is milled at a drug free mill. So what were the results?

Comment

• Original Poster

You did not post the entire situation with full disclosure. What were the results of the feed being tested? It would be highly unusual and unlikely for two horses to die from feed contamination of two different feeds by two different companies unless they are contaminated on the farm. Especially since one of the feeds you named is milled at a drug free mill. So what were the results?
                                        Sigh...I really don't want to go through this again. And inevitably take this discussion off topic. So if you want to discuss this, please PM me.
                                        In the end, after speaking to UC Davis (IIRC I spoke to several labs back then) testing the feed without tissue samples wouldn't have told us much since monensin was unlikely. And costly, which I couldn't do at the time. The testing could have gone into the thousands without tissue samples. I was told that feed could have hotspots, where a seemingly good bag of feed has a spot or several of a contaminate. The doctor I spoke with (I have his name written down in their files, but having just moved, they are still packed.) also said that without tissue samples it would be hard to prove to the feed companies lawyers that it was indeed one of the feeds. And the reason we didn't get tissue samples is that my vet wasn't prepared to do a necropsy and advised me to take the 2nd horse to OSU, who were closed since it was a Sunday and by the time they returned my call Monday morning, the window to do a necropsy to harvest her organ tissue was closed.
                                        So while it was said that it was most likely due to feed contamination, time and money prevented me from proving it to the extent that the feed companies would take responsibility for their deaths. I was told to keep the remainder of the feeds in case other cases similar began popping up, which I did.
                                        So I am not on a campaign to ruin either feed company as some might do even without any testing, I choose not to feed either. Or any feed that comes in a paper bag with no manufacturing data on it.
                                        So please cutter99, if you want to discuss this further or if anyone else does, I would really appreciate it if you would just let my horses rest in peace. But if you absolutely must talk about this and not calling Chewy to carry more horse feed, especially TCS for those of us who can't get it easily, then please pm me.

Comment

Working...
                                        X